Cornwall Football Forum

combo-semi final

Guest plonker

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston 4 - 0 Illogen

Dom Pullen making it 42 in the season with a HATRICK (knee, shin & toe!!) And Bryan Hawke.

First half both teams had their chances but Helston had more and only managed 2-0 at half time. Winno made a great save from a 30yarder heading for the far corner. But illogen mainly overplayed the ball.

Second half Helston overall had the majority of the play and illogen 'keeper made some great saves! Dom netted from a long throw, flicked on by Kayne. (who i may add set up all of dom's goals). Justin Miles rattled the bar with a free kick. Bryan hawke got the last goal after our counter attack and good work by his brother on the left. And winno some how got his fingers to a GEE shot and tipped it onto the post. Illogen threw everything they had forward in the last 12 minutes and it was all hands back defending. On another counter, Bryan Hawke had a great effort tipped onto the far post by the 'keeper. Overall i thought the better team won in a game with a strange atmosphere but played hard and fair. Ref Blew up too much and wouldn't let it flow but did well. Full Tme 4-0. Goodluck for the rest of the season, except when we play you twice!

Sure Gee will add to this also to give the Illogen view of the game. Now starting my drive back to portsmouth........

Roll on sunday :thumbsup:

Nothing to add really HP we were crap and got nothing out the game cause we didnt deserve anything we did everything we havent done all season which was defend badly and pass badly shadow of the side that you guys should have played. Felt we should have been far more positive in a semi and it wasnt until we pushed on late second half that winno had anything to do really.

Thought Justin was MOM closely behind Domo.

Good luck in the Final you guys will need it.

Guest Dermot

Was there much of a crowd watching the match?

Should be a great final,and with Colin Spence in charge there shouldnt be any complaints about the Ref. ;0) :clapper:

Guest WINNO

GREAT RESULT FELLAS FOR ALL AT HELSTON FOOTBALL CLUB. WEVE WORKED BLOODY HARD AS A SQUAD AND DESERVE TO BE IN THE LEAGUE CUP FINAL.

WE WILL BE MOST DEFO THE UNDERDOGS BUT THATS GOOD AND IN A BIG ONE OFF GAME YOU NEVER KNOW.

GEE LIKE YOURSELF I THINK ILLOGAN WERE A BIT NEGATIVE TODAY. BUT THATS NOT FOR ME TO SORT OUT. I HAD 3 BIG SAVES TO MAKE BUT REALLY THAT WAS IT. THINK THE WHOLE SQUAD TODAY WERE AWESOME THATS WHAT ITS ABOUT A SQUAD NOT 11 PLAYERS YOU WIN NOWT WITH 11 PLAYERS YOU NEED A GOOD SQUAD A WE DEFO HAVE THAT.....

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANKYOU TO HAYLE FC AND PARICULARLY MR GREGORY FOR PREPARING A GREAT PITCH TODAY.

Guest Monty

Just like to say well done to Helston for winning today and getting to the final, 2 clean sheets in 2 games obviously the right choice in dropping your dodgy keeper. If the final is as good as the last time Helston and Truro met at Truro then it should be a good game. I dont think its the case of working hard i just thinks its the case of having good players at the club. All the best for the rest of the season HELSTON AFC. LOVE MITCHY.

Illogan have scored 62 league goals this season, making them the 8th highest scorers to date. But how is this when from what I witnessed they didn't have a natural goalscorer in their line-up today. Was someone missing or what?

Gareth Pitt is one of the most skillful players to have played in the JCCL over the last few years, but he's not a striker! No Danny Burrows in goal either? Crucial areas of any line-up to be light!

In contrast Helston had upfront Dominic Pullen who scores goals for a past-time and Kayne Trevaskis, one of the better front-line players in the league. Despite Illogan playing some pretty football at times, it wasn't where it was going to hurt Helston.

"Gareth Pitt is one of the most skillful players to have played in the JCCL over the last few years"

Thanks Dave will make a point of trying to avoid speaking to my brother for a couple of weeks after that comment as i'm sure he will drop it into the conversation!!!! :D:D:D (only joking bruv you can't get out of buying me a birthday present that easily)

I watched the game Sunday & thought Illogan,my old team mates,just didnt seem interested & were

definetley not up for it. Elly battled well in midfield & yes they did play some good football but mostly one touch stuff around the halfway line & didnt create any real chances.

With the guys 2 - 0 at h/t, changes should have been made but after the 3rd went in it was too late.

All in all sweet revenge for Helston who Illogan beat 2 seasons ago at the same venue in the semi.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season - next Sunday I have a dilema....Helston v truro or

go to watch the egg chasing Pirates....

The way I see St Day No1 I will have to drive to the footie which means no :drink: but if I got to the Pirates

I can squeeze in a couple of :drink: (Obviously only a couple,big game next day).

No disrespect to either team but I'm not really bothered one way or another who wins..so I think I'll sleep on it.

Nice to speak to you anyway :thumbsup:

Guest WINNO

OK M8 IT WAS

S.WINNAN

C.DAVIES

N.ROLLINSON

A.SHARKY

C.BREASLEY

P.BLACK

G.BLAKE

J.MILES

L.EDDY

K.TREVASKIS

D.PULLEN

SUBS:

S.HAWKE

B.HAWKE

T.RUSSEL

E.DUNN

B.HENNESEY

OK M8 IT WAS

S.WINNAN

C.DAVIES

N.ROLLINSON

A.SHARKY

C.BREASLEY

P.BLACK

G.BLAKE

J.MILES

L.EDDY

K.TREVASKIS

D.PULLEN

SUBS:

S.HAWKE

B.HAWKE

T.RUSSEL

E.DUNN

B.HENNESEY

suprised to see both hawke brothers on the bench :wacko: must have worked good win helston :thumbsup: