Cornwall Football Forum

FA Trophy 3rd Round- Barnet v Parkway

Parkway travel to North West London to play Barnet in the FA Trophy on the 17th December. The Bees are currently 6th in the National League, so this would make this the highest ranked team that Parkway have played in competitive matches (not counting the Devon St Lukes Bowl, the pro clubs usually field their youth/reserves line ups).

The ' Bee HIve' not the easiest ground to find in the sprawling metropolis of North London.

The Cornwall Under 18's support bus missed the 1st half completely when the Duchy side made to the final of the FA County Cup Final back in 2019.

Mainly due the Coach Drivers loosing their way to the ground.

Would suggest the Coach timetable on the Saturday sets out from Plymouth in really good time to make a 3.00pm kick off.

The ground itself is very modern and compact, could have been designed by Leggo .🤭.

It was actually 2017 Dave!! I know time flies though mate!! I only remember it well because i scored the 2000th goal a couple weeks before and was asked to go on Soccer AM the very same day as the boys final!! So politely declined and said I could do it the following week but I think Tubes was a bit miffed that id turned down Soccer AM to watch my sons team in a National FA cup final!! 🤔🙄 Turns out he actually was a bit of a tube!! But yeah it was an absolute nightmare to get to wasn’t it!!! Think we had a diversion thrown in that day as well didn’t we!! 🥺