Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy constitution?

Hopefully the league secretary won’t mind me posting ahead of anything coming out from the league, although I know he’s a bit busy at the moment.

I spoke to him last week as information for my latest CORNISH SOCCER magazine.

“The Premier Division is made up of Southgate Seniors, Boscastle, Dobwalls Reserves, St Breward, St Dominick Reserves, Saltash Utd Thirds, St Merryn, Bodmin Reserves (formerly AFC Bodmin), Mevagissey, Gorran, Polzeath, Lanivet Inn, Lostwithiel and Lifton. Two teams expected to make the Premier are missing as Bude Town Reserves withdrew late on while Tregrehan Mills had already had to pull out due to lack of interest!

Division One has Calstock, St Cleer, Pensilva, Gerrans & St Mawes Utd, St Minver Reserves, Holywell & Cubert, Foxhole Stars Reserves, St Mawgan Reserves, Biscovey, North Petherwin Reserves, Boscastle Reserves, Gunnislake Reserves and Looe Town Reserves.

Division Two consists of Week St Mary, Lostwithiel Reserves, Grampound, North Hill and St Eval Spitfires who felt after a poor season that they would be better off in Div 2. The rest of the division is to be made up of new teams – Bodmin Dragons, Queens, Godolphin Atlantic Reserves, Lanreath, Castle Loyale, Lifton Reserves. The two remaining sides to be accepted in is Delabole & Tintagel FC, which is a merger of the two clubs, while very late on Bude in effect reapplied, and were successful, as they reckon they have sufficient youngsters along with one of two players from the original team that withdrew and so they were happy in the end to get back in as a Division Two side. They might be known as Bude Phoenix or Bude Town Reserves.

That means three divisions – 14, 13 and 13. 

League Cup football is back across the three divisions and the draw for the First Round was made: -
St Minver    v    Looe
St Eval        v    St Dominick
Godolphin    v    Bude
Lostwithiel Res    v    Calstock
Gunnislake    v    Pensilva
Biscovey    v    St Cleer
Bodmin Dragons v    Gorran
Lanivet        v    Gerrans & St Mawes

The league season is to start on the 20th of August, but this is optional although clubs have to play a game by the first Saturday of September."

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Hopefully the league secretary won’t mind me posting ahead of anything coming out from the league, although I know he’s a bit busy at the moment.

I spoke to him last week as information for my latest CORNISH SOCCER magazine.

“The Premier Division is made up of Southgate Seniors, Boscastle, Dobwalls Reserves, St Breward, St Dominick Reserves, Saltash Utd Thirds, St Merryn, Bodmin Reserves (formerly AFC Bodmin), Mevagissey, Gorran, Polzeath, Lanivet Inn, Lostwithiel and Lifton. Two teams expected to make the Premier are missing as Bude Town Reserves withdrew late on while Tregrehan Mills had already had to pull out due to lack of interest!

Division One has Calstock, St Cleer, Pensilva, Gerrans & St Mawes Utd, St Minver Reserves, Holywell & Cubert, Foxhole Stars Reserves, St Mawgan Reserves, Biscovey, North Petherwin Reserves, Boscastle Reserves, Gunnislake Reserves and Looe Town Reserves.

Division Two consists of Week St Mary, Lostwithiel Reserves, Grampound, North Hill and St Eval Spitfires who felt after a poor season that they would be better off in Div 2. The rest of the division is to be made up of new teams – Bodmin Dragons, Queens, Godolphin Atlantic Reserves, Lanreath, Castle Loyale, Lifton Reserves. The two remaining sides to be accepted in is Delabole & Tintagel FC, which is a merger of the two clubs, while very late on Bude in effect reapplied, and were successful, as they reckon they have sufficient youngsters along with one of two players from the original team that withdrew and so they were happy in the end to get back in as a Division Two side. They might be known as Bude Phoenix or Bude Town Reserves.

That means three divisions – 14, 13 and 13. 

League Cup football is back across the three divisions and the draw for the First Round was made: -
St Minver    v    Looe
St Eval        v    St Dominick
Godolphin    v    Bude
Lostwithiel Res    v    Calstock
Gunnislake    v    Pensilva
Biscovey    v    St Cleer
Bodmin Dragons v    Gorran
Lanivet        v    Gerrans & St Mawes

The league season is to start on the 20th of August, but this is optional although clubs have to play a game by the first Saturday of September.

Seems like the league had a lot to get there head around. 

is this the godolphin team that was in the combo? Last season. 
good to see a few clubs back running again. 
Odd that bude after all there moaning about going up would have been playing in the prem but have now started again in div two. Surprised they were allowed back in really. 

25 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well its their reserve side which played in the Combination last season. Having to take relegation, they presumably felt Duchy more appropriate for new season.

It’s a big drop from combo down to div two in duchy. Nice to see number looking bigger in the leagues though. 

33 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

After all that beefing between St Columb and Lanivet going to East Cornwall, Lanivet reject promotion despite finishing above St Columb? Cold feet or what!

Presumably felt after applying originally and the league deciding  to have a smaller league of 14 instead of 16, that applying the second time wouldn’t be worth it knowing who else had applied.