Perranporth. 10 V 1.  Troon res

Storm.   3 V. 4 St Just res 

All 3 pm kick off 

Well done for getting results on sharpish Dave!!!   👏🏼👍

DIV 2 WEST

PERRANWELL RES   (0)  1           Ben Edwards 59’

REDRUTH UTD RES  (2)  3          James Petty 24(p) 38(p)   Cole Adams 84’

ATT   22

Hot day for the players 23c and sunny, Utd ran out deserved winners against a depleted Well line up with 1st team call ups and unavailability, Steve the manager even asked me if I had my boots!! 😳🤔️  I’m 56 and crippled!! Not many chances for either team with both defences and both keepers handling solid. The visitors scored all 3 goals from set pieces with the hosts only creating two real chances from open play in the match and taking one of them. The experienced James Petty took both his pens well going to the keepers left with good strikes in the 24th and 38th minutes, in between Perran had a great chance to equalise when good play from Elliott Swift and Ben Rapsey saw them set up the lively Sam Lawrence to volley over from 10 yards. 

Perranwell got back into the game on the hour mark when a ball over the top was latched onto by Ben Edwards and he did well to shoot across the keeper. This led to the hosts best spell but Kiefer Hook was getting his head to everything at the back for Redruth and the last hope of an equaliser went out the window when the hosts received a yellow card and sin bin 🗑 in the 79th minute virtually finishing the match with 10 men where Redruth finished strongly when big centre half Cole Adams thundered home a header from a pin point corner in the 83rd minute for the clincher and Zach Heard unluckily crashed a 25 yarder off the post in the last minute. Well reffed by Rikki Smith, who got both penalties right I think, first a stonewall clip on the ankles the second a bit softer nudge in the back but a foul anywhere else on the pitch probably so I think a pen was the right decision. Good to see ex players and current ones taking up the whistle, Rikki did a good job 👏🏼 

Nice to see current official Dave Rowe running the line for Utd on his day off and Redruth Utd legend Neal Jeffree back on the touch line coaching his son Nathan in midfield for the visitors. Not a game that will live in the memory I don’t think but a fair result with both teams working hard in the heat deserving credit 👏🏼👍

Apologies to the Chowns - I didn't make the Goonhavern game, obviously I missed a cracker even if the result wasn't what I'd have liked - and won't be able to attend for another three weeks at least. I can't drive at the moment as I had a slight stroke last weekend. Will keep looking at results, though, so come on the Reds!

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Apologies to the Chowns - I didn't make the Goonhavern game, obviously I missed a cracker even if the result wasn't what I'd have liked - and won't be able to attend for another three weeks at least. I can't drive at the moment as I had a slight stroke last weekend. Will keep looking at results, though, so come on the Reds!

Take care of yourself Tom

On 20/08/2023 at 20:48, Tom Trust said:

Missing you Tom, if you need anything we are here for you 👍

Yesterday saw our opening game of the season against St Erme.

We came out 12-0 winners with a very good performance.

We started the first half a little Slowly but gradually got to grips with things and apparently the very grippy new ball according to Bullen and Danny.V

By half time we were 6-0 up.

5 changes were made at half time but this didn’t stop our attacking football as we scored another 6.

Goal scorers were:

Bullen x4

James holmes x3 

Danny.V

Jack.T

Joe.E

Justin.T

Connor.R

Many thanks to St Erme who never gave up and good

Luck for the rest of the season.

Also thanks to Suzi Trebilcock for the homemade chilli which was fantastic.

We have our second home league game this Wednesday at 6:30 against wendron.