Cornwall Football Forum

How will Truro do in the NLS?

Just curious as to how City followers think they will do this coming season? What would forum members see as a good season for Cornwall's leading side?

Mid-table I think would be more than acceptable with every game being an away game - although form at Bolitho last season was excellen.

A talented squad for sure! Do wonder if playing all lower ranked teams in PSFs was a good move tho'

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Just curious as to how City followers think they will do this coming season? What would forum members see as a good season for Cornwall's leading side?

Mid-table I think would be more than acceptable with every game being an away game - although form at Bolitho last season was excellen.

A talented squad for sure! Do wonder if playing all lower ranked teams in PSFs was a good move tho'

Thinking that the use of Bolitho Park must be limited in pre season, as Parkway only have 2 out of their 6 PSF's scheduled to be played there. Guessing that work on the pitch must still be ongoing. Envious glances must have been cast at the likes of Parkway, Liskeard, Mousehole and Tavistock by City for them being able to host money spinning matches and test themselves against higher ranked opposition. The lack of a home ground has really hurt them in that respect. 

Planning to catch Truro in NLS on several occasions this coming season (starting with Braintree away on August 12th), so I'm looking forward to seeing how they fare. Some what I would call "proper non league clubs " (as long as a couple relatively recent Football League outfits) in the NLS , so it will be a definite leap in quality. Be interesting to see if their fans will travel in numbers down to Bolitho as well.  The squad looks a little light in terms of numbers, but notice that they are still looking at trialists and would think that Paul Wotton will again use the loan market to bolster them. My initial feeling is that mid table will be a big achievement for City (Taunton Town, champs of the Southern Prem South in 2021/22 took time to settle in and ended up finishing 14th last time around).The main objective will probably be to ensure they are a step 2 club for the  2024/25 season in, hopefully, their new home.

I predict that City will surprise a few people and finish in the top half. They appeared decent when I saw them frequently throughout preseason; I realise the opposition is all of inferior calibre, but you have to win what is in front of you, and they have done so easily.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Thinking that the use of Bolitho Park must be limited in pre season, as Parkway only have 2 out of their 6 PSF's scheduled to be played there. Guessing that work on the pitch must still be ongoing. Envious glances must have been cast at the likes of Parkway, Liskeard, Mousehole and Tavistock by City for them being able to host money spinning matches and test themselves against higher ranked opposition. The lack of a home ground has really hurt them in that respect. 

Planning to catch Truro in NLS on several occasions this coming season (starting with Braintree away on August 12th), so I'm looking forward to seeing how they fare. Some what I would call "proper non league clubs " (as long as a couple relatively recent Football League outfits) in the NLS , so it will be a definite leap in quality. Be interesting to see if their fans will travel in numbers down to Bolitho as well.  The squad looks a little light in terms of numbers, but notice that they are still looking at trialists and would think that Paul Wotton will again use the loan market to bolster them. My initial feeling is that mid table will be a big achievement for City (Taunton Town, champs of the Southern Prem South in 2021/22 took time to settle in and ended up finishing 14th last time around).The main objective will probably be to ensure they are a step 2 club for the  2024/25 season in, hopefully, their new home.

Agree, survival the absolute must for the final season at Bolitho. Change of personal circumstances mean will be watching City more than anyone else his coming season. Some good clubs in NLS. Looking forward to the season. Curiously, the landlord’’s squad looking a little light too!

Having watched every side in NLS over the last two seasons, mid-table obscurity would represent a big success for Truro this season.

There are some good sides, and some impressive business being done over the summer. Even the likes of Slough for example - who many would expect to be at the bottom end of the table - have picked up some of the best performers from Southern League last season, such as Dan Bayliss, Gary Abisogun, Mickel Platt and Nathan Minhas.

The biggest difference that I've noticed between Step Two/Three is the quality of defences and how teams are set up. We have full time teams in this league, pretty much every club has an analyst on board. I wouldn't expect Harvey and Neal to have quite the same level of freedom as they did last season.

Realistically, I think Truro will have to look at anything from 20th upwards as success.

Paul Wottons been busy.... Sam Sanders, defender, now signed on loan from York City. 

I didn't want to make a comment when this thread started because I couldn't see anything too positive to say mainly because of the strength of the other teams in the league but I am starting to change my mind and am feeling more optimistic. Could be a very interesting season. I will be at Bolitho for the 1st league match to see how things are shaping up.

2 hours ago, Craze said:

Ryan Law just a left back, or can he play further up the pitch as well?

Feel like we could do with a bit more quality in the middle of the park to sit alongside Sully.

Scored a screamer against Birmingham in the FA cup last season at St.Andrews for the only goal of the game. Had the pleasure of watching it live

35 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Scored a screamer against Birmingham in the FA cup last season at St.Andrews for the only goal of the game. Had the pleasure of watching it live

One of the best goal celebrations I've been a part of that! What a goal.

I have been off for a while, following an injury in Turkey. I didn't make any comments as there were a few doom and gloom contributors who were hard at it, running TCFC down. But, as usual, the Club has made some good signings and beginning to put together the usual competitive team, which will speak for itself.  This is the last season at Plymouth, so the supporters should be making plans on whether to give the team a memorable farewell season and perhaps catch a game or two at Bolitho.

13 minutes ago, Ozman said:

I have been off for a while, following an injury in Turkey. I didn't make any comments as there were a few doom and gloom contributors who were hard at it, running TCFC down. But, as usual, the Club has made some good signings and beginning to put together the usual competitive team, which will speak for itself.  This is the last season at Plymouth, so the supporters should be making plans on whether to give the team a memorable farewell season and perhaps catch a game or two at Bolitho.

Farewell season? You make it sound it sound like they're folding after this campaign.😁

5 hours ago, BigG said:

Paul Wottons been busy.... Sam Sanders, defender, now signed on loan from York City. 

I didn't want to make a comment when this thread started because I couldn't see anything too positive to say mainly because of the strength of the other teams in the league but I am starting to change my mind and am feeling more optimistic. Could be a very interesting season. I will be at Bolitho for the 1st league match to see how things are shaping up.

Paul Wotton does tend to make decent loan signings. The benefits of his networks in the pro game I guess.