Cornwall Football Forum

Semi final results

Threemilestone 2-0 Illogan

Ryan Stephens with his 55th in all compotitions this season, and the second was a looping header leaving Shaun carter stranded (own goal) only looked liked there was going to be one winner in this one. A big Well done to illogan for their fantastic season!!!good luck next year to both your promoted sides!!

Great 1st half performance from the Stones last night and they were well justified their 2-0 half time lead. Ryan scored the first after about 25 minutes, Shaun Carter saved his first effort but the rebound fell nicely for Ryan to bang in the rebound from 6 yards. Ten minutes later Bradley Leivers put in a lovely ball from the left wing which i think Aaron Clarke headed into his on own net. 2nd half i was expecting Illogan to come out all guns blazing but a combination of good defendsive work from Tms and a couple of injuries to key players left them a bit flat. The stones saw the game out with only a few scares and could of increased the score at the other end were it not for a couple of good saves from Carter. Had a rough head count before half time and guess about 85 watching. Another great match between the top two sides and enjoyed watching it.

Looks like West Cornwall won tonight so that should make a cracking final next wed at Illogan.

West Cornwall 3-2 Halestown

Bits and pieces performance, good at times and not so good for the rest!! Credit to Halestown who gave their all, defied their league position on that performance. Will need to be a lot better against a very good Tms side! Look forward to meeting you guys on Wednesday!

No they won't, and the others will do nothing in the west division. Both need strengthening.

No doubt they will strengthen both squad's toigtbiw, you wouldnt expect any club to stand still when taking promotion, equally some players may feel they are not up for the step up and stay at the level they are. Very good set up down there, pitch rarely has a game called off and with their team spirit they'll be up for every game. Who would of predicted Redruth to finish where they did? I expect illogan to be pushing for top 6 at least in the combo next season.

I agree with Phil .Illogan would do ok with their current side in combo next year and with inevitable additions and players in existing senior side not making the peninsula team they will do well.several of the junior team have combo experience and tbh the gap in standard of football is between combo and peninsula not trelawney prem and combo as in days gone by.

Surely next year TMS will be greeting it right for promotion ,good young side.

Don't remember slating any-one for not taking the step as you say, rather understood the reasons (financial) for not doing so.

Read the post again, I did say both your teams will need strengthening, you won't do anything with your present teams.

They're ok where they are, but will struggle moving up without improvements. We'll see.