• LOUIS VAN GAAL
    • RAFAEL BENITEZ
    • OTTMAR HITZFELD
    • AIME JACQUET
    • MARCELLO LIPPI
    • ARSENE WENGER
    • ALEX FERGUSON
    • GLEN HODDLE

O.k people, with all the talk about the next England manager who would you like to see.

I have created a poll with a list of 20 names that could do the job, Some names you may think should be on there and feel free to add your choices.

Please remember though that this is only a vote and whoever comes out on top may not want to take what is looking like the most hated job in world football today.

Enjoy.

Guest Doomer17

I know what your saying, Mourinho is a great great manager, and has done wonders wherever hes been, but were english! Surely you all want an englishman taking over? I can understand your point that arguably not too many great english managers, ive named one constantly who i believe is the man for the job. Its just my opinion, i dont expect many of you(any) to agree with me! But i really do believe he can take this crop of celebrities we have to major sucess.

Guest danny-efc-pafc

no chance moyes is staying at my beloved everton!!!

rumours did have it that holloway was the man for the job but got approached by leicester at last minute lol :D:D:D:D:D

Big sam would be a good shout he would bring the prima donnas into line I know he isnt doing that well at newcastle at the mo but he did well at bolton and seems to be the only manager to tame lesulk :angry: so should be able to cope with our crop of players :thumbsup:

Route one football with a bit of thuggery thrown in, just how we want to see our country playing football isn't it?. :wacko: ..

Guest Peppermint

I think r and l sums it up when he says Big Sam is not a yes man. That means the useless brigade at the FA would not probably appoint him or anyone who would not toe the line.

In the past the country have not been able to have the best managers because they would do their own thing and not listen to the people at the top. An example of this was the non appointment of Brian Clough who would have been superb but would have had no interference from above - quite rightly stating what do they know about football.

Personally I do not think Big Sam would be right for the job for the reasons given by Coopsie. It really saddens me that this incompetent bunch of useless idiots can ruin English Football.

Guest crosser

i'm sorry but I know we should'nt expect miracles in only a few months but there is no way big fat sam should be let anywhere near the england squad, I agree he worked miracles at bolton with very lttle money dealing with other people's cast off's.

But he's had money to spend at newcastle and they are worse now then when rat boy was in charge. Be very surprised if he is still in a job by the end of the season.

There is only one english manager that can take the job and thats harry, apart from a bad couple of months at southampton he has been a success wherever he's been and he also trys to play decent football.

Guest crosser

you say harry has been a sucsess every where he has been but has he ever actually won anything????

when I say harry has been a success everywhere he's been i mean that in the context that he has'nt really failed anywhere, he did win the third division title with bournemouth, won the inter toto with west ham and has taken west ham and portsmouth to their highest place league positions for years.

and before anybody knocks the inter toto, west ham had to enter the inter toto after finishing 5th yes 5th which would guarantee you a uefa cup spot these days, and in the year west ham won it juventus were also partaking in the inter toto cup.

Hope that answers your question, but what has big fat sam won????

Guest Doomer17

Hoddle can't cope with any players who have more skill than him.

Look how he didn't pick Le Tissier and Gazza.

It's Mourinho for me or Alex Ferguson if anyone could ever talk him into it.

..................and no, I,m not a Man U or a Chelsea fan. :drink:

Rubbish. Thats nonsense. You believe he felt he had more skill than them after he retired!? do me a favor.

forget Mourniho even though hes a genius, forget any other foreign names that are cropping up, Were English, we NEED an english manager. Hoddle is the man, and if he isn't, i personally want to see an english manager doing it.

I dont know if big sam has won anything,all i said was he did a great job at bolton and can handle big egos so would be ideal for the current england squad im not knocking harry either i think he would do a good job to neither of them will get it though they both have a backbone

Guest crosser

Hoddle can't cope with any players who have more skill than him.

Look how he didn't pick Le Tissier and Gazza.

It's Mourinho for me or Alex Ferguson if anyone could ever talk him into it.

..................and no, I,m not a Man U or a Chelsea fan. :drink:

Rubbish. Thats nonsense. You believe he felt he had more skill than them after he retired!? do me a favor.

forget Mourniho even though hes a genius, forget any other foreign names that are cropping up, Were English, we NEED an english manager. Hoddle is the man, and if he isn't, i personally want to see an english manager doing it.

have heard a few ex pros say how hoddles used to get in a strop at training sessions when some of the pro's he was coaching could'nt do what he could, so theres a fare chance that he did'nt like more talented players than himself

Guest Doomer17

I think you'll find (and i have reason to believe this is true) he used to loathe people that didn't give 100% at training. Certain players used to use training as a doss, thinking they didn't have to give their all in training. Hoddle loves football, he loves the game, he was a quality player who really had a passion for the game. I believe it wasn't a question of who could do what and who was better than who, im sure he was envious of their talent, more a question of who put in everything.

Im not trying to make people give there vote to hodds or whatever, i just believe anybody who thinks a foreign man should run the english national squad is wrong, but thats my opinion.

We could discuss this all day, the fact of the matter is the next selection is going to be a play safe move in case the fa receieve further scrutiny, and furthermore whoever we believe is the man, they won't!

But if you are reading this FA...Hoddle, (boom boom boom) Hoddle.. :P

Guest crosser

mate, i completely agree that we should have an english manager and we were silly to sack hoddle in the first place just can't see him being given the job how long has he been out of football now??

Guest Peppermint

I saw on the Sports News on Sky this morning that the Frenchman Platini is poking his nose in and saying that England should appoint an English manager. That is fine if we have one that is willing to do it and is the right calibre but if not we will end up with another useless one like McClaren!!