Cornwall Football Forum

What now for Trelawny Reports?

Following the sad news that the Sunday Independent has ceased trading, what now for our local football reports?

Has anyone any bright ideas? Would the West Briton take it on or is there just not enough interest anymore? I've noticed that over the last few weeks I've had fewer and fewer messages updating me on scores and scorers - so maybe people aren't worried about reading it in the paper anymore? 

I know that Dave runs the Trelawny Facebook page and updates reports on there so I imagine that this would continue when he comes back from sea? But would there be interest in starting a Trelawny website - one like CTB's Combination page? Just not as full on? 

I like the idea of Trelawny Reports, but in what format would people like to see it? Online? In a newspaper? 

The West Briton has gone downhill - a west Cornwall paper that includes a report on Plymouth Argyle and sometimes a whole page on one club - Truro City. Why not type up the reports on here, like Premier Sixes did/does with the Duchy League. People still get to read them.

16 hours ago, TrelawnyReports said:

Following the sad news that the Sunday Independent has ceased trading, what now for our local football reports?

Has anyone any bright ideas? Would the West Briton take it on or is there just not enough interest anymore? I've noticed that over the last few weeks I've had fewer and fewer messages updating me on scores and scorers - so maybe people aren't worried about reading it in the paper anymore? 

I know that Dave runs the Trelawny Facebook page and updates reports on there so I imagine that this would continue when he comes back from sea? But would there be interest in starting a Trelawny website - one like CTB's Combination page? Just not as full on? 

I like the idea of Trelawny Reports, but in what format would people like to see it? Online? In a newspaper? 

We do have one Josh; We have the Trelawny League's Full Time website. 

Personally, I won't have the time to write the reports when I return. I've neglected my family long enough now with refereeing, playing and my other commitments to local football. Should I get nominated as the Registration Secretary at July's AGM (Unless anyone else steps up, which is highly unlikely; it's pretty much a given that I will be replacing Steve), that will be my only input into football locally, other than playing or refereeing on a Saturday. I will no longer be playing/reffing/managing on Sundays or getting involved with any other form of work on the football front. Sundays will now be all about my family and spending time with them :)

As for the reports... It's a massive shame that the Independent has fallen. But let's be realists for one minute... The majority of clubs can't be bothered to send you/me a small match report after their games, yet then text/email/call us on a Saturday night or Sunday evening when their team barely gets a mention in our write-ups. Unfortunately. I'm now of the opinion that if people can't give me less than five minutes of their time, I won't give them mine. 

This Forum is a fantastic place to get information on the games. But it's also often a platform for playground antics. I think that the forum is the future of the match reports personally; unless another newspaper (although the way forward now is e-newspapers/magazines) takes up the reigns, this forum will be the only place to get reports on the games (although very rarely from a neutral point of view).

I hope all is well my friend.