Cornwall Football Forum

Porthleven Legends v Plymouth Argyle Legends

kevin richards

Sunday 3rd September, Plymouth Argyle will bring a team down to Gala Park for a Charity Game in aid of the Cornwall Air Ambulance & Porthleven Afc youth section.

This will be a 2:30pm ko. Entry is £5 for adults, all under 16 free. There will be a Burger van on site, the club will be running a raffle with good prizes & the bar will be open all afternoon.

Come & see a few names & faces you may well remember wearing the Yellow & Black of Porthleven & the Green & Black of Argyle grace the pitch once more.

Your support for this event will be greatly appreciated.

The squads selected are as follows……..

PORTHLEVEN LEGENDS FROM…

CHRIS STRIKE (capt), DARREN HOLSEY, JUSTIN HARRINGTON, DARREN WILLS, DAVE LARSEN, CHRIS LONG, MARTIN GRITTON, CHARLIE LEGG, MARK HOPE, ALAN ROBERTS, JOHN BURROWS, JAMES MILLER, MATT SHEILS, ANDY MILLS, PAUL AINSCOUGH, DEAN BRAY, JASON ROBERTSON, STEVEN WILLIAMS, ASHLEY STIDWELL, TONY STRIKE, DARREN GILBERT, SEAN FLYNN, ANDREW WESTGARTH. VIV DANNING.

MANAGERS,, ALAN CAREY, KEVIN RICHARDS & CHRIS STRIKE.

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FROM…

GRAHAM KIMBERLY, SHAUN SULLIVAN, MATT PARSONS, MARK EDWORTHY, LEIGH COOPER, JAMIE LOWRY, PAUL EDWARDS, CHRIS HARRISON, DAVID BYRNE, STEVE BROWNLOW, KEVIN HODGES, RYAN CROSS, PAUL SMITH, ANDY DUNCAN, LIAM FORD, CHRIS HARGREAVES, DOMINIC RICHARDSON, ANDY BOWKER, MARTIN GRITTON

MANAGERS,,, PAUL HART, CHRIS ROWNTREE

Should be a great day Kev!! Some top names and top blokes from Cornish football in both those squads!! And managers of course mate! 😘 Thanks to Strikey for the invite but the knees have eventually gone for good!! 😔🤮 Kicked the ball back twice from behind the goal at my boys game last week and was limping until Wednesday!! 😂😤 Will deffo try and get down for that, the burger van sounding good and hopefully catch up with you Kev 👍

Porthleven Legends 4- Plymouth Argyle Legends 2.

Port 2-0 down at half time after Argyle dominated possession & scored goals by Dom Richardson & Andy Bowker.

However, a brilliant chip over keeper Graham Kimberly by James Miller in the 1st minutes of the 2nd half turned the game.

Port started to press the Argyle back four & were able to regain possession high up the pitch, allowing Andy Westgarth to claim a couple of typical finishes & after Steve Williams was tripped in the box, Darren Gilbert cooly dispatched the penalty to take the game away from Plymouth.

A fantastic day at Gala Park & some players being able to see each other for the 1st time in over 20yrs.

Thank you to everyone that attended & I hope you enjoyed your day as much as I enjoyed mine. 💛🖤💚🖤