Cornwall Football Forum

Wendron 2 Dobwalls 4

I didn't think the ref had a bad game until the Dobwall's Lino made a controversial decision to disallow a Wendron goal. From my viewpoint - which admittedly wasn't in line - the ball fell to a Wendron player after a Dobwall's player had tackled another Wendron player.  The lino then decided to enter the field of play and played left back for Dobwall's for a few minutes; in all fairness, he stuck to his guns and seemed adamant he had made the correct decision, so he gave what he saw - which is all you can ask for. 

From that point things got a bit heated. Wendron had another goal, correctly disallowed then Dobwall's went and scored against the run of play. There was some altercation during Dobwall's celebrations. I think one celebrated in front of a Wendron player, earning a second yellow and being sent off. If this is correct then I believe it was the correct decision and warranted a yellow card for bringing the game into disrepute. Hasn't a professional just been penalised for this?

The other red card came during the same incident but I have no idea what it was for?

I only caught the second half and Wendron absolutely bossed it, creating a lot of chances but failing to take them. They were also denied a stone wall penalty from a glaring hand ball. 

Dobwalls looked dangerous on the break though and obviously did something right being 3 up at half time. 

Such a shame as it was a throughly entertaining game and not at all an ill tempered affair. 

As the previous poster above, I can't say too much obviously but I was dissapointed that the referee refused to explain decisions after the game despite being approached in a friendly way by both sets of managers. 

All the best to Dobwalls, good side and set of lads. 

7 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

I didn't think the ref had a bad game until the Dobwall's Lino made a controversial decision to disallow a Wendron goal. From my viewpoint - which admittedly wasn't in line - the ball fell to a Wendron player after a Dobwall's player had tackled another Wendron player.  The lino then decided to enter the field of play and played left back for Dobwall's for a few minutes; in all fairness, he stuck to his guns and seemed adamant he had made the correct decision, so he gave what he saw - which is all you can ask for. 

From that point things got a bit heated. Wendron had another goal, correctly disallowed then Dobwall's went and scored against the run of play. There was some altercation during Dobwall's celebrations. I think one celebrated in front of a Wendron player, earning a second yellow and being sent off. If this is correct then I believe it was the correct decision and warranted a yellow card for bringing the game into disrepute. Hasn't a professional just been penalised for this?

The other red card came during the same incident but I have no idea what it was for?

I only caught the second half and Wendron absolutely bossed it, creating a lot of chances but failing to take them. They were also denied a stone wall penalty from a glaring hand ball. 

Dobwalls looked dangerous on the break though and obviously did something right being 3 up at half time. 

Such a shame as it was a throughly entertaining game and not at all an ill tempered affair. 

As the previous poster above, I can't say too much obviously but I was dissapointed that the referee refused to explain decisions after the game despite being approached in a friendly way by both sets of managers. 

All the best to Dobwalls, good side and set of lads. 

Thanks for the hospitality and great food after the game. First time I have been to Wendron and what a good set up, all the best for the rest of the season