Cornwall Football Forum

Earthbound Electrical Cornwall Women’s Football League: 2022-2023 Season

At today’s CWFL AGM three new clubs were elected to the league for the coming season - Ludgvan, Padstow and Redruth - and it was agreed that the two division structure should be retained (rather than change to separate Eastern and Western divisions). The clubs will line up in 2022 / 2023 as follows:

Division One: Bodmin, Bude, Foxhole, FXSU, Helston, Mousehole, RNAS Culdrose & Saltash Borough

Division Two: Callington, Charlestown, Dropship, Ludgvan, Padstow, Penryn, Redruth, St Agnes, Wadebridge & Wendron 

(Much less importantly - but in the interests of full disclosure - I was also elected to the Board so any posts from me on this area of the Forum should no longer be regarded as independent.) 

Well done Gary congratulations on your election to the board, they will benefit from your obvious enthusiasam  for the ladies game.
We attended several ladies games last season and found that if you wanted to be entertained with a game of football without all the cat calling and foul mouthed abuse that adorned several of the mens games we visited, the ladies were a safe bet for a good day out.

10 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Why, do you have an objection Dave ?

Hi Keith B no worries here with 5couse or Dave B - it relates to something that happened at the CWFL AGM last night - not to do with Gary H at all!

There might be a common theme on these postings but meant in humour - but you had to be there to get it! They are being naughty!!!

You know what meetings can be like! 

Mandy 

Gary it was nice to put a face to a name my friend and welcome to the committee. Your write ups are amazing and you’re always welcome at Penryn to come and watch the ladies. I would just like to personally thank all the committee for the hard work you all do week in week out for the Cornwall womens football league and it was a shame that rent a crowd came last night to try and ruin it all which didn’t work  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Gary it was nice to put a face to a name my friend and welcome to the committee. Your write ups are amazing and you’re always welcome at Penryn to come and watch the ladies. I would just like to personally thank all the committee for the hard work you all do week in week out for the Cornwall womens football league and it was a shame that rent a crowd came last night to try and ruin it all which didn’t work  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Thank you for your support this season Themanhimself!

6 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Thank you for your kind words, and I both echo your thanks to the CWFL Committee and extend those thanks also to all the volunteers that make our game possible. I always enjoy watching games at Kernick Road and look forward to being back again soon. 

On 11/07/2022 at 17:08, Themanhimself said:

‘Rent a crowd’?    Experienced club officials, expressing their opinions (not always in the best manner, admittedly,  from those on both sides of the argument).  But surely better to have it out in the open at an AGM, rather than it fester during the season?
As the womens game develops there’s going to be a greater variance in opinion, so we all have to respect them, whether we agree or not, as the league develops. 

👏 👏 as always to Mandy, Denzil & all on top table … but they’ll be the first to admit, that doesn’t mean they’re always right.