Cornwall Football Forum

IT’S MCONIE FOR MOUSEHOLE

As received from Mousehole’s Andrew Large

MOUSEHOLE BOOST ATTACKING OPTIONS WITH SIGNING OF CALLAM MCONIE

Mousehole have started early preparations for the 2021/22 season by capturing winger Callam Mconie from Newquay. 

The 23-year old is described as an exciting left-footer who was previously a team-mate of current Seagulls’ top scorer Hayden Turner, and the two were also fellow sports science students at Hartpury University. 

Mconie has also played at a higher level, having been on the books of Gloucestershire club Cinderford Town (Southern League, step 4) and Hereford club Westfields (Hellenic League, step 5). 

Mousehole’s Director of Football Adam Fletcher commented: “We’ve been tracking him for quite a while and every time we’ve seen him play he’s made a big impression and impact. When he came on as a second-half substitute for Newquay in our win there last year he very nearly turned the game round for them. He’s clearly a skilful, positive-thinking and forward-running player who will make a big contribution to our continuing progress.”

Very surprised to see Callum go , especially as he was nursed back to fitness by Macker ,Middsey and his |Dad and I believe we were about to see the full potential in Callum

with Newquay for the coming season,whilst wishing him all the best with Mousehole the door is always open  at Newquay if he wants to return. 

Very impressed with him when i have seen him play but he hasnt played a lot due to injury didnt think he would leave Newquay but he was used mostly as a sub there an dthey do have such  a strong squad ,i expect hes being paid well to play for Mousehole looking forward to seeing them play whenever the footy gets under way again they where the best footballing side i had seen when i did see them play very strong side pity the league finished would of been interesting to of seen who would of won the league between them and Saltash