Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 19 November 2022

SOUTHERN LEAGUE

PREMIER SOUTH

Gosport Borough            2-3         Chesham United (att 718)

Hayes & Yeading Utd      1-2         Hartley Wintney (191)

North Leigh                      0-2         Hendon (116)

Salisbury                           0-0         Yate Town (478)

Tiverton Town                 2-2         Merthyr Town (266)

Truro City                          3-0         Winchester City (227)

Weston-super-Mare      2-0         Poole Town (871)

After 3 encounters this season, Parkway finally get the better of Oxford City.

Into the next round of the Trophy, winning 4-2 on penalties after coming from behind to level 1-1 in the 90 minutes.

The big boys of the National League now go into the hat for Monday's draw. Hoping for either a famous club (and big support) at Boiltho, or a tie in the London area.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 19 November 2022

Match Report - Truro City 3 Winchester City 0

Good all-round performance from the White Tigers! Well done to them on the fiver admission on the day too, which delivered a gate of 227 - a good deal bigger than usual.

Once the first goal went in it was comfortable for Truro. A fantastic long range free kick from Tyler Harvey was clawed away by the visiting goalkeeper only for Rocky Neal to head home the loose ball on 28 minutes. Almost straight after the restart it was two - a lovely glancing header from Rocky again. By the hour mark Dan Sullivan had tapped in for the third. The defence looked immense all afternoon and limited Winchester to little in front of goal, bar one mazy run in the first half that the visitors' forward shot straight at Hammon. Efficient rather than spectacular, with difficult away games at Poole and Chesham this week. Two pivotal games. If Truro are still unbeaten after these games then I think a title challenge is very realistic. Good luck City!

Am in Plymouth for a week and took in the Truro game.  I really enjoyed the game, two good sides playing good football in a good spirit, excellent fitness levels and a fair amount of skill on display. Main difference, Truro took three chances, Winchester created little in the way of chances but played their part in an entertaining game.

If my team are not playing, I will always find a game somewhere to go to, but despite the above average attendance clearly the people of Plymouth are not that bothered about getting their football fix. £5 entry, a team flying in the league and playing good football, and still very few locals are interested. This is not a criticism, just an observation.

21 hours ago, djs said:

Am in Plymouth for a week and took in the Truro game.  I really enjoyed the game, two good sides playing good football in a good spirit, excellent fitness levels and a fair amount of skill on display. Main difference, Truro took three chances, Winchester created little in the way of chances but played their part in an entertaining game.

If my team are not playing, I will always find a game somewhere to go to, but despite the above average attendance clearly the people of Plymouth are not that bothered about getting their football fix. £5 entry, a team flying in the league and playing good football, and still very few locals are interested. This is not a criticism, just an observation.

And also considering that Argyle were away, and the major Plymouth Argyle connection within Truro City (Greens legend Paul Wotton as manager), it was a pretty poor turnout. Hopefully this season is the last for this forced marriage.