Cornwall Football Forum

Tinners Triumph At The Camp Nou

St Just burst back with a phenomenal 3-0 victory over Wendron Reserves, who were all about 14 apart from one. The skipper passed so many balls to a blue-and-burgundy shirt that his new nickname is Messi. The youngsters done good and Steve Rose was man of the first half. In the 62nd minute the Wendron keeper had a senior moment and set off for the pasty hut for no apparent reason and Messi slotted from about 30 yards. Then Messi Junior, the keeper, took a long punt from the edge of his area which went in after a bounce. It was like table football. John Sanderson slotted a beauty ten minutes from the end worthy of winning any game. These Marjons boys know their onions. Shame Woody's been dropped for the Varsity match. We used to have those in Oxford too. They were on television, like the tellytubbies.

As I am bored at work, with little to do, I decided to view "The Camp Nou" as you refer to it, using google earth, as we (Perranporth) are the visitors on Saturday. As I do not know when the satellite image was taken, could you please inform me if the pitch is now the more traditional rectangular shape, or still the less conventional trapezoidal shape, as appears on google earth. Many Thanks.

hi Jim,

Delighted to advise that trapezoidal tendencies have been somewhat reduced by requirements of SWPL ground inspection last year. Somebody's little boy also cottoned on to Google Earth...it's even faster than our triangular wheels !...... and as a result of the pitch changes left wing corners now get taken from inside the pasty hut and there's a granite wall in front of the Farm End goal. Otherwise, it's just as normal as it ever has been, in so far as we St Justers do normal. Following your lineswoman's seductive behaviour on another thread some of the lads have been getting a bit excited and there are a lot of goats wandering around with watery eyes and crossed legs. Mother roasted a live Penzancer on the family spit this morning and the omens for Saturday are quite bland: looked like another goalless draw after she'd eaten his liver. We've even been down Gwenver to get a kiddies' sandpit installed on the edge of the box so your defenders can acclimatise themselves and all the Curnows have been doing Tai Chi and Anger Management courses at Truro College so nobody faints at the sight of blood, even mine.......

looking forward to it, m8...

proper job !

:thumbsup:

Rodney

Guest jumpersforgoalposts

What a loser u really are! its like reading passages from a little child who hasn't got the bottle to actually say these things face to face, what a man you are! writing these comments from 40 miles away in the safety and comfort of the mansion your oxford degree has allowed you to afford! grow up rodney! Shame you never had any sporting ability to play in them Varsity games eh rodney!

You're right, Jumpers ! I was a crap footballer, but am a genuine lover of the game and of St Just. Unfortunately the place contains too many benighted bungaloids for whom even my most self-parodying humour sounds too close to the truth to be read humorously.

In the far-off days of my St Just childhood, I was kicked so often by people like you in the Playing Field, perhaps because of the inherent resentment of your ilk when faced by anyone with the capacity to escape the mire of idleness, nepotism, backbiting and petty jealousy that clogs your Balswidden-bounded pond.

What is at the end of it ? A bar-stool in the Commercial and death from cirrhosis. Not a social life that any sentient being would buy. A desperate flight from closed mines/minds, economic and intellectual poverty, your concrete box. Finis. Having gone all the way to St Just, there's nowhere else to go but dead.

Anywhere else, financial support would probably be appreciated : your only concern is that your clique should continue to dominate the club with its blanketing mediocrity. Put simply, if someone pays decent players your son's selection might not be automatic. There's my crime.

It is one thing to dig St Just out of the ordure, but as your comment illustrates, it is at present beyond me to dig all the ordure out of St Just. However, one day, probably about nine months hence, when there is no money because it takes gumption and foresight to raise any; few players because they are by nature travelling souls; and no committee because the ungrateful tendency you represent has driven them out, you will also leave, like a vandal who, having trashed everything, has grown bored. Then you will look for another club to trash.

And then... well, my late father's first name was Arthur. It does have a romantic ring to it.....

yer i dont understand alot of that! and im not into getting into a verbal war...cause frankly i couldnt care less whether it is youself or the Curnow family that send the club into ruin. However i do believe that the way you have gone about this is all wrong! you have publically aired the politics of the club, which as a interlect you know yourself that is not the correct way to deal in business!

As for the comments that you made about certain members of the club! well that can be taken as slander, and thats not the first time a case could be brought against you is it? I remember reading a certain passage you left on here aboout a well respected businessman and his family!

Im also very suprised that you havent written much about the Disgusting behaviour that led to your golden boy being sent off at the weekend! Neil can shout at people in a fit of passion but for John Bird to get sent off for punching an opposition player which can result in ABH thats ok.

Like i said before, im not looking for a argument with you rodney, i think what you did for the club was 90% positive, and you were manipulated by a couple of people over player wages. I did think you had more integrity and morals about you to air dirty laundry on a message board rather than talking to the people involved!

What a loser u really are! its like reading passages from a little child who hasn't got the bottle to actually say these things face to face, what a man you are! writing these comments from 40 miles away in the safety and comfort of the mansion your oxford degree has allowed you to afford! grow up rodney! Shame you never had any sporting ability to play in them Varsity games eh rodney!

jumpersforgoalposts, Are you somewhat intimidated by a man who is clearly way in advance of you in regards to intellectual capacity, has achieved a far greater level of intellectualism than you have and has a greater understanding of the cognitive process than you do?.

If you are not somewhat intimidated, why scoff at isaac rosenberg's education, achievements and assets that have taken a lifetime of hard work to achieve?.

I suggest that if you are to deny your intimidation, you will only succeed in admittance of unscrupulous jealousy.

intimidated...i think not, what gives you that impression?

That passage was a reference to Mr Beer's earlier comments in a different thread where he made a comment about a certain st. just player who had to stay at university to do an extra year, due to failing a module on the course. As a college tutor I think it is wrong for Mr Beer to mock somebody for trying to educate themselves, not everybody is Albert Einstein!

I have never challenged Rodneys education and i know that given a argument he will wipe the floor with me! however i dont like the fact that he comes on here and takes a cheap shot at everybody who crosses his path because he doesnt have the bottle to deal with the problem face to face!

I respect Rodney for what he did for the club and what he has achieved academically, however i dont respect the way he has come on here and posted literature about the politics of the club and some of the players, manager and spectators.

sorry coopsie but we are all entitled to an opinion, read the St. Just rumors topic again and see if you agree with some of the things ive said!

intimidated...i think not, what gives you that impression?

That passage was a reference to Mr Beer's earlier comments in a different thread where he made a comment about a certain st. just player who had to stay at university to do an extra year, due to failing a module on the course. As a college tutor I think it is wrong for Mr Beer to mock somebody for trying to educate themselves, not everybody is Albert Einstein!

I have never challenged Rodneys education and i know that given a argument he will wipe the floor with me! however i dont like the fact that he comes on here and takes a cheap shot at everybody who crosses his path because he doesnt have the bottle to deal with the problem face to face!

I respect Rodney for what he did for the club and what he has achieved academically, however i dont respect the way he has come on here and posted literature about the politics of the club and some of the players, manager and spectators.

sorry coopsie but we are all entitled to an opinion, read the St. Just rumors topic again and see if you agree with some of the things ive said!

Now that statement requires no response whatsoever jumpersforgoalposts. Your "gripe" is clearly explained without any un-necessary dismissal of Rodney's home or education. Surely there couldn't possibly be a single complaint about how you've explained yourself there sir. :clapper:

do i detect a sarcastic hint from you coopsie? Actually to be fair i dont really care about St. Just F.C. so i dont know why i wrote that! im just gona take a back seat now and let the entertainment unfold!haha. go on Rodders lad go mental!

Following your lineswoman's seductive behaviour on another thread some of the lads have been getting a bit excited and there are a lot of goats wandering around with watery eyes and crossed legs.

I've not been on for 9 days and thats the 2nd thread that you've made comments about me. Oh and seductive and me in the same thread, thats just funny :lol:

Thanks to friends and the not-so-friendly for their comments. Jumpers, I'm not absolutely sure who you are, but I find all this stuff about bottle quite bewildering. Having missed only two St Just games in the last decade, my dear old mother and I are easy to find if you want a discussion. One minute you're threatening me with legal action for slander, the next you're acting contrary to the Offences Against The Person Act yourself. My solicitor's on a retainer: it saves me money on the long run.

You're clearly not a fan of St Just AFC but a defender of its number 5. These two positions are certainly logically consistent !

Our number 7 is a gentleman and scholar who pays his fines and is an example to us all. I don't think you'll find any supporters for a verbal attack on him, so don't even bother to start !

As for the Curnow family, two are good footballers and another has been the most important person at St Just for a long time, invaluable off the pitch, full of commitment, locally grounded, popular and well-respected in the village and around the Combo League. Like all managers, he is entitled to make mistakes. He has come under pressure to favour his family in two matters of selection; pressure that it would probably have taken inhuman strength to resist. The first is no longer as big an issue: leadership on the pitch is improving and learning is taking place. The second has cost us 14 goals and 13 points.

During this season, in which our remaining results are of limited importance, the loss of seven good players to other clubs and the secretary/chief fundraiser departing in protest at being publicly abused will have little impact. Only the stattos like me will remember next Xmas whether we finished tenth or sixteenth. Long-term, however, without support for youth football, more volunteers and an income stream, the club is heading for trouble.

I hope it will turn around and there is nothing I'd like to see more than 11 amateurs from the village lifting the league title. Perhaps the rest of St Just was less ambitious than I am. Mother and I were delighted to see the 50% rise in away support at Aggie:maybe things are looking up !

Anita, you're too modest ! Writing in the aftermath of Drogba's spiking of the Gunners, the world is suffused with royal blue and golden light ! Bring on the Mancunian Red Drivels, :yahoo: Tostig and Hardrada for another thrashing at Stamford Bridge, that's what I say ! (I know, I know, but Hastings are not in the Premiership....yet).