Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Knock Out Cup Final

The KMD Developments Duchy Knock Out Cup Final takes place on Bank Holiday Monday (as it has done for the last ten years or so) May 4th at Boscawen Park, St Dennis kick off 6.30pm 

The finalists are St Stephen (Premier) and Biscovey (Div One) and they will be competing for the John Cudlipp Memorial Trophy.

Admission will be £2 per adult. Bar and snacks will be available. Extra time and penalties if necessary.

The match officials will be Colin Spence, Graham Rugg and Duncan Stevenson.

A crowd in excess of 200 braved the pretty miserable conditions to see St Stephen beat Biscovey 3-2 in the final last night.

The players plaques were presented by Will Kitto MD of the sponsors KMD Developments and the John Cudlipp Memorial Trophy was presented by John's widow, Carol.

Always an occasion for fond memories of our good friend John, 

A big 'thank you' to the St Dennis FC members who did an excellent job hosting the final.

Sorry to ask again - but if anyone was present at the game and took a photo of the winners after the match on a camera, rather than a smartphone, any chance of having a copy sent to me for use in a future CORNISH SOCCER  publication please? Email address is davedeacon@cornishsoccer.info

John Paul Le masurier our secretary at st Stephens pretty much filmed the whole match n got all the goals as well dave,it's on you tube if u can b bothered to look or u can find it on Facebook under st Stephen AFC it's a public group n there's loads of pics on there if that's better for u???

I especially liked the one he did against Lostwithiel Grosey. Funny it never got much of a mention on the forum! Lol. I guess we must be your bogey team. Just a shame we've had shit results in other matches. You guys going East Cornwall now?

Fair enough Grosey. I think if Lostwithiel can get a bit more consistency then they should go close next season. I know its nice to win the league for promotion but I still thought you would have gone East Cornwall and you finished runners-up after all.

Not sure what i'm doing next season yet but may see you on the veterans field!!

Prynners greedy dave,he wants the lot b4 he goes ecl,think every one in the team wud rather go ecl as well cos of all the local games,nanpean,Roche,st awful,Blazey,meva,etc 

also this is a different team n manager to that which withdrew last time

Edited by davegrose