Ludgvan v St. Day

Mawnan v Hayle

Praze v Wendron United

Threemilestone v RNAS Culdrose

EVELY CUP 1ST ROUND

Redruth United v St. Ives Town

St. Newlyn East v Bodmin Town

Praze 3-1 Wendron 3s

Started slow, took the lead after being camped in their half for the majority of the first 25 minutes. A reply from a quick counter shortly after left it level at the break.

A change in personnel for the Praze boys and the 1-1 became 3-1 and  looked comfortable for the remainder of the game.

Top of the league unbeaten, into the next round of the cup from a previous weeks’ result and hopefully a next round success down at Newlyn next week, but won’t tempt fate!

Looking good and 7 from 7!

Luke Carroll

Harry Badcock

Alex Andru with 3 assists 🔥

Torpoint Athletic 3 - 1 Sticker

Torpoint goal scorers: Jay Boyle, Lewis Pacey & Jimi Taylor

A warm summer's day in October where I was pleased to be back with the team. Majority of the first half was ours but we failed to break the deadlock as the forwards couldn't hit a barn door! Sticker must've known they were lucky to still be in the game for so long asking for a water break to stem the flow. Small fired a big chance over the bar when clean through, Cullerton then did the same on his left foot, also ending up on the youth pitch out the back when a low finish from either would've resulted in something. Rothwell was the biggest culprit though and had 3 big opportunities to break his duck for the season but failed to do so. The Sticker stand in keeper looked solid but I can't recall us actually hitting the target when we had golden opportunities to score. A frustrating 0-0 at HT.

A rather critical team talk if I'm honest but it was justified. We reacted well with Smallsy scoring early on after being played through one on one and a brilliant finish from him which was chalked off by the visiting linesman miles behind play much to my annoyance. We finally opened the scoring around 57mins when a superb free kick on the right hand side from Jimi Taylor found Jay Boyle on the stretch for his 2nd of the season. 5mins later and the returning to the club Pacey scored a sublime finish for 2-0. Rothwell was played in well in the inside left channel, showed good composure to delay his pass as Pacey was overlapping with a good run and Rothwell slid him in for a one on one, with Pacey then delicately lobbing the ball over the keeper from the edge of the box. On 70mins it was 3-0 and game over as Taylor deservedly completed our scoring. Smallsy on the right hand side put in a nice cross for Taylor to tee up and smash into the net. A just reward for a superb display from the youngster. Late in the game Robertson showed a typical moment of madness and man handled a Sticker forward to the ground when the threat didn't look too great, but easy point to the spot from referee Harris. A fine display from him as always. And the penalty was very well hit, with Sidey diving the wrong way, he wouldn't have had much chance anyway as it hit the corner. 3-1 FT.

A pleasing win, particularly with the performance of Taylor and the return of Pacey. With Westall and Bark both out injured, Easterbrook, Bouch and Coutts also unavailable it was proof in the depth of the squad now. Roll on Wednesday where we begin our winter training block. 

Illogan res 4-0 Penzance res

Turned up expecting to see a competitive game shouldn’t have bothered. PZ spent most of the 90 minutes shouting and swearing at any decision that went against whilst failing to get a single shot on target. The game was summed by a headless chicken in a blue shirt with a number 3 on his back telling Illogan this was their cup final and laughing at 4-0 down 

PREMIER DIVISION EAST

Altarnun 0 v 1 North Petherwin

Petherwin Scorer: Sharpe 28mins

Attendance: 30-40

Local derby for us as we made the short trip to Altarnun. Games like these are always dangerous especially when missing key players in Gyamfi, Pennington, Sanders & Williams and that's what i told the players before the match i Just didn't think they would take my line of if we win 1-0 then i'd be happy that serious... haha. 

Didn't take us long to gain control of the ball and be camped in the nuns half, but we just didn't move the ball quickly enough. As soon as we did we opened them up with Sharpe looking dangerous on the right getting in behind several times, we did get caught a couple of times on the counter but fortunately for us Altarnun lacked quality in the final third. Our goal came in the 28th minute with some nice play out the back finding Stott, who turned his player in the midfield and then found fellow CM Cartwright who travelled a few yards before putting a great weighted pass in behind the left CB & FB for Sharpe to latch on to and rifle in to the top of the net from about 15 yards. 
We nearly added a second from a corner when Stainer met with a great header but Sillifant in the home goal made an excellent save to tip over.

We started the 2nd half with 10 men after Farrer was sin binned 1 minute before HT and soon found ourselves down to 9. Within a few minutes of the restart, young and quick McGinnes got in behind the Nuns defence and was chopped in the box, clear penalty to everyone in the ground including the Nuns players but the man in the middle who didn't give it.  McGinnes then picked himself up of the ground chased the full back to win the ball back and was slightly late and picked up his second yellow of the game and was very harshly sent off. First yellow was from kicking the ball away in the 1st half after winning it back, the ref thought it was a foul and his through ball to the strikers was deemed kicking the ball away. To make things worse the full back he fouled for the red chopped him several times throughout the game and escaped any cards. 

We weathered the 9 man period and then adjusted shape with 10 men for the last 35ish minutes and despite one goal line clearance by Stott we never really looked like conceding and should have added more goals but from 2 brilliant saves from the home keeper Sillifant again. 

Credit goes to Altarnun, they have lost a significant amount of players and i really hope they do survive the season, they have a great bunch of volunteers who have and will put in many hours for the club. If they can raise their game like they did against us i'm sure they will pick up some points soon. 

For us another 3 points which is all that matters on days like that, no game on the 14th so a Saturday off for me and the lads.