Div 4

Mullion 3rds  v  Helston Raiders 

Troon  Res   V   Dropship Res 

All 6-30 p m kick off 

DIVISION 2 WEST

PERRANWELL RES   (0)   1         Ben Rapsey 56’

NEW INN TITANS    (1)    2         Conner Arthur 19’   Johnny Jones 59’

ATTENDANCE:   44

cracking game, easy to see how NIT  have won back to back league titles 2 years running and only lost one league game in about two and a half years!! Potent attacking team with some really good players, nice to see my old mate Ralph a steady influence at the back. Great effort from the hard working Perranwell to get back into the game and cause Titans problems after being reduced to 10 men just before half time, probably just about the right result and credit to both teams for an entertaining evening 👍👏🏼

Penzance (0) 1 -v- 3 (1) Newlyn Non Athletico

I missed the start. I missed the end. But I was there for the goals. Penzance started brightly, forcing Newlyn to be on the back foot. But, the visitors remained composed, and grew into the half. An offside flag here and there broke threatening play down. Then Newlyn break the deadlock. Haaland (Liddicoat) putting the Crabs in front, a lead they comfortably held until halftime. 0-1.

Second half, Pz again brightly dinking the ball around the pitch. Bit of a midfield battle ensued, tasty without handbags (that came later). Pz operating around the edge of the area, tackle, contact, Pz player down, penalty! Anyone ever see that advert about being as “soft as Silky the silkworms silk pyjamas”? Anyway, pen despatched via goalkeepers hand. Firmly struck. Needed to be. 1-1.

I thought Pz had the momentum, could see them pushing on, but again, Newlyn looked composed. Not flustered.

Newlyn break, force a corner, a great save, another corner, and this time Louis V fires the ball into the net. Bullet header. Bang! 1-2.

Pz roll up their sleeves. Midfield heating up. Newlyn, edge of box, Lids beats defender, but not his outstretched leg. Penalty. Moaning. But it is a penalty. Despatched by Liddicoat for his second and Newlyn’s third. 1-3.

It completed the scoring, but time for some pitch side antics in front the dugouts, which allowed the involvement of a number of subs and so on. A couple of throat grabs, pushing shoving, you know, the football we love. Yellow cards, and time for me to depart.

Well done to the ref. A young lad, doing his best. Maybe he made a mistake here and there. He did not influence the result of this game. The players did. Whether they were playing marvellous football, or throwing their arms around moaning, the game was in their hands.

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

DIVISION 2 WEST

PERRANWELL RES   (0)   1         Ben Rapsey 56’

NEW INN TITANS    (1)    2         Conner Arthur 19’   Johnny Jones 59’

ATTENDANCE:   44

cracking game, easy to see how NIT  have won back to back league titles 2 years running and only lost one league game in about two and a half years!! Potent attacking team with some really good players, nice to see my old mate Ralph a steady influence at the back. Great effort from the hard working Perranwell to get back into the game and cause Titans problems after being reduced to 10 men just before half time, probably just about the right result and credit to both teams for an entertaining evening 👍👏🏼

Cheers Rappo, nice to see you Pal! 

Thought it got a bit tougher for us, when the man was sent off, we sort of didn’t know how to take advantage of the Space. 
Some tireless running from the Perranwell boys, and got their goal. 
We could have scored a few more if it wasn’t for the woodwork, and some great saves from the keeper! 

The reserves will shock a couple teams I think. 

Great game for the Neutral. 

Thanks for your kind words about the team mate!! 

Probus 4 - 1 Wendron 4ths 

Last night we welcomed Wendron to St George’s in our second league game of the season. After an encouraging and dominant first game of the season we knew this would be a more difficult proposition.

With 6 players out from the weekends win we still had a squad of fifteen. Steven way making his first start, well actually no one has seen him at training so first appearance anywhere for a while and two new faces on the bench we had to change our system to accommodate.

The first 20/25 mins were sloppy from us and we went 1-0 behind with a good header from the Wendron striker. Wayers then decided he needed a 10 minute water break or as the ref seen it a yellow and a sin bin so left the field of play. 

We gradually got ourselves back in the game and after a dubious offside equalised through Jack Truscott. Dan Vincent was running the show on the right hand side and gave there full back a torrid time and picked up about 10 fouls in the first half. Wayers was also finally getting his head around the fact he was playing football and not in an argument. We then made it 2-1 thanks to Joe Emmett with a cool finish. 2-1 at halftime.

The second half started slowly but again we grew into the game and made it 3-1 thanks to Bullen who worked hard all night. 

Jack Truscott then had to come off so we gave a debut to Gabi who impressed when he came on. Maybe should of scored.

As the game grew on we finally killed it off with a good header from Joe Emmett to make it 4-1. The game fizzled out towards the end.

Man of the match was Dan Vincent who was quality throughout and it pains me to say it 😆 but credit to everyone as the change of system along with absentees did disrupt us abit but the squad came together and got the points we deserved.

Thanks to Quinny for running the line and Graham for sorting the pitch.

Next game is at home on Sat against Holmans with a 3pm kick off.