Cornwall Football Forum

London Marathon

Good luck to 3 of our Cornish football celebraties running in the London marathon today!!! The St.Austell Voice sports editor Gareth Rowett, St.Day player Rob Hosking, and Wadebridge manager Sasha Wheatman, great fund raising efforts as well lads, hope you enjoy the day and all your training pays off ??? ⚽  Right, off to Cyprus to eat some birthday cake, read a few books and sleep in the sun hopefully! Otherwise would have loved a little 26 mile run!! ? 

Thank you, Mark, I really appreciate it. It was spooky on Friday evening, as my wife and I were arriving at the marathon expo, to collect my number, we bumped into sash, as he was leaving the expo.

It was a fantastic experience, not a bad way to celebrate my birthday, hearing thousands of people cheering your name and high fiving you. Everybody was willing each other on. Runners encouraging & helping other runners, I even had to stop in one of the tunnels and help pick a fellow runner up from the floor and assisted with a collapsed runner, after the finish line, as people had literally given their all, to finish the marathon.

I managed to finish in 3 and a half hours, but more importantly, raise a few quid for the Cornwall Air Ambulance. 

Well done to everybody who ran, especially those raising some much needed funds for their charity. I would encourage anyone to run the marathon at least once in their life. 

Maybe there's an idea for Dave Deacon, to have a new section in the magazine, what local footballers do outside of football... 

Enjoy your holiday, mate x

Young monty trains at the same gym as me, and performed fantastically, coming in just under 5 hours, but more importantly, he raised a wonderful amount of money, for a great charity ? 

Well done to Ben, from Pz, another great effort, finishing just under 6 hours, I believe, again raising money for charity ?

Which charity did he do it for, CTB?  

Thanks for the kind words and similar to Rob the first person I bumped into at the Expo, was ex-Padstow legend Martin 'Chic' Rickard, who was also running for the same charity Cornwall Hospice Care.

Thank you to everyone who has supported and I managed to complete my first marathon in four hours and 42 seconds.

More info here: www.justgiving.com/GarethRowett1