Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Result - Monday 26th December 2022

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Result - Monday 26th December 2022
On 25/12/2022 at 01:37, Keith B said:

The last Christmas derby game between Pendeen and St Just I saw, must have been 2011/12 - just before we left St Just. Always a cracker of a match in those days and the Tinners had a cracker of a team at that time too.

The final score eludes me, but I seem to think it was a score draw up to the last five minutes or so and then the Tinners got the winner. Perhaps Rodney may remember, I think we stood watching together. Always a hard fought match and with a pint or two in the Commercial in St Just afterwards.

I am afraid we lost that one by the same score as we won today"s game. People passing the Burj Khalifa in Dubai just now needed an explanation of why I was shouting my head off in public and my family, not fit the first time, are deeply embarrassed. TINNERS ! How great if the winners of the last Combo League turned out to be the team that first won it in the year of my birth. Can somebody from one of the club's provide a match report, please ?