Cornwall Football Forum

Millbrook do it at last !!!

Well done to Millbrook who held high flying St Dennis to a goaless draw and the clean sheet was their first in the league for 29 games and were the last team in all three divisions to keep a clran sheet.Well done to Ryan and his team for keeping going when thet were taking some real hammerings . Lets hope next season is a success.

Well done to Millbrook who held high flying St Dennis to a goaless draw and the clean sheet was their first in the league for 29 games and were the last team in all three divisions to keep a clran sheet.Well done to Ryan and his team for keeping going when thet were taking some real hammerings . Lets hope next season is a success.

​Yes well done Swiggsy!

Thanks guys,

I'm not going to lie it's been a very tough season and a massive learning curve for everyone at the club, but the lads all worked really hard today with a massively depleted squad and deserve huge credit. It may only be a point but it felt like a huge result today.St Dennis clearly had an off day and possibly suffering a hangover effect from their great result midweek and it wasn't pretty from us but we managed to keep our shape and as has been stated register our first clean sheet of the season!!

We took 'parking the bus' to the extreme but I'll take a well earnt point!

One more game to go then roll on preseason and we'll come back stronger and hopefully compete more effectively week in week out next season!

Swiggsy

Thanks guys,

I'm not going to lie it's been a very tough season and a massive learning curve for everyone at the club, but the lads all worked really hard today with a massively depleted squad and deserve huge credit. It may only be a point but it felt like a huge result today.St Dennis clearly had an off day and possibly suffering a hangover effect from their great result midweek and it wasn't pretty from us but we managed to keep our shape and as has been stated register our first clean sheet of the season!!

One more game to go then roll on preseason and we'll come back stronger and hopefully compete more effectively week in week out next season!

Swiggsy

Will you still be in the west next season? 

Millbrook has changed massively in the last few years. Going from SWPL to ECPL to SWPL. Why?

Ryan Swiggs. He has stuck by many at the club and not only to Ryan but to the many young players he has at the club.

Its hard in just 1 season to get a young team together. You need backing, trust, future optimistics and Ryan believes in that. To lose 10-1 at Bude Town and draw 0-0 at St Dennis, gunning for the title, draw your own conclusions.

I hope Millbrook remain in D1W due to reputation and future than league standings etc...

Thanks guys,

Swiggsy

Will you still be in the west next season? 

Sorry I don't understand your post marypoppins?

Do you mean me personally or the club? It was my understanding that there is no relegation this year and the club has worked very hard to return to this level of football over the last 5 or so years so no plans to drop away. 

As for me I'm not going anywhere a great deal of hard work has gone in by people both on and off the field to get back to this level and I feel personally I made huge mistakes and didn't prepare anywhere near well enough in the closed season for the challenge we had to face this year. 

I am already looking to rectify those mistakes and better prepare for the forthcoming season.

Millbrook has changed massively in the last few years. Going from SWPL to ECPL to SWPL. Why?

Ryan Swiggs. He has stuck by many at the club and not only to Ryan but to the many young players he has at the club.

Its hard in just 1 season to get a young team together. You need backing, trust, future optimistics and Ryan believes in that. To lose 10-1 at Bude Town and draw 0-0 at St Dennis, gunning for the title, draw your own conclusions.

I hope Millbrook remain in D1W due to reputation and future than league standings etc...

Didn't you leave them half way through the season Mr Cornwall? 

• 2 weeks later...