Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL v ELBURTON VILLA - WEDS 8TH OCT 7.30pm KO - CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION

Just a personal view Keith B, have never enjoyed watching one sided games and believe me I watched enough of them when Truro City were playing in the Western Leagues.

VJ we were certainly given a lesson on how to prepare for a game on Tuesday night but in the 2nd half any neutrals would have had trouble identifying which team was which even with City only having 10 players. Apologies to anyone I have offended mentioning TCFC on the CSWPL forum but just wished to answer the couple of comments.

Please Somersetspur, get over yourself.

If you really believe that having played a handful of games in a struggling Truro side in the Southern League last season constitutes being able to 'stroll' the SWPL league this season, then clearly you are delusional.

The SWPL is ladened with good clubs with good quality footballers and therefore there is no 'stroll' in the SWPL.

If you are purely paying compliment to the ex-Truro players then credit to you, but I'm not sure as a Truro City supporter, that you are well enough positioned to suggest St Austell are bound to 'stroll' the SWPL this season.

Good luck to your Truro this season though and let's hope we all share some form of success along the way in one form or another.

Please Somersetspur, get over yourself.

If you really believe that having played a handful of games in a struggling Truro side in the Southern League last season constitutes being able to 'stroll' the SWPL league this season, then clearly you are delusional.

The SWPL is ladened with good clubs with good quality footballers and therefore there is no 'stroll' in the SWPL.

If you are purely paying compliment to the ex-Truro players then credit to you, but I'm not sure as a Truro City supporter, that you are well enough positioned to suggest St Austell are bound to 'stroll' the SWPL this season.

Good luck to your Truro this season though and let's hope we all share some form of success along the way in one form or another.

I know all those Truro players.All very good as well.Also know that the Southern League Premier,is of a lot higher quality than the SWPL.

So I am not delusional,to say those players should find this league a doddle.

Liam Eddy is a prime example how many goals has he got,so far.?

And Truro ,have had this old chestnut ,chucked at them a few times.With your wage budget,nothing less than Champions would be satisfactory.

My opinion,of course. :)

Wow a connoisseur of SWPL football and blatantly St Austells accountant also! Don't believe everything you hear SS, otherwise us SWPL followers may start believing all the rumours about Truro City players not being paid up in full by the club!