Cornwall Football Forum

Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League Fixtures Saturday 18th March.

St Dennis Res 0 - 4 North Petherwin. 

We ( St Dennis) battled well, but ultimately north Petherwin are top for a reason and are a very solid outfit. We had a couple decent chances from myself near the end but the keeper got down low and made a good save at his near post. But the best side won and good luck to north petherwin for the rest of the season. 

St Dennis 0 north petherwin 4

Well played north petherwin fully deserved the win, didn't think the game was too bad tbh thought we defended ok just a couple tweaks here n there and we cut out the silly mistakes like switching off etc and the goals against us will become less and less I also think it would help if a couple of my players would stay in on a Friday night as well 🤣🤣 we missed eliah in our midfield today as he was in goal due to our normal keeper serving the first of his 3 game ban and he very well considering he's not a goalie,had a couple more new lads in as well so the numbers for our squad should see us good for the rest of the season after our little wobble a month ago,north petherwin captain easily man of the match no matter how many times we play against him he's always always scoring or creating the goals was also impressed by the couple younger smaller lads one was upfront and the other was right and left wing. Can see why north petherwin r up the top of the table with how they play as team best of luck to them for the remainder of the season.

52 minutes ago, davegrose said:

Well played north petherwin fully deserved the win, didn't think the game was too bad tbh thought we defended ok just a couple tweaks here n there and we cut out the silly mistakes like switching off etc and the goals against us will become less and less I also think it would help if a couple of my players would stay in on a Friday night as well 🤣🤣 we missed eliah in our midfield today as he was in goal due to our normal keeper serving the first of his 3 game ban and he very well considering he's not a goalie,had a couple more new lads in as well so the numbers for our squad should see us good for the rest of the season after our little wobble a month ago,north petherwin captain easily man of the match no matter how many times we play against him he's always always scoring or creating the goals was also impressed by the couple younger smaller lads one was upfront and the other was right and left wing. Can see why north petherwin r up the top of the table with how they play as team best of luck to them for the remainder of the season.

Was their captain Joe Reeve? Quality player. Could player a league or two higher imo. Been at North Peth for years! 

Apologies I’m away so no match report as such.

St Teath 2-3 Looe Town

Line up - Ryan Cooke, Kieran Hemming, JJ Puckey, Rich Faircloth, Billy Chamberlain, Matt Steed, Jack Woollett, Teddy Haffenden, Phil Kombostiotis, Archie Sweeney, Matt Elphick 

subs - Sol Phillips, Oliver Finnamore, Aubrey Boxall 

St Teath scored first around the 25th minute and held it at 1-0 for the first half. 
looe scored on the 47th minute from captain, Jack Woollett. He was assisted by Phil Kos.

on the 66th minute a penalty was awarded to St Teath and they then went 2-1 ahead. A few changes were made and on the 76th minute, JJ Puckey was assisted by Billy Chamberlain to equalise 2-2. Shortly after, Aubrey Boxall was assisted by Sol Phillips to end the game at 3-2 to Looe.

I can’t say anything about the play as I was away but our goalie (Ryan Cooke) was awarded MOM by his own squad. I can only assume he kept Looe in the game? 

the lads mentioned that St Teath were great hosts and best food so far. Good luck to them with the rest of the season, they always give us a good game. 👍

5 wins in a row and still building. 🦈🖤💛

12 hours ago, davegrose said:

Thanks dave, you boys 100% kept going and i hope you continue to get the numbers to see the season through. If you could also take some points of foxhole it would be appreciated :)

IMO, pitch wasn't in great condition, any rain during the game and may have been called, dave did a good job in pre warning us.  We missed a host of chances not sure if it was down to the conditions but should have been 2 up in the first 10mins. 

Deadlock was broken when St dennis CB superbly slotted it home past his own keeper, i just wished our strikers were that calm. We doubled our lead when Jack Digby got on the end of a Stott corner.  Again we missed another 3 or 4 golden chances and went into the break 2-0 up.

Second half was much of same, difficult conditions and missed chances. Special mention to Eliah for making a couple good saves one tipping on to the bar. We added two more goals, the 3rd came from skipper & MOTM Joe Reeve who coolly placed a right footed shot into the corner from the edge of the area and the 4th from Lewis Haxell with a right footed drive across goal from about 16 yards.