Cornwall Football Forum

This years Vase representation

Curious really on which of our Peninsula teams will be entering the Fa Vase this season? Liskeard, Wendron, St Austell and Bodmin I would assume from the west and possibly bovey, crediton and ivybridge from the east? Would be fantastic if one of our teams could put together a successful Vase run like the famous 2014/15 St Austell cup semi final which ended in heartbreak losing on aggregate, I personally really enjoy the magic of the Vase as I’m sure many other fellow football enthusiasts do.

27 minutes ago, THEMAGPIE said:

Curious really on which of our Peninsula teams will be entering the Fa Vase this season? Liskeard, Wendron, St Austell and Bodmin I would assume from the west and possibly bovey, crediton and ivybridge from the east? Would be fantastic if one of our teams could put together a successful Vase run like the famous 2014/15 St Austell cup semi final which ended in heartbreak losing on aggregate, I personally really enjoy the magic of the Vase as I’m sure many other fellow football enthusiasts do.

The Vase is the best FA competition of the lot. Unlike the FA Cup and FA Trophy, it is the only one where all the best sides give it a damned good go from the start and don't view it as a bit of a distraction from championship and promotion matters. Feels special when you get to the rounds after New Year and start to play unknown teams from distant leagues.

Given a bit of luck and a friendly draw, surely it cannot be beyond the realms of possibility that a Cornish side can emulate Brixham's last 16 exploits from last season.