Cornwall Football Forum

Referees in east cornwall league

Have to say the standard of referees in the east cornwall leagues is very poor. Seems to be many on these forums, praising each other and being nicey nicey to all clubs, but the standard seems to be way below the par. We have the odd couple who are good, but the rest fail to meet the standards. What people forget is that these guys give up there time yes, but they get paid to do so. in which case you expect a decent service.

Totally disagree with Brendon, who is obviously trying to stir the sh*t again. The referees we've seen this year have been superb, and I can only complain about one performance, from a very good ref who clearly had a bad day at the office - wish my players were as consistent!

Bit like the players really as well - some good, some not so good.

I agree with Dave. How can we expect referee's to be perfect, when as players at this level we are far from it?! I know I am probably the first to have a go at a referee but when I was a manager I tried to take a more level headed approach. Lets face it we see genuine mistakes week after week at Premiership level, so how can we expect refs at our level to get everything right?

I do like to have a good bit of banter with referees such as THE LYNX AFFECT, karaoke and Gary Cornish etc This makes for a great game and a good weekend!

At the end of the day....does our standard of football mean we will get the best referees? If a player is shining in this division....he has the chance to step up and most take it. It's the same with referees, if they are interested in the route of progression, the good ones will step up to higher leagues. That's not a pop at the ones still in our league, some if them are very good up and coming refs, some have been there and now stepped down for personal reasons, some are relative to the standard we are at.

Of course in every game decisions are going to get the backs up of one team, but as said earlier, players are not perfect either. Every ref deserves the chance to ref the game as fair as he can. I do realise that at times some refs can have blatant bad days at the office, but oh well are we to pull them to pieces? Chances are next time they ref your team, somewhere in the back of their mind they remember the grief you gave them and it may bite you on the bum!

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, April 20, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, April 20, 2013 - No reason given

I have enough mates who are real mates,not people who are on here pretending to be your mate so you give them decisions in big games dddddddddddooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.

I can't understand why idiots like Brendon humf garf and shafts comment on here they make themselves look complete tools.... fellas your not good enough at football to be refereed by better refs!. It's clear to me that tavi didn't have all the decisions go there way so they throwing theirs toys out (yes I'm assuming your all tavi player named above)

Frankie i can assure you i am nothing to do with Tavi although i do admire them for bringing a lot of young players through,unlike Saltash etc who rely on old players,and referees to get them through games,you clearly had a kick in the head obviously from a bad tackle when you were young cause you talk a load of rubbish.

Mate you are so boring,and your crap at footie,so why don t you have early retirement,tell Stuart i will replace you and we will win the league.

Mate you are so boring,and your crap at footie,so why don t you have early retirement,tell Stuart i will replace you and we will win the league.

Humf i must admit i read your posts and think this guy is not for real?

Tonight Humf i totally agree, Frankie is Shafts and the French frog! both talk s++t.