Cornwall Football Forum

AFC Liverpool

Pablo

Thought this might be of interest to some. Liverpool musician Alun Parry began this just over two weeks ago. AFC L already has hundreds of members, including myself. You can buy a share in this new club for as little as £10. The club has been formed to counter the horriffic prices being charged by premiership clubs. I think more clubs like this will come into being. FC United of Manchester started the ball rolling a couple of years ago.

http://www.parrysongs.co.uk/afcliverpool/index.html

Just think its more bollocks by extremist fans who actually think they can get this off the ground. Bit like that Rogan chap who was hoping to get £5000 off 100,000 fans. Its putting the club in the papers for the wrong reasons. Liverpool Football Club is a unique club in so many ways, and one of those is for the way its always conducted itself off the pitch. Any in house problems were kept as that 'in house' the amount of shite I've heard all this season with american chairmen, takeovers, forming a new club, its never ever been like that before.

Years ago Liverpool fans were laughing at Utd for doing the same thing, and now some fans want to do what they've done!! its a joke.

What utter crap!! The only AFC club i can believe in is AFC wimbledon because they had their club wiped away!! The support they have for non league is superb. This F.C united is a complete joke. There are plenty of non league clubs crying out for support in that area and now they all pile along to a football league ground to watch non league football. Get out and support your local club and stop making new ones!! Up the Blazey!! :blink:

Well okay but I don't think you get the point. Let me ask this: when did either of you last go to a premiership match. What did it cost you, could you afford it? There are youngsters in Liverpool who can't afford to watch their home-town club. What do you suggest they do? Don't sit there in your smugness and slag it off unless you know what it's about.

No disrespect BUT "who cares". many of us down here get to go up to watch our supported clubs as often as possible, whether that's by way of spending £60 for a train ticket or getting a few of us to bung in £20 each for fuel and a car share. Add the price of the ticket, food, drinks etc and there is not much change out of £200 if we really want to enjoy it. Now if we can afford or manage to find a way to do that whilst being in the lowest earning pay bracket in the country, why do you expect us to give a damn about kids in Liverpool who don't get to watch their home town club?.

For gods sake man, there are people down here that have never even been over the Tamar Bridge, should we start up a team called AFC Border Crossing or something?.

nick a ticket just like they do everything else!!!! sell alloy wheels, car stereos etc.. easy money!!!!!

I did think about saying something along the lines of "why don't they just sell the wheel rims stashed in the shed" but didn't want to run the risk of being tagged with the "prejudice and ignorant" label. :rolleyes:

Stupid or what? It ain't a bloody charity! For christ's sake, I posted it in case anyone is interested. You ain't interested, so why the hell are you responding, you dopey sods? Stop your bleating and give up the fake bravado.

This is a football forum, a non league football forum. I posted a non league football news item. Oh and by the way; I doubt either of you have been over the bridge.

And you tar every Liverpool kid with the same brush, yeah?

Listen, there are young kids whose parents can't afford to take them to a big game. Those parents and their kids now have an opportunity to be a part of a club who won't rip them off, won't price them out of the market. It's a club that can't be owned by a Yank or an Arab.

Just take a minute to think about it. Do you live in a deprived area? These kids do. Why do you think they turn to crime? They can't do anything else. If AFC Liverpool can save some of these kids, they would have done everyone a favour.

Now my brave lad, would you make such comments as you have if faced by some of these kids? I don't think so. Like I said; cut the bravado and stop and think.

Like I said; if you ain't interested, sod off and stop your false whinging.

Pablo? did I see you in Milan? Marseille? Besiktas? Barcelona? Bordeaux? Chelsea? will I see you at Arsenal home or away in the Champs League?

don't come here and say we don't go the games, I've no idea if you're in Cornwall or anything like that, but if you're not, then find out what its like down here first!!

I'm fully aware of what goes on with Liverpool Football Club and all the crap that this AFC stuff is as well. If people want to do it, then fine, get on with it but the real brunt of it is nothing to do with kids on the streets and things, its about the Americans at Anfield!

Liverpool FC are one of the cheapest clubs in the premiership for tickets, and seeing as though you know so much about it, I'm sure you can tell me the cost of them, and also the cost of the FA cup and Carling Cup games this year at Anfield

Guest artificiosus

what is the average price of a primer league match.

the only football i realy watch is local grass roots so i dont get to go hundreds of miles in my car.

i can see what your saying pablo there trying to bring the fans togeather to help bring down the prices.

the price in anything coming down sounds good to me.

Nope, I was in none of those places St Darren, never in my life. Why? Because I'm a West Ham United fan and have been for forty years. Explain that away, my friend.

Let's bring this down out of shortsidedeness. The kids in Liverpool are not as lucky as the kids in Cornwall. There is little else for them to do. They get into trouble because they have nowhere to go. They live in virtual slums, my friend. They don't see green fields and sandy beaches. Open your eyes, St Darren. You're a smug git and you have no idea what goes on out there. You don't want to know. You're happy making inane jokes about people you have no idea about. I was going to say you're a self satisfied ***** but thought better about it.

'St Darren'-pretentious or what- you're a lucky man. You live in Cornwall but it's no excuse for your pathetic attitude towards the kids of Liverpool. Remember just how many Liverpool kids who have been lucky enough to get the chance to improve themselves.

AFC Liverpool has been born to help the kids of Liverpool and further afield, not to help itself or a fly-by-night entrepreneur.

Artyficious, you have hit the nail precisely on the head. These guys, misguided, have not checked this out at all. They are in their own little self-satisfied way. AFC Liverpool is attempting to allow Joe Bloggs and his kids to be a part of a real club. Liverpool and Man Utd and all the premier clubs have outpriced them. It won't be long before other AFC's spring up. wait and see what happens at Truro. They'll get promoted to the Southern League but it's the fans who will pay for it.

Pablo, I don't know you, and you don't know me, so you can take back the personal insults!

Like I said, the AFC Liverpool is all about a new club because the fans don't agree with the Americans. I've been Liverpool enough times in my life to realise what it is like up there. I'm fully aware of the costing of Premier League games and how it prices out the average working man, where in Liverpool there are many. A lot of the locals up there don't like the OOT support Liverpool have becuase they take the tickets away from the locals.

"You're happy making inane jokes about people you have no idea about" if you can find where I've said anythign about that then please enlighten me.

Liverpool FC do their best to keep prices down, £32 for a seat in the Kop, this compared to London clubs charging minimum of £46 (Arsenal and Chelsea) (concessions aside).

All of football is pricing the working man from going, £24 at Argyle, as a family its over £100 for a day out.

If Liverpool or Man Utd go to Blackburn Rovers, they get prices put up just for those teams, is that fair?? I'm sure this happens elsewhere as well.

Also with regards to this, why start a club, same colours, same songs and all that lot? they talk about it replacing the expensive football as such, since when is watching Grass Roots football goign to be the same as watching players like Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano? its not is it?

If they're going to do it, then go ahead and do it, I've no problem with it, but for me its not the same as the real Liverpool.

And I still go along with the fact that its the American problems that have started it all off, this could have been done years ago when ticket prices went up!!

Okay, St Darren, haven't you just backed up what I am saying?

The Yanks are there. They are there to make money, they don't give a monkey's about the fans. Have you got it now, dopey? I'll stop insulting you when you become fully concious. Until then; don't ask for the impossible.

Maybe you would like me to ask Mr Parry to come and put you straight? Somehow I don't think he would waste his time on a biased insignificant as you.

By the way, you missed a large part of my previous post, I suspect it was intentional. I am not a Liverpool supporter. I am a supporter of fair play to the fans.

Now before you respond; I suggest you do some research.

http://www.parrysongs.co.uk/afcLiverpool/aboutus.html

You're a patronising ****!!

They could have set this club up years ago when the ticket prices were out of control! why now? in my opinion its because the yanks are there. We all know that ticket prices are high, at all levels of football, what happens if AFC Liverpool get to the Championship or something like that, and ticket prices there are at £30 a ticket???

Its nothing to do with me being biased, I'm a Liverpool fan. I can't stand the yanks being there, they're there for the money, but they never set the ticket prices.

If AFC Liverpool gets off the ground, which no doubt it will, its the same thing as FC United of Manchester. They should go on their own, not take on the Liverpool FC way of things, colours, songs and things like that, I couldn't imagine going to watch AFC and singing "Fields of Anfield Road" and songs like that.

Best of luck as I say, but its not for me

"Its nothing to do with me being biased, I'm a Liverpool fan. I can't stand the yanks being there, they're there for the money, but they never set the ticket prices."

makes sense, to someone i suppose.

"patronising ****?" Ha ha ha.

St Darren, oh never mind, I can't be bothered.

I posted the original post to give people the chance to see why AFC Liverpool is doing what it is doing. It was nothing personal as I have explained more than once. This is a non league forum. I posted a non league forum item. St Darren, Liverpool FC doesn't need nor want you, got it?

Right on fella!!!

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine,

but without knowing me, don't come out with all the other crap that you have done

If you wish to read more views that are for it and against it, then go onto the RAWK forum for Liverpool fans and there's a fair bit on there, and lots of quotes from Alun Evans himself

Who the hell is Alun Evans???

Darren, I suggested you do some research. Now is the time. Let's put this to bed. Darren you read up on what Alun PARRY is trying to do, then you come back and tell me I'm out of order. Then, and not before, I will back off, how's that?

Best regards, Pablo

Guest postman pat

whats all this rubbish about underprevilaged liverpool children.do you think all the children in cornwall live with millionaire families or whot :SM_carton_y: there is so mush regeneration going in on in cornwall we are in danger of losing sight of a whole generation.at least they live near a football ground,get to see players in the local community etc.whens the last time we saw a current premiership player in cornwall.whens the last time a premiership player coached at a kids club.underprevilaged my arse they get more previlages than cornish children anyday.the only previlage that cornish children have over their liverpool counterparts are they dont live in a sh**hole :c:

whats all this rubbish about underprevilaged liverpool children.do you think all the children in cornwall live with millionaire families or whot :SM_carton_y: there is so mush regeneration going in on in cornwall we are in danger of losing sight of a whole generation.at least they live near a football ground,get to see players in the local community etc.whens the last time we saw a current premiership player in cornwall.whens the last time a premiership player coached at a kids club.underprevilaged my arse they get more previlages than cornish children anyday.the only previlage that cornish children have over their liverpool counterparts are they dont live in a sh**hole :c:

postman pat your totally corredt pablo seems to think cornwall is a paradise of somethingclearly never been to the alverton estates where im working at the moment!!!has been rated the 5th worst estate in the country!!!and yes pabl;o i can asure you that many of us have been over the boarder

and another thing read this topic correctly its a non-cornish section not a non-league section!!!!as you put in an earlier post!!

Guest Luffy

Pablo can't understand why you are getting so heated. There are many deprieved areas in the Uk in fact nearly all inner cities have a deprieved area. Cornwall is a deprieved County especially as we earn nearly £10,000 under the national wage on average.

The reasons these kids get into trouble is because they lack discipline from within the family set up, it is the way society is at present.

I have been to see Chelsea twice in 6 years reason is I just cannot afford go and watch them with the boy it costs between £200 and £300. Therefore £32 to go and watch Liverpool play if you are in the city and a fan is not a bad price.

This is unfortuantely the price of success, if you want it u have to pay for it, nothing is free in this world.

Most non league clubs charge between £8 -£15, I used to go and watch Kettering Town play for 75p.

It sounds to me you have sour grapes at the way Liverpool is being run, and St D [who is a devoted Liverpool fan] is right it what he says [and I do not often agree with Daz].

Guest artificiosus

liverpool the city of culture . yes?

liverpool has its deprieved areas just like london and all the other big citys.

its only small parts of each city that has big problems.

but you cant compare cornwall to a deprived inner city.

look what we got here.

i think to watch 90 minutes of a football match the prices are expensive and for a day out to watch you team there other costs to go with it transport refreashments etc.

but all the top teams are at compacity every week.

if prices dropped (which would be good) wouldnt it be harder to get tickets.

Okay St Darren, I apologise for not replying before. I thought it best to let this cool down but I have a point or two to make now. Firstly; there is no way Liverpool can be compared to any tiny piece of the Duchy. It just cannot be done. It isn't just the area that is deprived, it is the kids. Yes I totally agree with you; the parents should shoulder the blame but it doesn't change anything.

Secondly, and I think I mentioned this before; I am not a Liverpool fan. I support West Ham. Okay, okay, I know. But someone has to do it.

Thirdly, It is not Alun Evans, it is a local musician, Alun Parry. Alun is and still will be a Liverpool FC supporter. Alun is just attempting to allow those that can't afford to watch Liverpool FC, watch a team from Liverpool. There is something in Liverpool that isn't in every other major city. The football fan there is different. The Liverpool fan is dedicated. A Liverpool fan would never consider changing his or her allegiance. That's why AFC Liverpool is coming into existence. It's all about affordability.

The Cornish kids, any Corish kid is privaleged. He or she lives in the Duchy. There is no other place quite like it, as well you know.

Okay, I've said my piece.

Happy easter St D, Pablo.

pablo if your that worried about the kids in liverpool then why dont you set up a charity for them and not for another football club. because i couldnt give a stuff about the kids up there and how hard up they are. if there that hard up then they should get out and get a job like most of us do down here. you want money in life get out an earn it. least that way they could afford to watch the flaming scouser's play. st darren i agree with what you said. hows the training going by the way.

Okay Mr TMS 09, or whateveryou are, you bring up Alverton Estate. Let me tell you something. If Alveton estate is a s******e, it's because of the people who lve there, just like Liverpool, right?

Now let me let you into a secret and after that I will let the gobby Mr Postie Pidge into another. Me? I lived in Treneare Estate. So don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I do. I've got the f*****g T-shirt.

Now Mr Pig, I'm a postman. I think we are done now.

Guest crosser

on a serious note if the liverpool fans who are behind this crock of shit want to watch non league football why don't they just go and watch one of the existing non-league clubs rather than form a new side.

Somebody else has already said it but the only supporters who had their clubs taken away was wimbledon, FC united or AFC Liverpool will just become jokes and smacks of supporters throwing their toys out of their pram. If you are that hacked off with a club you are supposed to support then just walk away don't form a pretend version.

Guest jumpersforgoalposts

Postman pat, have you ever been to a city? i lived in liverpool for the first 12 years of my life, where i played football for merseyside schools at anfield, goodison. i was very very lucky. I then moved to cornwall, where i was amazed at the amount of facilities and the standard of facilities they have down there. i lived in st. just...a so called deprived area! in a 2mile square they have a footie club, rugby club, cricket club( 4th best in the country i may add) table tennis club, weightlifting club, boxing club, karate club, surfing club! all with better than average facilities. I bet no other town in the country has that many clubs in such a small area!

Now i live back in liverpool, and i can tell you, its not the kids fault where they are born! if you seen the pitches the lads play on here, you wouldnt even walk your dog on it! Pele was born in a shanty town in brazil and kicked a sock around for fun. he never tunred out to be bad did he! Dont play that card! If you have the talent you will get spotted! that is no excuse!

As for the Alverton and Treneer estates...i can take you to places where these kinda places look like kings road! you honestly dont believe how lucky you lot are!

Guest truropaul

Pablo, when you say "The club has been formed to counter the horriffic prices being charged by premiership clubs". Having looked at the website, It seems that they are aiming at have a club full of Liverpool supporters. It is stated on the website that they still want people who join them to go to Anfield when they can. This is nothing to do with premiership pricing, it is saying if for what ever reason you cant get to Anfield or the first team away come and watch us at what will have to be the lowest level of non league football.

I have to ask the question, if you are so devoted to your club surely you start going to reserve gamesyouth games etc. There is NOTHING about benefiting the young people in deprived areas. In fact, it possibly detracts from all of the organisations that try and develop young peoples views of life rather than restricting them.

Guest jumpersforgoalposts

indeed paul, when my brother played for both Everton and Plymouth we went to watch all the games, mainly because they were free like but i did notice a distinct lack of support for the reserves and yoth setup. that happens through all types of sport. how any people who watch the truro first team make the trip to see they reserves. sad state of affairs

Okay Mr TMS 09, or whateveryou are, you bring up Alverton Estate. Let me tell you something. If Alveton estate is a s******e, it's because of the people who lve there, just like Liverpool, right?

Now let me let you into a secret and after that I will let the gobby Mr Postie Pidge into another. Me? I lived in Treneare Estate. So don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I do. I've got the f*****g T-shirt.

well done mate you want a medal or something?i dont care where your from or waht shirt you have but all i said is cornish people dont have angels flying out of there arsehole like you seemed to think in your earlier postings!!! B)

Guest Postie Pidge

NO WE ARE NOT DONE HERE! READ EVERY POSTING AND TELL ME WHICH ONE I HAVE POSTED - NONE! DON'T TAKE MY NAME IN VAIN AND ACCUSE ME OF SAYING SOMETHING I HAVEN'T. GET IT RIGHT! :angry2::SM_carton:

And isn't it Treneere?

NO WE ARE NOT DONE HERE! READ EVERY POSTING AND TELL ME WHICH ONE I HAVE POSTED - NONE! DON'T TAKE MY NAME IN VAIN AND ACCUSE ME OF SAYING SOMETHING I HAVEN'T. GET IT RIGHT!

And isn't it Treneere?

Well said Pidge buddy. Pablo, if you've lived on TRENEERE ESTATE you should know how to spell it shouldn't you?. OR are you as illiterate as you are insulting?. You're supposed to be a grown man, yet you seem hell bent on not being able to provide a response without insulting everybody that doesn't give a damn about the topic you placed on here.

People have a choice to agree or disagree with any statement or topic within this public forum, people have the freedom to voice their opinion in whatever way they feel necessary. If you take time to read many of the topics within this site, you will see that there are MANY disagreements BUT so few of the people involved in those disagreements feel the need to resort to a tirade of insults, unlike yourself.

The level of insulting you are carrying out is more associated with those kids you've so vehemently been defending. Grow up and open your mind because if you are the kind of person that those poor underpriviledged children in Liverpool have fighting their cause for the right to watch affordable football, is it any surprise that people have such predetermined opinions of them being foulmouthed little thugs?.

Guest Woodpecker

There will probably be alot more foulmouthed little thugs on the streets of liverpool today,after Mascherano's disgraceful behavior yesterday!Children look up to footballers and copy their behavior.Mascherano should be banned for life and sent back to Argentina.

Ah so you think I should spell better? So what if I spelled the name wrong? The point is; I did live at Treneer estate, it doesn't change a thing. My kids went to school at St Paul's and I drank my beer in the Liberal Club. The place was an arshole then, I have no idea what it is like now. yell all you like, I lived there in 1973 / 4. The night before I moved house to the estate it was on the news. Someone had stabbed someone but I went there anyway. You know something, I liked Treneer. Real people lived there then and from what I saw on TV a few weeks ago, real people still live there. I guess no-one on this thread lives there??

By the way, TMS, you don't spell too well either. Also, if you are just working at Alverton, it doesn't bloody count. Try living there.

Pidge, I sincerely apologise. I misread your post.

I love these forums. You can rip someone's head off and s**t down thier necks but it doesn't mean a thing. We all have one thing in common we are all passionate about soccer.

As I mentioned earlier, I used to drink at the Liberal Club and in the Yacht. On our way home; usually around three o'clock on a Sunday afternoon we used to join in a game of footy at the park. No idea what it was called but there were always a load of us playing there.

I love these forums. You can rip someone's head off and s**t down thier necks but it doesn't mean a thing. We all have one thing in common we are all passionate about soccer.

As I mentioned earlier, I used to drink at the Liberal Club and in the Yacht. On our way home; usually around three o'clock on a Sunday afternoon we used to join in a game of footy at the park. No idea what it was called but there were always a load of us playing there.

You mean, YOU can rip someones head off and s**t down their neck without the worry of reprisal. The level of insults you have dished out to pretty much everybody that has commented (or said they couldn't give a s**t) about AFC Liverpool, is simply unnecessary and shows an extreme lack of etiquette on your behalf.

In an earlier post you made on this topic, you spoke of me and Hutchspur and said "Oh and by the way; I doubt either of you have been over the bridge."..

Would you care to narrow down the options a little please because I've been across Clifton Suspension bridge, Tamar Bridge, London Bridge, Chelsea Bridge, The bloody great bridge that you have to go over en-route to Ipswich, infact I've been over bloody loads of them. Perhaps if you took time to look at the profile's of the people you are attempting to belittle with your petty insulting name calling, you would see that I moved down here from Seven Sisters, Tottenham, North London. I will guarantee to you that is a far worse area than anything Liverpool has to offer and it sure as hell rules out the theory you conjured up about "doubting if i've ever been across the bridge", don't you think??. :wacko:

You talk to me about ettiquette? Yeah right, when it suits you.

I'm guessing here but I suspect I lived in Cornwall longer than you have. I have lived in Falmouth, Penryn, Helston, Padstow, St Newlyn East, Liskeard, (three times) St Austell, Trispen, Penzance, (Treneer Estate as I have already stated) Bodmin, (twice) St Issey and Truro (twice). I played footy for Bodmin Town and various other smaller Cornish clubs. Yup, I reckon I'm entitled to comment, don't you?

So you went over some bridges and I lived at Treneer. We're quits, you were wrong and I was wrong.

Ettiquette: "I did think about saying something along the lines of "why don't they just sell the wheel rims stashed in the shed but didn't want to run the risk of being tagged with the "prejudice and ignorant" label."

As you say, it is easy to slag people off you're unlikely to meet in person.

Now can I suggest you stop cherry-picking my posts and reply to them in full or not at all, Coopsie?

One last time; I am not a red. I support what Alun Parry is doing because he is attempting to help people, kids mostly.

I've been living in Cornwall since 1985. The quote you put in from an earlier statement I made, CLEARLY states that DID THINK ABOUT using that analogy but did not wish to be regarded as "prejudice and ignorant". Therefore I "implied" that I was thinking to that affect but stopped short of actually saying it.

Now do you mind me asking whether you are a gypsy?. Looking at the amount of different places you have lived in Cornwall it would suggest that you travel around a fair amount (or get "moved on") and it would go someway towards explaining you being a West Ham supporter.

You're right to say it is easy to slag someone off that you are unlikely to see in person. However, I'm right in saying that I've slagged nobody off, I have merely pointed out your inability to deal with other peoples opinion without being able to restrain yourself from resorting to put downs and insults. I am likely to meet many people off this forum and ALWAYS do my best to ensure that I debate with decorum and do my utmost to ensure that I offend as few people as possible, or none at all. I certainly have not found myself needing to resort to childish name calling and ignorant unaccpetance of other peoples opinions.