Cornwall Football Forum

Best Goalkeepers

Guest Gouldie

Guest Gouldie

This is my first full season at this level and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am also really enjoying the forum. I have read it all for most of the season and have only recently joined up. I take a big interest in my league (Div 1 West) and am gradually catching up with the comings and goings in all of the Carlsberg leagues.

I thought I would try and initiate a debate and was wondering what topic to start. As a goalkeeper myself I decided that there was no better place to start than to gather some info on the competition!!!!!!

Who is the best goalkeeper in the local leagues? That can be past or present. I am all for a bit of nostalgia!

Duncan ayres is one of the best keepers I ever played with along woth John mitchell and possible the best of the lot (before he moved away) Danny logan that boy was pure class not good enough to get into perranporths first team according to their manager even though he went on to play semi-pro I think

looks like u cant get that pint!

the cat sticks to junior football these days as he plays just for enjoyment!

plus with the bad wrist ligament injury sustained earlier in the season ive been playing a bit out field to get some footy played

best ive played with are

JOHN MITCHELL

DAVE ELLIS

JASON CHAPMAN

all whilst at probus, john is still a great keeper!

with the bad wrist kigament injury

What's the treatment for kigament injuries Cat? :thumbsup: I've got to agree - John Mitchell is a class goalie (and not a bad postman either!)

Guest Postie Pidge

Sid Taylor is a better Postie keeper although John is good and as was printed in a St Austell programme, he would have scored the 6th penalty at Euro 96!

Although I don't like giving him to much praise, as it goes to his head, but John Mitchell is certainly one of the best keepers in the division, especially at the age and weight he is. He has constantly performed above the call of duty for us at goonhavern this year and I am sure that all the players appreciate the effort he puts in on and off the field.

Guest crosser

some of the best I've seen over the old SWL

In no particular order.

Dave Philp

Andy gammon

Steve Gill

mark gears

Sid taylor

Andy Mead

the boy turner should have been a good keeper but got himself into some bother if I remember rightly, there's probably others

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

The Eastern European lad that Callington Town have found is bound to appear at a much higher level very soon. Newquay beat them 1-0 but it would have been 10 against any other side in the league, the lad is quality !