Cornwall Football Forum

Saturday 9th September fixtures

DIV TWO WEST
Constantine v Redruth United Reserves
Illogan RBL Reserves v Frogpool & Cusgarne
Newlyn Non-Athletico v Falmouth United
Penzance Reserves H-W Perranwell Reserves.  Home walkover Perranwell unable to raise team 
St Buryan v Chacewater
St Day Thirds v New Inn Titans
Stithians v Mawnan Reserves

DIV THREE WEST
Dropship v Lizard Argyle
Lanner v St Erme
Probus v St Ives Mariners
RNAS Culdrose Reserves v Wendron United Fourths
St Keverne v Carharrack

DIV FOUR WEST
Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves v Dropship Reserves
Lizard Argyle Reserves v St Just Reserves
Mullion Thirds v Constantine Reserves
Perranporth v Penryn Athletic Reserves
Storm v Wendron United Fifths
Troon Reserves v Pendeen Rovers Reserves

All 3 pm kick off 

Probus 2 mariners 1 

no ref at probus this afternoon so I stepped in to help I’ve applied for the next course and have enjoyed my games in the middle so far.

probus deservedly got 3 points but did it the hard way. Mariners who were missing several key players apparently made them work for it and maybe could have got something if it wasn’t for an excellent penalty save and a even better rebound save from the keeper. Excellent goal to win the game in the last 10/12 mins from their player manager before probus saw the game out and took the points

Good luck to both teams going forward 

happy to step in and ref a game for teams east or west if they don’t have an official assigned to them before I get myself on the next course. 

Div 2 

Stithians 3-1 Mawnan Reserves

Lovely day up Stithians showground not a sign of the wind the air onto the action.  Mawnan started slightly better with Jack Blakeston rattling the bar. Stithians went up the other end and won a corner swung in by Tom Roberts flicked by Howard Vague for Alex Hennessy to finish 1-0 Stithians. Stithians kept pressing for a second with Mawnan always a danger with Jack up top but we extended our lead after a free kick by Peter Blight was headed by Treve Bale for Jamie Barkle to head home from 5 yards 2-0 25 minutes gone.  Mawnan kept pressing and Jack Blakeston test keeper Liam Bray who was equal to the shot. Both teams created chances without scoring 2-0 HT

Second half

Mawnan started the brighter and pulled a goal back in the 50th minute when a ball was played through to Blakeston who slotted in bottom corner. Mawnan pressed for an equaliser and nearly got it from a corner  which was played to the edge but the shot was saved by Bray in goal.  In the 65th minute we extended our lead when Treve Bale put through Howard Vague who lobbed the keeper for 3-1.  Mawnan kept pressing to try and get one back but Stithians defended well. Both teams made changes Danny Maybin shot just wide for Mawnan. Stithians thought they made it 4-1 when Ryan Kempthorne slotted home for his first senior goal but was adjudged to be offside much to the dismay of the home team. Mawnan kept pressing to get back in the game but the back 3 stood firm winning headers and challengers. Stithians striker Kempthorne almost made it 4-1 but a good save from mawnan keeper. In the 88th minute Mawnan had a chance on the edge of box which was turned into the post from the finger tips of Bray In the Stithians goal.  Ref blew for Ft 3-1 victory for us.

Big thanks to Mawnan for coming back to pub afterwards for food good hard battle thought we just edged it and took our chances.

Also a shout out to the young referee Jaden Verrier well done got a bright future in front of you keep it going. 😊

Stithians finally have more points than last season haha.  Onto Perranwell next week hopefully they can raise a team. Sad to see village teams struggling for a side we come through it after a tough thought season last year. Just got to keep plucking away

23 hours ago, Xavier1 said:

Probus 2 mariners 1 

no ref at probus this afternoon so I stepped in to help I’ve applied for the next course and have enjoyed my games in the middle so far.

probus deservedly got 3 points but did it the hard way. Mariners who were missing several key players apparently made them work for it and maybe could have got something if it wasn’t for an excellent penalty save and a even better rebound save from the keeper. Excellent goal to win the game in the last 10/12 mins from their player manager before probus saw the game out and took the points

Good luck to both teams going forward 

happy to step in and ref a game for teams east or west if they don’t have an official assigned to them before I get myself on the next course. 

Thanks mate.You had a good game in the middle,I was the keeper for mariners.