Cornwall Football Forum

RESULT FRIDAY 21 APRIL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gary Hocking changed the title to RESULT FRIDAY 21 APRIL

Good game, played in front of a great Poltair crowd of around 420! The girls did themselves proud, playing some entertaining football. Helston raced into a 2-0 lead within the first 9 minutes but Liskeard gradually got back into the game to draw level at the break. 

The 2nd half didn’t quite live up to the 1st, but a game that was in the balance until the end after Liskeard went ahead with the goal of the game at the start of the 2nd half with a great 30 yard strike. Well done girls for producing an enjoyable cup final and also to the 4 officials for a job well done, and the County FA for putting on a good evening. The Poltair pitch looking the best I’ve seen it for ages as well 👏🏼👍

9 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Good game, played in front of a great Poltair crowd of around 420! The girls did themselves proud, playing some entertaining football. Helston raced into a 2-0 lead within the first 9 minutes but Liskeard gradually got back into the game to draw level at the break. 

The 2nd half didn’t quite live up to the 1st, but a game that was in the balance until the end after Liskeard went ahead with the goal of the game at the start of the 2nd half with a great 30 yard strike. Well done girls for producing an enjoyable cup final and also to the 4 officials for a job well done, and the County FA for putting on a good evening. The Poltair pitch looking the best I’ve seen it for ages as well 👏🏼👍

Good report mate , what a decent size crowd too, can’t believe how long the tea hut queue was. Great win for the ladies with goals from Chloe Williams, Gabi Alphous and Charlie Pettinger with a composed winner.

Haha, did a couple years for the now defunct Sunday Independent Keith, that was enough mate!! Trying to get 10, 100+ words Combo reports in by 8pm on a Saturday evening and then rush to work for a 12 hour night shift took its toll in the end!! I was always very nice to the Tinners though mate!!! 😁🤔 That’s why I don’t mind chucking a few lines down on here for anyone who’s interested and not able to get to the game. Hope you’re keeping well mate 👍

Cheers JC, thought your girls deserved it in the end after a nervy cup final start mate! Some quality goals as well from the girls, lovely flick on and finish for the Helston opener followed by a fine individual effort and a great finish from the lively 10 to get back into it, then a proper strikers poacher goal for the equaliser. The winner was worthy of winning any cup final I thought JC! Well impressed with the standard and the Helston number 5 long throw!!! Most blokes would struggle to beat that one I reckon! Lovely to see a bumper Friday night cornish football crowd as well mate 👍