Cornwall Football Forum

A thought

Driving into Truro from the Falmouth direction I had to laugh when I saw a sign saying circus and pointing onto Treyew Road! (A trip to Sainsbury's made me forget to look for where the circus actually is)

Passing the ground, with the sign advertising a game against Oxford United XI and the Truro City car wash, seeing the seats still in place and the floodlights etc, what will happen to them?

Do the seats belong to the club? If they are leased then that's money wasted. I hope when the bulldozers move in that the history of the club; photos, momentoes, trophies are going to be kept safe. I'm by no means a Truro fan but acknowledge that a lot of history is being lost and greed and mismanagement might have played a part, not just in Truro's case. 

It would be a shame if the seats, stands, barriers, floodlights are just destroyed when surely they could be sold or donated to a Cornish club playing in Cornwall as they won't be needed at S4C when and if the time comes.

They should donate the boilers and hot water cylinders to gwinear then the 500 pounds gwinear got for their new boilers could go towards the labour charge for installing .  If all getting knocked down they should donate as much as they can to help local teams . That would be good publicity for them . 

25 minutes ago, Never-Pay-Never said:

I think it's safe to assume that any assets will be stripped.

I assumed they would but clubs in Cornwall or indeed the CCFA could be offered them and entrusted to disperse them in the Duchy. I bet the won't though. Some club or organisation will benefit from this mess.