Wadebridge Town 6 - 0 Gunnislake Reserves

Fifth Division
Boscastle Reserves 2 - 3 St. Minver Reserves
North Petherwin Reserves 9 - 2 Duke of Cornwall
Southgate 1 - 2 Veryan
St. Columb Major Reserves LKO St. Newlyn East Reserves
St. Mawgan Reserves 0 - 2 St. Merryn

Welcome inn 0 - LC Phoenix 8

Included a goal from keeper Nick Oldaker from his own penalty area.

Good result for Minver, we're hoping a good cup run will take their eye off the league!

It will not

Good result for Minver, we're hoping a good cup run will take their eye off the league!

It will not

Didn't think it would!

I see that due to your win our game on 27th has been postponed. Bonus for me as I was away.

Looking forward to the game with you, probably in May I assume.

Lamerton 1 - 3 Saltash

The old saying of a game of two half's comes to mind... due to the weather???

Lamerton were two diffedrent teams 1st and 2nd half and maybe should have been 3 maybe 4 up at half time?!? But Saltash defended well against the wind and held out for 0-0 as Lamerton were strong in the 1st half and played some nice football.

How it changed in the 2nd half where Saltash played the better of the football as Lamerton never really got going and Saltash used the wind in their advantage and Lamerton couldn't deal with.

Saltash played a root one ball and it wasn't dealt with for the first, the 2nd was much the same as was the third, this is not to say they were long ball players as they were not by a long means and they played some nice stuff getting in around the Lamerton defence, its just we could not deal with the three long balls that created the goals which is very disappointing. Saltash also created a few good chances to get more goals.

Saltash are a good young footballing side and will do well over the next few years if they all stick together.

Searle got the goal for Lamerton to make it 1-1 but the work rate 2nd half just was not there and Salash deserve their win!

All the best to you lads for the rest of the season

Welcome Inn 0 LC Phoenix 8

After last week's controversy and disappointment, Phoenix found another gear against Welcome Inn and swept them away in a hugely one sided affair. Shaun Cox scored a hat-trick, and there were goals for Nathan Cox, goal keeper Nick Oldaker, Darren Webber, Josh Barron and Harry Marsh- Marsh's was particularly impressive after he hit the ball from range at a tight angle.

Phoenix expected more of a game from Welcome Inn, but will take the three points and the boost to their goal difference with gratitude.

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match Award: Jake Collings- was superb at the back, winning almost every ball and tackle.

Welcome 0 LC Phoenix 8

After already writing a review which seems to have been blocked I will try and be more subtle. Best team won today but what was sour from today was LC Phoenix not coming back after the game, constantly moaning about the slightest thing, a player looking a lot like someone who has played for another team at Par track while we were on the other pitch and finally their man of the match thinking its okay to head butt me after the game, W hat a shame they think this is okay but they are certainly quick to complain if they are hard done by. I apologise if we have it wrong with your player but your actions after the game certainly looked a bit dodgy.

St. Columb Major Reserves 10 - 0 St. Newlyn East Reserves

A devastating twenty minute first half spell effectively made this Duchy Division 5 encounter a non-contest as the home side found themselves six goals ahead with just half an hour on the clock.

Having won the toss, the visitors opted to make the most of the end to end wind in the first half and early encounters demonstrated that it was going to be a long afternoon for the away side as Major settled into their rhythm during the first ten minutes. Dean Dingle, deployed wide on the left, twice found himself in space and was not quite able to make the most of two similar opportunities and the visiting goalkeeper was then forced to make an outstanding point blank save from Jamie Tipton after fine work on the right wing from Luke Worrall.

St. Newlyn East have enjoyed a timely reversal of their fortunes with some excellent wins that have eased them away from a bottom two position, however, they found Major in irrepressible form with Jamie Tipton pulling strings from midfield.

Once John Middleditch's deep swirling cross to the back post was casually nodded home by Tipton from the penalty spot after the visiting defence and goalkeeper had misjudged the flight of the ball, Major's intentions were clear and what followed was a highlight of the season for Nigel Worrall's men as the goals just kept coming.

Midfielder Simon Mitchell added a fine second when he neatly collected a long ball with a fine touch, stretching out a boot to neatly tuck the ball past the stranded goalkeeper and four more emphatic finishes in the space of ten minutes demonstrates that the home side were in no mood to let up. The visitors were finding it difficult to cope with Major's quick passing and movement and Jamie Tipton managed to turn inside his marker and tuck the ball away at the near post from the corner of the area for his second and it was only a matter of minutes before Tipton had his hat-trick goal. After more impressive work on the right from Worrall, Tipton was found at the back post with a lofted cross and despite the best efforts of the goalkeeper, Tipton leant back and smashed a thunderous volley into the goal via the crossbar to complete a rapid-fire trio.

Not to be outdone, Dean Dingle, who was released with a fine through ball, executed an outrageous early strike from thirty yards, easing the ball over the Newlyn East goalkeeper who in truth did little wrong all afternoon.It seemed that it would be a matter of time before Worrall got his name on the scoresheet and the goods were delivered as Dingle's left wing cross was collected by Worrall, who turned his defender to dispatch a fine finish from the edge of the area.

The visitors were shellshocked and struggled to gain any momentum, despite lots of dedication and commitment the game had swung firmly in the favour of the home side, although the closing ten minutes of the half settled into a slightly more realistic tempo as the hosts took their foot off the gas, with goalkeeper Eliot Clarke completely untroubled during the opening period with the Major back four encouraging their team-mates to build from the back, with holding midfielder David Menhenitt and Simon Mitchell giving Tipton and Josh Turner the space and time to take the game to their opponents.

Major started the second half with purpose and it wasn't long before a seventh goal was added as Jay Tipton won a free kick and watched his set piece spilled into the path of Worrall, who made no mistake from close range as the difficult playing conditions became even more apparent. The home side were guilty of missing a hat-full of chances with Tipton and Dingle failing to dispatch gilt-edged opportunities from close range; defender Craig Hayes was unfortunate to see his close range header chalked off for another incident in the crowded goalmouth and the Newlyn East goalkeeper made another fine point-blank save from Mitchell's powerful header.

Three late substitutions gave the home side much needed impetus as the tough conditions forced Newlyn East deep into their own territory and Tipton was unlucky not to add a fourth when he twisted and turned through the visiting defence to clip a low strike against the post. An eighth goal was finally forthcoming as Tipton added his fourth, steering the ball past the goalkeeper having been allowed to exploit the space in behind the Newlyn East defence.

Substitute Olly Kernick added a late ninth goal, driving a low volley on the turn into the bottom corner from fifteen yards and it the dying moments Worrall deservedly completed his hat-trick when Dingle's driven cross from the left evaded the defensive line for Worrall to slide in at the far post to complete the scoring.

Man of the match - Jamie Tipton.

No moaning compared to anyother game, and the game was played in good spririts generally- most of the Welcome Inn players are a delight to play against. The real problem was the 'senior' player who goaded some of the Phoenix players and aggressively followed one of the players after the game, hurling abuse at him and saying some really vile things that said more about his problems than anyone from the Phoenix team. He followed the Phoenix player, not the other way round. He spoilt things at the final whistle, and a man his age you would think shoud know better. And the stupid comments made by the same player about Phoenix playing a ringer was laughable and made this guy look like a very sore loser.

Welcome 0 LC Phoenix 8

After already writing a review which seems to have been blocked I will try and be more subtle. Best team won today but what was sour from today was LC Phoenix not coming back after the game, constantly moaning about the slightest thing, a player looking a lot like someone who has played for another team at Par track while we were on the other pitch and finally their man of the match thinking its okay to head butt me after the game, W hat a shame they think this is okay but they are certainly quick to complain if they are hard done by. I apologise if we have it wrong with your player but your actions after the game certainly looked a bit dodgy.

Welcome 0 LC Phoenix 8

I agree with notbitter, it's a shame to see someone on here throwing wild accusations without backing it up. Phoenix today were not offered by Welcome Inn anywhere to go back to by any of your officials. If we had we probably wouldn't have done because the scenes were unsavoury at the end and probably would have continued at the pub. In regards to the so-called ringer you mention, you happened to pick on our captain who has not only played every game for us this season but has also scored 6 in the last 7.

Please also remember it was Welcome Inn who had two players booked today. In addition I think you also had 2 players sent off against St Minver at home earlier in the season when losing.

It seems that Welcome Inn is the most ironic team name in Duchy football.

St.Minver 5 AFC Bodmin 1

As Manager I have been disappointed in recent weeks at the teams dip in form, we had been winning but with under par performances from most players. We needed a massive improvement to progress in the cup, and players stepped up to the mark. Minver were in control from the start and an early penalty saved from Northcott, AFC then took the lead against the run of play. 1 Nil down Minver continued to press. The defence of Andrews (keeper) Richard Simmons, Dan Haynes, Dayll Beesley and Sam Cleeve was solid. This gave the team confidence to put Afc under the cosh, Northcott made up for the Pen missed when header from a corner was deflected in for 1-1. From this Minver never looked back another Pen and no mistake from Chris Simmons 2-1, Chris was having a great game and took a well placed header for his 2nd and Minvers 3rd at half-time. AFC tried to pick up and get on terms but the killer blow came when Ben Beesley free kick was fumbled by the keeper right into the path of Northcott 4-1 and there was no way back for AFC.

Then came shock and dismay (a very sad day for Minver) Jason Keatley came off the bench to score his first goal of the season (never hear the end of this).

To be fair AFC struggled to get to grips with the Minver tempo from the off. Great bunch of lads.

It was also a polished performance from the very tried and tested man in middle Gary Cornish.

Good day at the office from all concerned, need to be maintained for the rest of the season.

Sharps Brewery MOTM Richard Simmons.

Welcome 0 LC Phoenix 8

Have to completely disagree with you, as stated by green army, firstly we weren't offered back anywhere so what are you supposed to do? Secondly you don't help yourself throwing wild accusations around that 1 of our players has been playing for another which I can clarify is 100% incorrect and thirdly if this so called head butting did occur you want to take a good long hard look at yourself and wonder why you may have upset our centre half! You've failed to state in your piece why exactly the scenes afterwards turned unsavoury and that was down to disgusting comments made by yourself! This shouldn't reflect on the other 9/10 lads in the welcome inn team who were actually able to take the defeat on the chin and were pleasant to play against on both occasions this season.

Welcome 0 LC Phoenix 8

nice to see your team are backing you up on this one hahahahaha and as for this supposed player playing for someone else your goon that ran the line second half (the one who looked like he pumped himself full of drugs for years) told me the player had played for biscovey the week before. Yeh cool story bro he scored for us that week in a 1-1 draw do your research you tool, shame really because i thought most of your lot were good lads. You need to think about what you said here really as its pretty hypocritical

Duchy 2 - Lanreath 1 - 2 Lostwithiel

The scoreline suggests a close game but in reality this was anything but. Lostwithiel dominated the game from start to finish in atrocious conditions with sweeping rain, howling wind, a sodden pitch and dense fog!

The surface in fairness was pretty decent but as the game progressed more standing water appeared making it very difficult for all concerned. Lostwithiel played with the wind in the first half and bossed the game, keeping the ball well but disappointing in the final third. A few long range efforts tested the Lanreath keeper but generally all Lostwithiel's good play was coming to nothing. Lanreath were resolute in defence and showed great determination with backs to wall stuff. Eventually the deadlock was broken when James Hutchings cut in to finish cleverly into the far corner. Half time and the score was 0-1, although not enough in view of the dominance.

The second half started much the same despite the away side going against the wind. but 5 minutes into the half Lanreath were thrown a lifeline. The ball was played back by Ryan Morcom in the left back position to his defensive colleague Kai Stone who took a swipe to clear the ball down the field but a bobble and slice saw the ball squirm away leaving the pacey striker to run through towards goal. Stone brought him down on the edge of the box to concede a free-kick and received a yellow card. The resulting free-kick was struck low and hard, deflecting off Kevin Morcom for an unfortunate own goal. Up til now this was the only shot on goal from the home side and certainly were not deserving of being level. The incident triggered a back lash of criticism from the majority of the Lostwithiel team aimed at the left back for failing to clear the ball at the first opportunity and putting the Stone under enough pressure to make the mistake. Luckily the team got back to business and began to press hard to regain the lead and came very close on a few occasions, particularly with one close range effort which struck the bar and then Hutchings squandering a close range effort on the turn. The corner count was building but time was running out. Lanreath were battling hard to steal an unlikely point but eventually another corner from the right dropped kindly to Hutchings who swivelled and drove the ball home to make it 2-1 to the visitors. The advantage was restored and no more than Lostwithiel had deserved. The game ended and Lostwithiel had claimed the narrow victory but this was a very one sided affair and perhaps in better conditions could have seen a much greater scoreline. The possession was easily 70-30% in Lostwithiel's favour but the conditions made for a bit of a leveller!

Lostwithiel go into their final match at home to fellow promotion chasers North Petherwin next week knowing that a victory will see them secure the runners-up spot and promotion to Duchy One.

JJ Jones Duchy Football League from Michael Newcombe

Premier Division leaders AFC St.Austell fell to only a second defeat of the season and to the side that they face in a KO Cup semi-final at Sticker this coming Thursday. They were beaten 2-1 at St.Newlyn East and lose their place at the top as a result. Matt Toms and Mickey Thompson scored for Newlyn with Phil Hutchings getting the visitors reply.

Saltash United retake top spot after a 3-1 win at Lamerton. Josh Fedrick, Lewis Fedrick and Tony Jane scored for Saltash who lead by two points, but have played three more games. Richard Searle was the Lamerton marksman.

Fowey United kept alive their hopes of retaining the title with a 5-0 win at St.Columb Major. The first half was quite even. Fowey had a goal disallowed after twelve minutes, but went on to score the only goal of the half six minutes later when Anthony Hillman took advantage of some sloppy home defending. Major started brightly after the restart and were awarded a penalty. Martin Atkinson stepped up, but missed the target and the home heads visibly dropped. In the fifty-fifth minute Fowey broke away and Josh Frampton doubled their lead. Another breakaway led to Hillman’s second and within a minute the game was secured when Rory Barnicle went clean through to score. Frampton wrapped up the scoring in the seventieth minute.

Mevagissey hit St.Mawgan for five without reply. Adam Trudgian gave them a fifth minute lead and the contest was effectively over three minutes later when Chris Dingle converted a penalty. Dingle notched a second penalty in the seventy-second minute with Ryan Morcom coming off the bench to score the fourth. Miles Gardner completed the scoring just before the final whistle.

Torpoint Athletic won comfortably 5-2 at St.Cleer. Charlie Coates and James Colwill scored the St.Cleer goals.

Biscovey claimed a last minute winner to stay clear at the top of Division One. Visitor’s Looe contributed to a good match and were a little unfortunate not to get a point from the game as they went down 4-3. Biscovey started well and Alex Woodcock gave them a fifth minute lead from close range. A good football move involving three players led to the host’s second with Frank McAvoy hitting a good strike from just inside the box. Looe were at sixes & sevens at this stage, but gained a lifeline when some indecisive defending allowed Josh Thornton to supply a good finish. Within a minute Biscovey replied with a strong run down the right flank and finish from Martyn Jones. Looe came back with a carbon copy goal to their first, this time struck home by Robbie Spencer and just before half time leveled when Matt Barton tussled with a defender and hit the equaliser. The second half ebbed and flowed and could have easily gone either way. With a draw really the fairest result, there was a sting in the tail and after a break through the middle McAvoy bagged his second.

Polperro may have blown their title chances after going down 3-2 at home to next to bottom Week St.Mary who climb out of the bottom two as a result. Colin Wilson and Dan Sharp scored for Polperro, but a Kieran Cunningham brace and a Gavin Aplin goal revives Week’s prospect of escaping the drop.

Grampound slumped to a fourth successive home defeat beaten 2-1 by St.Dominick. This was a good game of end-to-end football played on a slick surface. The home side had the majority of the play, but fell behind five minutes before half time when Karl Whitehead found himself unmarked just in front of goal. Grampound were level five minutes after the restart, but there was controversy in the incident leading to the goal. Shane weeks was about to equalise when he was taken out in the box. The referee awarded the penalty, but didn’t send the defender off to the dismay of the home supporters. Weeks put away the penalty. Saints claimed the points in the sixty-fifth minute when a corner was palmed by the Grampound keeper into the back of Lee Budge and it went in for an own goal.

Godolphin Atlantic beat Maker with Rame 3-0. Josh Fearon scored a brace with Ryan Martin adding their other goal.

North Petherwin have kept the Division Two title race open for a little longer after their 3-2 win at Sticker. Both teams put on an excellent attacking display on a slick surface at Burngullow Lane. Sticker opened the scoring with an angled shot into the top corner of the net from martin Matthews. The visitors equalised with a speculative shot from Ryan Julian which went in off the underside of the crossbar. Right on the half time whistle Sticker regained the lead with a Matthews header. North Petherwin didn’t take long after the interval to draw level after the home defence was unable to clear the ball Dan Warring knocking the ball home. The visitors made sure of the points with the final score from Jimmy Werren.

Premier Sixes played very well in their 5-2 defeat of Gerrans & St.Mawes United as they near the end of a disappointing campaign. Martyn Probert gave them the lead, but Gerrans hit back with an Alistair Ross header pulling them level. Karl Olander restored the home lead from the penalty spot and Craig Harvey added a third from within the six-yard box. Sixes were even better after the break and forced two incredible saves out of the Gerrans keeper. Dan Parsonage added a fourth, but Glyn Hitchings pulled a goal back. Probert tied up the points with his second.

Lanreath moved even closer to the drop after losing 2-1 at home to Lostwithiel. James Hutchings scored both visiting goals with Danny Hayward scoring for Lanreath.

St.Stephen now need four points from their last two games to leapfrog Holywell/Cubert Athletic and finish third in Division Three. They beat their rivals for this position 3-1. St.Stephen were the better team throughout, but went into the break a goal down. Holywell had cleared three efforts off the line, but fell behind when a quick break led to a cross for Simon Holmes to head his 38th goal of the season. St.Stephen took control in the second half after an early free kick led to a Ross Dunn equaliser. Curtis Dalby hit a superb free kick, which was probably going in, but brushed the head of a Holywell player on the way and then sixteen-year-old Charlie stone in only his second ever game blasted home their third.

With St.Minver in cup action LC Phoenix moved level on points at the top after a stunning eight-goal thrashing of Welcome Inn. The visitor’s scored at will with Shaun Cox claiming a hat trick, and Nathan Cox, Josh Barron, Darren Webber, Harry Marsh and Nick Oldaker all scoring a goal apiece. The win confirms promotion for the two leaders.

Lanivet Inn are making a late season rally and Chris Jennings and Jason Willis scored a brace apiece in a 6-1 victory at Delabole. Sam Goodswen and Rob Marks completed the visitor’s tally with Mike Barrett getting the home consolation.

Camelford and Tregony shared eight goals, but it doesn’t really help either side and almost inevitably one of these teams will be relegated. Scott Percy scored a brace for Camelford with Shaun Phillips and Jamie Burnett adding their other goals. Adrian Barnes replied with a brace with Kieran Davey and Jake Foster also on target.

North Hill are moving in on the Division Four title after a 6-1 win at Mevagissey reserves. They took the lead on twenty-three minutes but back came Jordan Ball with an equaliser. North Hill regained the lead before half time, and the host’s final chance went when they missed a penalty. North Hill were now much in control and stretched their lead before scoring another three in the last ten minutes. Jason Ridgment scored five of their goals with Chris Rockell adding their other.

St.Neot remain in contention after Dan Chapman scored the only goal of their game at St.Teath, but are running out of games.

Lifton dropped two vital points after being held 2-2 at Grampound reserves. Peter Thomas and Ryan Orchard scored for Grampound with Shane Carroll and Ed Horn replying.

Richard Dunstan scored a hat trick and Ryan Brown a brace as Wadebridge Town hammered six without reply against Gunnislake reserves. Fran Riddle completed the scoring.

Pensilva reserves won 5-1 at Torpoint Comrades with Karl Gross hitting a hat trick. Barry McConnell and Nathan Deighton were the other Pensilva scorer’s. Richard Gibson scored the home consolation.

Veryan guaranteed promotion and took an important step to the Division Five title with a 2-1 success at Southgate Seniors. Justin Trebilcock scored both visiting goals with Dan Gregory replying for Southgate.

St. Columb Major reserves overwhelmed St.Newlyn East reserves with Jamie Tipton scoring four goals and Luke Worrall a hat trick in a 10-0 win. In fairness to the visitors they never gave up, but faced a rampant home side. Simon Mitchell, Dean Dingle and Ollie Kernick completed the scoring.

St.Minver reserves are making a late charge and improved their prospects with a 3-2 win at Boscastle reserves. After a dull goalless first half, Boscastle opened the scoring with a goal from Dean Favreau. St Minver equalised with a twenty-five yard free kick from Brian Kelly, but Dean Favreau soon restored the host’s lead. St Minver then went down to ten men when the referee gave a second yellow to their Captain, Brian Kelly. The away team were looking a defeated side at this stage, but Ben Cleave lobbed the keeper from thirty yards to equalise and, then in stoppage time St Minver were awarded a free kick. Ryan Butler stepped up and made it 3-2.

Sam Stockdale and Scott Baker scored a brace apiece as North Petherwin reserves thrashed Duke of Cornwall 9-2. Paul Penny, Kenny Channing and Lee Robinson completed the home scoring with Darren Cook and Mark Nagle replying for Duke.

St.Merryn won 2-0 at St.Mawgan reserves with Josh Dark and Allen on target.

St.Minver set an intriguing Bodmin Sports Trophies two-legged derby semi-final with Padstow United after easing past AFC Bodmin 5-1 in the quarter-final. St.Minver started much quicker after recent weeks of slow starts. Top scorer Jason Northcott had an early penalty saved, but Minver looked in control until a free kick was put away with a great header by AFC. Northcott headed a corner, which was deflected in for an equaliser, and then a hand ball saw Minver's second penalty. This time Chris Simmons made no mistake to give Minver a 2-1 lead. Simmons headed home his second to stretch the lead. The second half saw AFC try to get back in the game but Northcott hit home one that came off the keeper. Minver killed the game off with an unlikely scorer in Jason Keatley 5-1. The game was a credit to both teams, well attended and with a great referee in Gary Cornish.

Top scorers list correct up to last weekends round of matches

PLAYER CLUB LEAGUE GOALS CUP GOALS TOTAL Simon Holmes HOLYWELL/CUBERT (3) 36 1 37 Jason Northcott ST.MINVER (3) 35 35 Jack Bray-Smith GORRAN (4) 29 4 33 Justin Trebilcock VERYAN (5) 25 4 29 Shaun Keeble TINTAGEL (4) 23 5 28 Colin Wilson POLPERRO (1) 26 1 27 Liam Jones PELYNT (1) 21 5 26 Charlie Mooney VERYAN (5) 20 5 25 John Murt PADSTOW (2) 22 3 25 Tony Jane SALTASH UNITED (P) 21 3 24 James Hutchings LOSTWITHIEL (2) 21 3 24 Sam Stockdale NORTH PETHERWIN RES (5) 20 4 24 Liam Dent ST.NEWLYN EAST (P+5) 20 3 23 Adam Gregory ST.NEOT (4) 23 23 David Crawford BODMIN SAINTS (P) 22 22 Matthew Brookes LC PHOENIX(3) 22 22 Dean Dingle DUKE& ST.COLUMB MAJOR RES (5) 21 1 22 Kevin Allen ST.MERRYN (5) 20 1 21 Phil Hutchings AFC ST.AUSTELL (P) 16 5 21 Kyle Tippett PADSTOW (2) 16 5 21 Dean Seville TREGREHAN MILLS (5) 19 1 20 Lee Hawkins SALTASH UNITED (P) ST.DOMINICK (1) 17 3 20 Josh Frampton FOWEY UNITED (P) 18 2 20 Josh Fedrick SALTASH UNITED (P) 19 19 Tom Wyman SOUTHGATE (5) 18 1 19 Luke Worrall ST.COLUMB MAJOR RES (5) 14 4 18 Matt Spry ST.STEPHEN (3) 15 3 18 Sam Leaney FOXHOLE (2) 18 18 Richard James MEVAGISSEY P&4) 18 18 Jamie Robinson FOXHOLE (2) 17 17 Jason Ridgment NORTH HILL (4) 17 17 Robbie Spencer LOOE TOWN (1) 16 1 17 Bobby Lee-Johns VERYAN (5) 14 2 16 Sam Bullen PROBUS (P) 13 2 15 Sam Rogers PENSILVA (1) 12 3 15 Ashley Rescorla ST.MERRYN (5) 12 3 15 Harry Marsh LC PHOENIX(3) 13 2 15 Matt Barton LOOE TOWN (1) 15 15 Martyn Jones BISCOVEY (1) 13 1 14 Ryan Orchard GRAMPOUND (4) 12 2 14 Martyn Probert PREMIER SIXES (2) 13 1 14 Graham O'Neill TORPOINT ATHLETIC (P) 14 14 Jordan Swinney CALLINGTON (2) 12 2 14 Jamie Martin FOWEY UNITED (P) 14 14 Chris Simmons ST.MINVER (3) 11 2 13 Josh Mitchell PREMIER SIXES (2) 11 2 13 Alex Carter PELYNT (1) 11 2 13 Diogo Reis TREGREHAN MILLS (5) 13 13 Paul Dingle ST.MINVER (3) 9 4 13 Sam Goodswen LANIVET INN (3) 13 13 Kieran Prescott CALLINGTON (2) 13 13

Guest cescfab_4

St Cleer 2-5 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint Goal scorers: Dean Cardew (3), Sam Trethewey (2).

Extremely pleased with the lads after another excellent win having changed our playing style drastically to accommodate the conditions.

The pitch and St Cleer had certainly seen better days and the rain had turned it awfully boggy. The fog that had settled was quite unbelievable and both keepers were unable to see each other!

The game started with both side getting used to the pitch. St Cleer started well have a couple opportunities and scoring with their second with us not closing down the original danger. We managed to create a few half chances in the first half but were unable to convert. We went in at the interval 1-0 down.

With changes made at half time we came out all guns blazing and immediately had St Cleer under pressure, with a goal rightfully disallowed we knew we had chances coming. 20 minutes into the second half we found ourselves 4-1 to the good with 2 goals each for Trethewey and Cardew respectively. St Cleer never gave up and had the score line back at 4-2 with 10 minutes to go. We managed to re-group quickly with Cardew completing his hat-trick.

Hoping this rain can disappear soon as we host Saltash at The Mill on Tuesday. Good luck to St Cleer for their remaining games. Look forward to seeing you next season.

Luke Gibbons. Torpoint Manager.

Gunnislake P - P Altarnun

Gunnislake's pitch was unplayable due to 50% of the pitch having surface water.

Went to switch to St Anns Chapel, same thing, both goal mouths 3 inches of water. Also at the pitch, it was foggy and couldnt see one goal to another. shame really as we have won our last two matches.

Guest cescfab_4

Gunnislake P - P Altarnun

Gunnislake's pitch was unplayable due to 50% of the pitch having surface water.

Went to switch to St Anns Chapel, same thing, both goal mouths 3 inches of water. Also at the pitch, it was foggy and couldnt see one goal to another. shame really as we have won our last two matches.

Sounds like the pitch at St Cleer. Both teams and referee happy to play. Has to be some of the strangest conditions I've played in. More like a horror movie.