Cornwall Football Forum

West Cornwall / Carharrack

Trelawny Premier League Title  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this years Trelawny Prem?

• West Cornwall FC
    • Carharrack AFC

Caharrack AFC ALL THE FRIGGIN WAY!!!!!!!! I used 2 play 4 TMS but got kicked out lol so who wants to cum ave a bash! iz there a burger stand at the club or shall i bring my own £1.99 disposable BBQ! U bring the chicken i'll bring the BBQ sauce lol :D or nandos sauce up 2 you lol just let me know! PEACE

Was unsure about this vote about 2 weeks ago when both teams were level on points each week but in the last week or so carharrack have pushed and now have a game in hand and already above them. Even if West Cornwall win tomorrow I still think carharrack will go on to win the league. 

Yea I agree, we clawed a 10 points deficit back only to stutter over the last 2 games. It's in Carharracks hands now, we have to win tomorrow, then beat yourselves Tuesday to give us a chance, if only to put them under a bit of pressure. A draw for them tomorrow is enough for them, but it's not in their nature to sit back which makes for a great fixture. Whatever happens, it's been a great season, always good to see leagues go down to the very end rather than sides running away with it. Considering we weren't being talked about as potential winners I think we've done alright. Just gone about our business. Anyway, good luck tomorrow and whatever happens, leave it all out there! 

Caharrack AFC ALL THE FRIGGIN WAY!!!!!!!! I used 2 play 4 TMS but got kicked out lol so who wants to cum ave a bash! iz there a burger stand at the club or shall i bring my own £1.99 disposable BBQ! U bring the chicken i'll bring the BBQ sauce lol :D or nandos sauce up 2 you lol just let me know! PEACE

No burger stand, lucky to have a dugout!! I wouldn't worry too much about a BBQ looking at the forecast. Bring a coat and brolly I reckon!

Think everyone seems to forget that we only got promoted last season and what ever happens tomorrow or on Tuesday it's been a great season for us. It could be our first season without a trophy :-( We will fight to the end as we've always done, stick together and see what happens. You could argue we've over achieved. Next season is a big one for the club for its progression that's our main aim you can talk about us for next season as we look to get promotion. As for tomorrow everything will be left on the field and we will respect and shake hands at the end off the game. Just want to wish the lads good luck can't wait for a few beers 

Yea I agree, we clawed a 10 points deficit back only to stutter over the last 2 games. It's in Carharracks hands now, we have to win tomorrow, then beat yourselves Tuesday to give us a chance, if only to put them under a bit of pressure. A draw for them tomorrow is enough for them, but it's not in their nature to sit back which makes for a great fixture. Whatever happens, it's been a great season, always good to see leagues go down to the very end rather than sides running away with it. Considering we weren't being talked about as potential winners I think we've done alright. Just gone about our business. Anyway, good luck tomorrow and whatever happens, leave it all out there! 

This will be the game to watch tomorrow and I have to say that what ever the outcome having the quality of players scattered throughout the Trelawny Prem has made it intetesting.

I truly hope that by next season you will have the infrastruture as a club to push on to where you deserve to be.

Obviously I will be cheering on Carharrack (heard that Holmans will be cheering us on too) but will look forward to a pint in the pub afterwards.  ;-) 

Cheers all x

I've said from the start it'll be carharrack Holmans and west cornwall battling it out and that seems to be the case, it's been a great season all round, more footballing sides than ever in junior football which is great to see, and a pleasure to play in!! 

To say you've over achieved is nonsense, we all know west Cornwall are good enough to be competing at the highest junior standard and have proved that with there cup successes and promotions over the last 5 years. 

Good luck to both teams tomorrow. I shall be there enjoying it knowing our season is finally over and we can start preparing fully for next season :) 

Having checked the table you have to fancy Carharrack, I watched them a few times at the start of the season and thought they were different class, too good for the standard and will be interesting to see how they do in combo next year. Credit to West Cornwall for sticking with them but in the end quality will see the reds through! #COYC - thats what i see on twitter anyway!

West Cornwall have had a great season but no better then what was expected and the same applies to Holmans. Carharrack in my opinion would of walked this league if they had not lost 4-5 players a third of the way through. Jake Shaw and Bradley Leivers who went travelling in Australia until August and were arguably there best players when they left and Carharrack had won every game up until that point. Luke Osborne and Connor Powell who have been away at uni for half the season and James Daniel who got a job in Oxford. Plus having no less then seven keepers this season including two defenders stepping into goal on different various occasions. I know it's amateur football and everyone loses players etc. Should be a good game today and I'm looking forward to watching, whatever the result today I expect Carharrack to win the league. 

No relegation from West Div this year , so Perranporth are safe !

depends on Wendron taking promotion and Troon coming down to Trelawny how many teams will be in Combination next season .

dont forget Probus have enquired about a sideways move to , so lots of things to be sorted yet .

maybe possible that 1-2 Trelawny teams get promoted .

No relegation from West Div this year , so Perranporth are safe !

depends on Wendron taking promotion and Troon coming down to Trelawny how many teams will be in Combination next season .

dont forget Probus have enquired about a sideways move to , so lots of things to be sorted yet .

maybe possible that 1-2 Trelawny teams get promoted .

Perranporth are coming into the Combo was confirmed on SWPL last night.

West Cornwall 2-2 Carharrack 

Good turn out today, and the rain held off for long enough for everyone! Carharrack went 1-0 up, header from long throw. We almost pulled one back but for Danny Burrows pulling off a superb stop at his near post. Not much to talk about other than that really.

2nd half much of the same, both teams cancelling each other out. We managed to pull one back from another throw that wasn't cleared, and Jowan Kitchener managed to prod home from close range. We had our tails up then, and started to gain more confidence, and Jowan Kitchener put us ahead after chesting down a cross and just beating the keeper to the ball. Carharrack had to have a go then, which they did, but we felt we could hold on given the fact that not many chances were coming from either end. They had another long throw which was glanced towards the far post, I (keeper) dived across, only for the ball to hit the post, hit myself, then roll back in to make it 2-2. To be fair, both sides pushed for a winner, which suited us more, but wasn't to be and it finished 2-2. Not a lot between the sides over the whole season really. Everyone shook hands and wished each other well at the final whistle, which is how it should be. Great to see the turnout at the pub from both sides too! 

Unfortunately that was my last game today, just a quick Thanks to all I've played with and against over the last 15 or so years. At least I can say I scored on the way out!!! 

All the best to Carharrack for the rest of the season, will be worthy winners if and when they do it, but glad we've given them a run for their money and they haven't run away with it! All the best for next season guys!

Was a good game, was ours first half and yours for the second...for me my man of the match was Daniel Burrows. 

Always a pleasure to play you guys, as far as I was concerned you were the competition...this season. As I have said before,I truly hope that as a team you can get the support needed to go forward because you all deserve it. 

Thanks for the hospitality after the game and as  discussed at the Railway....a couple of friendlies out of season..

All the very best West Cornwall x

Rach Lewis

Carharrack..for as long as I live and breath. X

Having watched plenty of Trelawny Prem football this season I must say that Carharrack would be deserved winners for the title, they have quality in abundance.. The boy Rowe at the back is a quality ball playing defender and i'm sure a few of the bigger clubs will be keeping their eyes on him!

I'd also like to add that i've been really impressed with the job Matt Kemp has done at Threemilestone, with all of their squad moving to Carharrack it was never going to be easy for them to rebuild! The way he's got his players playing a attacking game of football is really positive and exciting! With a couple new signings plus keeping the likes of Liam Patterson, Dean Robins and Adam Rosevear for example, i'm sure they will be challenging for the title next season #COYS