Cornwall Football Forum

GLYNN HOBBS-THE DEBATE

According to THE HERALD, Plymouth Parkway have re-signed the notorious Glynn Hobbs. Hobbs was jailed for some 3 years and 2 months, for what was described as a sustained, cowardly and savage attack. He has served just 16 months!

One only has to look at the comments on THE HERALD page to read how some people feel about HOBBS.

All very well for Gez Baggott to state he will personally kick HOBBS down the road at the first sign of trouble.

I suppose if he puts in another tackle similar to that on TOby Clark of Saltash not too long ago then of course people will say he should never have been allowed back. However, there is no law preventing him from playing and he has served his time so give him the opportunity to mess it up for himself if he so wishes. Good talent, always a good sight to see when Glyn is at his best against a defender who isn't afraid of his reputation. Jamie Evans springs to mind.

I rarely comment to statements on this site through fear of us getting away from the main point of it, which in my mind it to discuss football matters. The lad has served his time and should now be able to start his rehabilitation back into society, if football is one of the things that can assist in that then why shouldn't he be allowed to play.  We all know what a skilful player the lad is.  I for one have spent many hours watching local football and he has to be in one of the top few talents that have graced the SWPL.