Cornwall Football Forum

Most impressive teams throughout the Cornish leagues 22/23

Just a bit of fun so don’t get all defensive! As an avid follower of Cornish football I’m interested to see other people’s thoughts on the most impressive teams throughout the divisions this season, for what it’s worth here’s mine!!

Western League: Mousehole

S W Peninsula: Liskeard 

St Piran West: Truro City

Cornwall Combination: St Ives 

Trelawny Premier: Troon

Trelawny Div 1: New Inn Titans

Trelawny Div 2: Falmouth DC

Trelawny Div 3: Dropship

Trelawny Div 4: Helston Rds

in my opinion the best teams I’ve personally seen this season, looking forward to catching a few more games this season and to add to my pin badge collection!! 

On that does anyone know if St Ives and Chacewater have badges? I would be willing to collect if someone could point me in the right direction. 

I’ve only watched games in the SW Peninsula West. 
So with that in mind I’d have to go for Bude. 

Yes of course they are not the best team, it could also be said that they are not the most pleasing on the eye. But for a team who are newly promoted to have performed as well as they have is quite some achievement and should be applauded. The football is hard, fast and in your face, however I’d suggest that this is exactly how a team should be to get in amongst the more established outfits. 
Well done Bude. Although I suspect I might not have many in agreement 😉

Liskeard Athletic the best side to watch in SWPL West - St Blazey will win the title though.

Mousehole the easiest on the eye side in the WL *and* will deservedly win the title too!

17 hours ago, The Jam Tart said:

I’ve only watched games in the SW Peninsula West. 
So with that in mind I’d have to go for Bude. 

Yes of course they are not the best team, it could also be said that they are not the most pleasing on the eye. But for a team who are newly promoted to have performed as well as they have is quite some achievement and should be applauded. The football is hard, fast and in your face, however I’d suggest that this is exactly how a team should be to get in amongst the more established outfits. 
Well done Bude. Although I suspect I might not have many in agreement 😉

'It COULD be they are not the most pleasing on the eye'  you write ....... some understatement. If there was an SWPL award for 'shithousery' Bude would win it 😉

Its not too far from you, so recommend watching some football at Tavistock. Punching well above their weight in their  Southern League debut season.