Cornwall Football Forum

In New Hands

Jeremy Wade

1 hour ago, Jeremy Wade said:

Overheard a conversation on the bus this morning saying the club has/just about to be sold!

Any truth? Anyone with any knowledge?

JW

Could it be the Cornwall Rugby League side set-up headed up by Eric Perez? What do we also think of the name being changed from Truro City to Cornwall ?????(something) AFC?

Regarding Eric Perez, and the Cornwall Rugby League set up, this was on the BBC Sport website a few days ago.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/67099742

Looking at the success of Catalan Dragons in Rugby League Super League, he obviously thinks there is potential in developing a side in an area that has a strong Rugby Union heritage. Being a spring/summer sport, the use of Langarth would dovetail nicely with Truro City. All speculation on my part though.

12 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Could it be the Cornwall Rugby League side set-up headed up by Eric Perez? What do we also think of the name being changed from Truro City to Cornwall ?????(something) AFC?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO (and no, that wasn't my impression of Jim from the Vicar of Dibley either). 

I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen. This year has been cr@p enough. This would be the cherry on the cake. 😒