Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL League 15/03/08

FHFL League 15/03/08

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have officially been told , Falmouth Albion have now officially withdrawn their reserve team from Division Two. That means all records regarding their 2007/08 season have now been void and tables will be changed accordingly. Sorry to hear this Shifty, i know how hard you and other officials have worked at Falmouth Albion over the years.

FALMOUTH ALBION MANAGER STATEMENT

It is with the utmost regret that we have had to withdraw our reserve side from the league. A combination of factors left us no choice in making this decision.

Personally I feel that I have had to cut off a part of my body for the rest to survive.

MELVILLE BENNEY - MANAGER

Guest Dave Sobey

FHFL RESULS 15/03/08

DIVISION ONE

HELSTON 3 HAYLE 0

MOUSEHOLE 0 MAWNAN 2

DIVISION TWO

HAYLE 2 CARHARRACK 1

MARAZION 1 CONSTANTINE 1

PERRANWELL 6 CULDROSE 0

DIVISION THREE

CURY 4 PENRYN 4

LIZARD 1 CAMBORNE PARK 3

ROSUDGEON 0 FALMOUTH ATH 3

LOCKHART CUP

HOLMANS 4 PENRYN 1

WHEATLY COBB CUP

ST DAY 0 HELSTON 5

TROON 5 MULLION 0

ALL OTHER GAMES CANCELLED DUE TO THE WEATHER

Rosudgeon 0 Falmouth Athletic 3

A clean game from both teams on a muddy pitch and well officiated by the ref.

Athletic went 1 up after 15 mins through Jack Foote who played to the whistle and latched onto a through ball.

Foote then helped set up M. Cudlipp for 1 on 1 with the keeper on the haf hour mark.

Falmouth then went 3 up following good passing between Foote and midfielder Aaron Richards for Cudlipp to slot home.

Rosudgeon came close in reply with several free kicks on the edge of the Falmouth box which whistled just wide.

Second half was a bit of a stale mate with both sides having chances.

Rosudgeon nearly pulled one back with a penalty only for keeper and Falmouths 'man of the match' Joel Richardson to dive low and save the shot.

Substitutes Ronnie Tregus, Asa Gould and Mark O'Neil all had a run out 2nd half.

Funniest moments of the match definitely supplied by the Rosudgeon keeper for playing with a comical hat on. Certainly raised a few smiles!

A good win for Athletic and all the best to Rosugeon for the rest of the season.

Thanks Paul. The lads did well again today. Any 3 poinst away from home is a decent result.

The team seems to have bonded now after introducing a few new faces and the return of old team mates.

Hopefully when the clocks go back in a few weeks we can start training one evening! Bleep Tests for fun anyone?

i was on my way down to watch the mousehole game but was distracted by a big kfc sign so ended up in there for the afternoon there was some bloke dancing in the drive through by the time he had finished it was half time just thought you might like to know. who do you play for super saints

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

i had a double on Denman to win the Gold Cup & mawnan to beat mousehole this afternoon! won £ 760!!!!!!!! woooooooh!!!!!! what a rush!!!!!

Guest artificiosus

Thanks Paul. The lads did well again today. Any 3 poinst away from home is a decent result.

The team seems to have bonded now after introducing a few new faces and the return of old team mates.

Hopefully when the clocks go back in a few weeks we can start training one evening! Bleep Tests for fun anyone?

alrite mike,

let me know when your doing bleep test i love these wouldnt mind having ago.

Hi artificiosus. I shall indeed give you a shout when we are doing the bleep test.

Not that the lads know what I have installed for them yet!

Plenty of fun and games lined up to keep them fit.

But probably best to PM me as I dont know who you are yet!

Guest artificiosus

Hi artificiosus. I shall indeed give you a shout when we are doing the bleep test.

Not that the lads know what I have installed for them yet!

Plenty of fun and games lined up to keep them fit.

But probably best to PM me as I dont know who you are yet!

its geachy

i changed my username

are mangaging any1 next season i want to play outfield iv had enough playing in goal dont enjoy it like to have bit of run around

Hiya Geachy,

Are you still on the same mobile number as before?

I shall give you a shout when we start training in a few weeks.

Probably be at Dracaena on a Thursday night depending on league games.

I hope to stay at Fal Ath next season as manager.

The lads seem happy and we have had a few decent results.

We now have a good squad and as a team already looking at next season.

a good point very well made super saints looking at your 9 posts to his 210 i would say that if we were to visit the hairy fairy land of cornish soccer we find find little old green and white sat in the corner furiously typing away on his lap top.

15/03/08

FHFL Division 2

Hayle IV (2) Carharrack (1)

It took Hayle FC to reinstate SWPL(W) striker Matt Thomas to topple the mighty Carharrack in this epic FHFL Division 2 encounter on a sunny spring afternoon. Carharrack opened the game with a fantastic overhead kick scored by captain Craig Moyle after 32 minutes to delight of the visiting crowd. However, shortly after the interval Carharrack's lead was cancelled out by otherwise senior football league player Thomas with a scrappy finish to draw level. Both teams battled on but it was Thomas again who hit the target on the 75th, much to the dismay of the Carharrack defence. With the final whistle blown, Hayle players looked elated, Carharrack players deprived.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I won't even bother commenting on the referee.

Guest whirlwind

I'm with you super saints and patch, maybe one day we could meet up for a drink, maybe somewhere near you super saints.... maybe the local in Tuckingmill??? i'm abit of a virgin to this site, it would be nice to meet up and have an intelligent conversation and discuss our opions on junior football. And not the opions of people who are quick to blow their own trumpet when they win, but can't drag themselves away from their DIY when they loose !!!!