Cornwall Football Forum

Thieves strike at Clijah

Trevenson seconds played Redruth Athletic at Clijah on Saturday getting a hard earned win only to have their smiles wiped off when they got back to the changing rooms to find all their bags had been gone through taking any cash, mobile phones and one lad even had the keys to his car taken!

Not a 100% sure who else was playing there other than Storm seconds but any teams that were playing there if you have Any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Please contact myself on 07764567030 or pm me, it's not the sort of thing you expect at football so please help catch these little bxxxxxxds, most importantly help recover the items as one of the guys had some precious pictures of his kids on his phone which are irreplaceable.

It was storm first team playing trispen on the top pitch next to you and I think caharrack seconds were playing on the bottom pitch. I play for storm and us and trispen were based in the bottom two changing rooms that day. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you guys it won't be the first time but hopefully measures can be taken to ensure its the last! Did you not have a lock on the door?

ALWAYS lock your stuff in the car when at Clijah. Give car keys to somebody there watching you, or leave them in the goalies net. Horrendous news. Really sorry to hear that, and it is not the first time. Thieving little fs. Hope they get caught and you get your stuff back.

this is bang out of order but iam afraid years ago when i played there was a problem at certain grounds and the home team would advise you to keep valuables either out of changing rooms or locked in your car , i even had my wallet stolen when training at my own ground so lads if you have cash or phones leave them safe with someone or locked away in a car its not right but iam afraid the devil looks after his own and the bastards never get caught

As the changing rooms are owned by Cornwall Council surely it is their responsibility to make sure that the locks work on the doors. Normally they have a guy there who could pass a key to the teams who are changing there and then collect them after the game or even lock them himself. Afterall I the teams that play there are charged enough to hire the pitches.

cctv at clijah should have been installed years ago, not interested about the council not affording it, its the usual crap where there concerned take take take. Very sad about the pics on phone that just winds me up even more the little sh-ts. Good luck with the return of the items but i think it could be a waste of time. ps theres a place in the market in redruth that buys old phones as my son sold him one a couple of weeks ago just a thought, might be worth a visit to see if anyone has offered him a phone or several.

The council should provide lockable doors with keys as for the cctv the council can certainly afford it but wont cos it means paying out money and if something where to happen again they would have to look into it and if its found to be their fault they wud av 2 do something about it.

Guest BenTheYeti

You'd think after numerous thefts and the mindless vandalism a short time ago, the Council would have perhaps worked out there might be a slight problem with security..

Terrible thing to happen, hope you all manage to retrieve your valuables and possessions

Exactly n with the shortage of pitches the council can pretty much do as they like

You vote the council members, Football has a big following rally support for an improvement in what they supply in your community, and of you don't vote don't complain. Pester and force those that represent you to get off their butts.

Exactly n with the shortage of pitches the council can pretty much do as they like

You vote the council members, Football has a big following rally support for an improvement in what they supply in your community, and of you don't vote don't complain. Pester and force those that represent you to get off their butts.

They wud rather close the facilities and build houses if u tried to doit then a lot of clubs wud b homeless so think its a case of leaving valuables in ur car and parking up where ur car can easily be seen.