Cornwall Football Forum

Combo results 29/12/07

Holman SC 7-2 Penzance Reserves

With Wendron winning Pz have now hit rock bottom but they didn't play that badly today and deserves to have 7 put past them.

Report as follows:

The pitch was wet underfoot and the wind was blowing diagonally across the pitch making the long ball game difficult at times which cocked Pz as that's how we play. But both teams played a great game of football with Holman being the stronger especially as Pz played deep and let Holman come on to them. A tactic that failed to halt the goals going in. Pz were down to their bare bones team with call-ups to the 1st team and illness and injuries in the squad.

1min. 1-0. Yes 1min. Pz keeper comes out to kick the ball and hits the back of his defender. The ball rebounds back into the goal from 25yds. One for Question Of Sport "What Happened Next".

14mins 2-0. Holmans work down their right, strong cross over, met mid-goal for a header in. Good goal difficult to defend.

24mins 3-0. Holmans work the ball across the midfield, then work their way into the box. A volley is blocked on the line but the rebound is volleyed in.

H-T

61mins 4-0. Holman beat the off-side trap which Pz wern't playing anyway. One-on-one with keeper. Volley into net.

62mins 5-0. Same as 4 apart from the Pz goalie protests to the lino and lets player score with low volley into goal.

65mins 5-1. Jimmy Liddicoat(?) gets ball on halfway. Moves forward beats a couple of players and volleys a low shot into goal from 15yds.

80mins 6-1. Holman down left, strong lobbed shot over advancing keeper.

86mins 7-1. Holman break down right channel. Volley beats keeper.

88mins 7-2. Jimmy Liddicoat breaks through the middle from halfway, lobbs advancing keeper from 25yds.

Corner count 0-0 1st half. 4-0 to Holman 2nd half. 1st corner didn't come until 51st minute.

Crowd was a rather cold and windswept 23 with 4 from Pz.

BY THE LOOK AT SOME OF THE RESULTS TODAY A FEW 1ST TEAMS HAD NO GAME!!!!

BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS DOWN MY THROAT I HAVEN'T A PROBLEM WITH THAT AT ALL. IT JUST SHOWS THOUGH DOESN'T IT IT CAN BE WHEN YOU GET CERTAIN TEAMS!!!!!

HELSTON 2 ST IVES 2

THIS WAS BY FAR THE HARDEST GAME WEVE HAD ALL SEASON AGAINST A VERY FIT PHYSICAL AND ORGANISED ST IVES OUTFIT.

NOT THE GREATEST OF SPECTACLES BUT LOOKING AT THE CONDITIONS WINDY SOGGY PITCH IT WAS A FULL BLOODED AFFAIR. COULD HAVE GONE EITHER WAY AT THE END. A DRAW A FAIR RESULT I THINK. ALSO A POINT GAINED AS NOT MAY TEAMS ARE GOIN TO TAKE POINTS OF ST IVES IF THEY PLAY LIKE THAT EVERY WEEK ESPECIALLY DOWN AT THEIR PLACE!!!! THE BOY STEADMAN IS A HANDFUL ITS JUST A SHAME HES GOT SUCH A TERRIBLE ATTITUDE!!!!

St Day 0 - 5 Illogan

Pitch was very wet and difficult to play football on but 1st Half Illogan played some great football despite the conditions and took a 5 nil lead at half time with another hat trick from Mark Miller and Simon Ellis and Craig Williams adding others. Best goal by Craig with 8 or 9 passes between 5 players and Craig scoring with a great left foot strike from 25 yds.

2nd half pitch was too cut up and with no real chances either end just fizzeled out really with all the damage done 1st half.

Just started to drop a couple of points Winno do you have a few injuries or just simply coming up against some good sides. Its this time of the year you would think the pretty boys of Truro would be struggling but they dont seem to be playing much? Unless im just missing the results.

ST.AGNES 1 V 6 TRURO .......sounds like a hammering but not so !!

Truro could have been behind after a couple of minutes following a headed backpass from Matt Salmon that dropped kindly at Liam Heenans feet with only the keeper to beat .

A five minute spell late in the half when Truro scored 3 very good individual goals changed the game 4-0 half time .

Aggie scored first in second half after a free kick dropped between the defenders and keeper ...nobody dealt with it !!

2 late goals gave Truro a flattering 6-1 scoreline .........but with Helston dropping 2 points it is now all square with the big game looming next Saturday at Treyew . :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Doomer17

Unlucky Helston, sounded like a hard game today. I've always heard people saying St.ives are real organised in there play, so a point is good although i know you would of fully wanted 3.

Its good that Helston have kept Right behing Truro for all this time, i guess many would of predicted a one horse race by now. I do believe its Truros title, especially with the dropped points from Helston, but still a long long way to go lots of ups and downs and the Helson truro game is massive for Helston..one to watch if i wasnt playing. Exciting stuff

Hayle res 3-1 Newquay

Hayle goals first was OG Withers 1 Palmer 1

Dont think result was ever in doubt as our keeper didnt have save to make for most of the match we went one up in the first half after Newquay player put ball in his own net, thats how it stood at half time.

Six minutes into the second half A Wade put A Withers through one on one and he finnished it off to put us two up, twenty minutes into the second half a low hard shot across the box from A Withers was put away by A Palmer to make the game safe.

Newquay got a free kick and from 25 yards it was drilled into the bottom corner a well taken kick but as it was hit straight you have to ask questions of our wall.

It ended 3-1 to us the game was played in good spirit by both teams in windy conditions but as usual Greg had the pitch in great condition considering the weather we have had, good luck to Newquay for rest of season.

And for Winno our first team game was cancelled and we used three of there players today course you dont have the problems reserve teams have do you?

6 points over christmas happy with that :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: :drink:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Weeman, no mention of the missed penalty by Newquay or that they had the St Blazey keeper playing midfield !! From what I heard, it was not all one way.

Guest hellboy

st just 2 mullion 1

mullion went one up in 20 minuets of first half with a free kick just outside the 18 yrd box a st just player headed it past andrew curnow. st just equalised with a good goal jon row won the ball in midfeild ran 10 yards with ball slipped it in to neil curnow who squared for shane richards with a good finish. a new player for st just not sure who he was scored with a good finish with a one on one with mullion keeper st just should of had 4 0r 5 goals really.

Weeman, no mention of the missed penalty by Newquay or that they had the St Blazey keeper playing midfield !! From what I heard, it was not all one way.

Sorry about that judge you are right forgot about penalty and didnt know your team i just felt on balance of play our keeper had nothing to do apart from the free kick and missed penalty realise that would make game seem close.

Guest Helston Patriot

Yeah stone clad mate, god how he didn't give it

do you think we should of had a pen when simmo chinned dom in front of the ref and only got booked???? :D

ST.AGNES 1 V 6 TRURO .......sounds like a hammering but not so !!

Truro could have been behind after a couple of minutes following a headed backpass from Matt Salmon that dropped kindly at Liam Heenans feet with only the keeper to beat .

A five minute spell late in the half when Truro scored 3 very good individual goals changed the game 4-0 half time .

Aggie scored first in second half after a free kick dropped between the defenders and keeper ...nobody dealt with it !!

2 late goals gave Truro a flattering 6-1 scoreline .........but with Helston dropping 2 points it is now all square with the big game looming next Saturday at Treyew . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

yes your right it did flatter st agnes should have been 12 -1 ;)

simmo is still trying to throw his considerable weight around then you would have thought that being manager would make the bloke grow up a bit and try being a good example to his squad instead of his usual"right get him lads" the bloke is a liability and should really know better at his age throwing punches during a game is shocking the animal should be kicked out the game he is a disgrace.

To be honest I didnt see any of those incidents, I was at front post waiting for the ball to be whipped in and hear the ref blowing up, didnt know what was going on!!

Good luck against Truro next week aswell!!

thats what i was doing...ready to take the corner and then some blokes on the floor n simmo's going after tom russell. simmo had already been booked and some of the tackle and when he jumped into me when i went past him. thought he should have been off. darren steadman had a very good game.

DEFO PEALTY FOR ST IVES. BUT I AGREE WITH BREAS SO SHOULD WE HAVE. SIMMO PUNCHED DOMO IN THE FACE AND THEN ATTEMPTED TO HEAD BUTT TOM RUSSEL RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT HEY THATS COMBO FOOTIE GET AWAY WITH WHAT YOU CAN. VERY HARD GAME BOTH SIDES GAVE IT THERE ALL......

Guest hellboy

anyone have any idea when that steadman is banned, he must be banned for a while as was sent off then spat at rod beer, surley he should of been banned by now or has it been over looked??????????