Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 22/03/08

Guest Pearly Spencer

Guest helstons14

Yes Cat indeed I had a number change, still hasn't brought me more luck in front of goal. We were just about the better side but St Day were really solid at the back stopping us creating clear cut chances and overall the wind did ruin the game.

Guest Dave Sobey

DIVISION ONE

HOLMANS 0 CHACEWATER 4

MOUSEHOLE 3 STAGNES 1

PENRYN 1 LIZARD 2

ST DAY 0 HELSTON 0

ST KEVERNE 3 FALMOUTH TOWN 1

STITHIANS 1 FALMOUTH ATH 1

WENDRON 2 HAYLE 0

DIVISION TWO

CONSTANTINE 1 MARAZION 1

HAYLE V MAWGAN OFF

FROGPOOL 2 CARHARRACK 2

PENDEEN 1 TRURO CITY 1

PERRANWELL 11 WENDRON 0

ROSUDGEON 0 MAWNAN 0

TRISPEN 3 PERRANPORTH 2

DIVISION THREE

FALMOUTH ATH 8 STITHIANS 0

HELSTON 3 RUAN MINOR 0

MULLION 6 ROSUDGEON 0

PORTHLEVEN RANG 3 LANNER 1

LOCKHART CUP

MAWNAN 3 FALMOUTH ALB 3 AET

WHEATLY COBB CUP

CAMBORNE PARK 2 PENRYN 0

Fal - Helst Div 3: Falmouth Athletic 8 Stithians 0

Blimey what a windy day! Definitely made it hard to get the ball under control.

With the wind Athletic were 6 up at half time against a depleted and youthful Stithians team.

James Eddy had the first before Ben Mitchell had a brace.

Brian Burton finished a scramble in the box and M. Cudlipp had two. As usual should of had more!

Against the wind Athletic struggled at times to play flowing football and Stithians nearly had a few.

Cudlipp scored again before Ronnie Tregus got the goal he deserved a minute from time.

And nice to see Chris Gardener back in action for Athletic.

Top marks to ref Tim Burley (I think) who had a good game.

Pendeen 1 Truro City 1

As you may imagine,the weather at Pendeen in the far west of the county was a strong,bitterly cold swirling wind and some sleetshowers which made it difficult for good football.

Pendeen took an 18th minute lead when Andy Trathen,playing for his home village,showed good close control on the edge of the box,turned and struck a well placed shot into the far corner of the net.Truro,who played with the wind in the first half,equalised when what appeared to be a high cross was whipped by the wind high over the keeper's head on the half hour.

Trathen went close on a couple of occasions in the second half as play swung from end to end and Pendeen's keeper also made a couple of good saves low down but a draw was probably a fair reflection on the game and two strong defences.

Thanks for the after match refreshments at The Radjel and well done both teams.

maybe the thirteen u had on today was unlucky for you HELSTONS 14

u were about as good as me in front of goal today although you did P**S me with the hook around the corner trick. think i went round the outside of you once, not bad considering there is a lot of me to get that far!!

Guest helstons14

maybe the thirteen u had on today was unlucky for you HELSTONS 14

u were about as good as me in front of goal today although you did P**S me with the hook around the corner trick. think i went round the outside of you once, not bad considering there is a lot of me to get that far!!

Cat I was speaking for the team on the whole in regards to finishing in front of goal, only had one shot all game, a free kick your keeper easily saved.

Guest helstons14

For a team only saved from relegation last year by the new leagues I think to be where we are now is quite an achievment regardless of where we finish.

helston are a good outfit now with a lot of young players who gained good experience in last seasons campaign

it wasnt really a great day for football on saturday with the wind and playing surface putting paid to that but both teams battled really hard! hopefully we will see some more encounters between the two sides next season although i wil try to lose a bit of weight if im to mark u again helstons 14

THE CAT

Guest helstons14

Thanks for the kind words Cat, didn't think I was going to be seeing you outfield!

Iamthebest, who said we were settling for second best? We feel that the side we have now is capable of beating anybody in this league, its just a shame we dropped points at the start of the season before we had our current squad. You can judge for yourself whether we have settled for second place when we play you soon.

Guest helstons14

Some people think before they speak!

Anyway, Iamthebest, how are Ben and Nathan doing, used to play youth football with them at Penryn and haven't seen them in ages.

doin well bud starting to get their sharpness bk cos they havent played 11 aside before this season for while. its just consistency with us one week awesome one week not so good you know how it is, you used to play for penryn did you ???? you got young side out there havent you ?

Guest helstons14

Yeah used to play for Penryn, we had some side, won just about every trophy under the sun over the years.

At Helston we have got a young side but over the last couple of months wev'e added a few more experienced players and now I think we got the right blend.

Guest helstons14

Thanks SF, and one final question, how come some evening games are being played on Wednesdays and some Tuesdays? FHL1 midweekers always used to be played on a Wednesday, maybe something to do with pitch availability? Pain in the ass because I now have to blag Tuesday nights off work!