ECPL FIXTURES WEDNESDAY 10th April

Premier Division

Plymouth Parkway 2 Bere Alston United 1
Saltash United 1 Millbrook 0

Division One<

Bodmin Town 3 Nanpean Rovers 0
Edgcumbe 2 Callington Town 4
St Stephen 5 St Blazey Gate 0

Bodmin 3 - 0 Nanpean, the scoreline a little unfair on Rovers who probably edged the first period. Bodmin had 2 penalties which were penalties but Rovers never got a penalty when still 0-0 after 30 mins for a clear push in the back from a corner. Bodmin better side 2nd half although the help of a poor referee's performance didn't help Rovers cause. Rovers had a player booked for dissent and a late tackle, Bodmin had a player booked for stamping on a player on the floor in front of the ref. They questioned every decision he gave and argued at everything given against them,but never had a player cautioned for it. Bodmin are a good footballing and physical side and shaded the game, we wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

Referee: Graham Allen 4 at best.

Watched the parkway game and sorry but as a neutral thought they were poor Bere Alston better side and deserved more Ref was below par and missed a lot for both sides! Parkway champions !!!! makes the league look bad not good enough to be crowned champions they've been poor so much this season

Edgcumbe 2 Callington 4

Good game played in wet and windy conditions which Callington edged in the end to take all 3 points. I'm not sure if all the players Callington called upon last night are in their regular side, but if it is they have a good chance of winning it. Certainly a few new faces from last time we played them, hence their improved results since then.

Kilkhampton also looked strong on Saturday, although we were more than a match for both sides I feel and are unlucky to come away with no points from either game.

The season is certainly being decided by who can cope with April the best though due to the horrendous weather in the winter.

On a side note, a thank you to Sean Edge for stepping in after our listed referee failed to turn up, meaning the game could go ahead as scheduled.

Watched the parkway game and sorry but as a neutral thought they were poor Bere Alston better side and deserved more Ref was below par and missed a lot for both sides! Parkway champions !!!! makes the league look bad not good enough to be crowned champions they've been poor so much this season

I will take a fine from the lads for this - but reading this and all the other tosh I have read in recent weeks deserves to be nibbled on now!

Quote from Bere Alston Keeper Jack Dixon after the game on Twitter:

Jack Dixon @JackHdixon 15h

2-1 defeat tonight. Poor surface, poor ref but the better side won. Play them again on Sat at Berey #bouncebackability

Expand Collapse
  • Retweet Retweeted
  • Delete
  • Favorite Favorited
  • More

If we aren't good enough to be Champions then who is.....because we are 11+ points clear of everyone else, so if we are bad then everyone else must be terrible! (Which they are not by the way!)

Last night we might not have been brilliant but we got the job done! That's what its all about at the business end of the season!

Nibble and Rant over!

Way of The Park - I got both of them (Pete Foster)

Plymouth Parkway 2 Bere Alston 1

Good hard match with both teams working hard.

Both teams meet again on Saturday,

Only one person on the field of play that was well below standard - The Ref.

Who got the Parkway goals ?

Fozzi, don't rise to clowns on here!!! If a team who is 11 points clear, top goal scorers in the league, and in a semi final of a cup are poor then I guess we may as well give up!!! There's always going to be people who have their own opinion on here, but most of the time, unfotuanltey, its just filled with garbage and the forum is not what it is meant for!! Hence the rubbish above!!! As stated through out the weeks on of the season on here, this season is the strongest its been for years, so if we are winning it by a country mile we cant be that bad!! Decent headers last night by the way!!

Fozzi, don't rise to clowns on here!!! If a team who is 11 points clear, top goal scorers in the league, and in a semi final of a cup are poor then I guess we may as well give up!!! There's always going to be people who have their own opinion on here, but most of the time, unfotuanltey, its just filled with garbage and the forum is not what it is meant for!! Hence the rubbish above!!! As stated through out the weeks on of the season on here, this season is the strongest its been for years, so if we are winning it by a country mile we cant be that bad!! Decent headers last night by the way!!

Well said Andy! Sometimes you just have to grind out results and win ugly! A win is a win at any time of the season. We did exactly this last season!!

I was at the Parkway v Bere game last night and although Parkway weren't at their best, as Fozzi says 'they got the job done' and just about edged it.

On last night's showing they (Parkway) certainly missed Lewis Young.

The 1st half was pretty scrappy with few chances at either end. Bere had been defending well until they inexplicably left Pete Foster completely unmarked from a corner and he duly headed Parkway in front a couple of minutes before the break.

Bere hadn't learnt their lesson as Foster again rose unchallenged to head home an identical goal within two minutes of the restart.

To be fair Bere then had Jack Dixon to thank for keeping them in the game with three superb saves, whilst Jason Cordice could have reduced the arrears but his low shot (under challenge from Foster) was straight at Ian Evans, who then did well to tip over a dipping effort from Paul Simpson from all of 50 yards.

Andy Harris and Dan Worth both wasted good opportunities for Parkway when well placed and they were almost made to pay for not taking their chances when Chris Bray pulled a goal back for Bere with a fine header from a Paul Simpson corner to set up a nervy last five minutes for the home side.

All in all it was not a championship winning performance from Parkway, but as the saying goes 'the table never lies' and an 11 point gap with five games to go, plus their previous results would indicate that Parkway will run out worthy Champions.

Over the past few games, Bere's performances have belied their lowly League position and with the return of Simpson and Cordice, and games in hand, they should see themselves finish comfortably in mid table, however on the night, with a bit more self belief they could and should have got something out of this game.

If parkway don't beat a team by 4 or 5 goals they are said to have under performed? What rubbish! Parkway are the stand out team in the league this year. Not only do they play great attacking football, but if things aren't up to scratch they are professional and recognise where they have not met their own high standards.... I don't think I recall a parkway post trying to stir things up or criticise everyone else.

Parkway played a decent bere team that always work hard and are not easy to play against, they ground a result out and, even if supposedly not at their best, kept their cool in a tense end of season period to pick up 3 points. A win is a win and I'm sure every other team would take 3 points in any way shape or form at this stage of the season!

Well done parkway and good luck for the run in.

Another good result for callington in difficult wet and windy conditions . players were only bought in to help out due to injuries and work commitments all other results lately and the good form has come from the same squad they have built from the start of the season

Definitely going to be an interesting final few games to see who comes out on top

Way of The Park - I got both of them (Pete Foster)

Plymouth Parkway 2 Bere Alston 1

Good hard match with both teams working hard.

Both teams meet again on Saturday,

Only one person on the field of play that was well below standard - The Ref.

Who got the Parkway goals ?

Thanks Pete , I'll stick a mention in the Parkway v Newquay programme for Saturday .

Edgcumbe 2 Callington 4

Good game played in wet and windy conditions which Callington edged in the end to take all 3 points. I'm not sure if all the players Callington called upon last night are in their regular side, but if it is they have a good chance of winning it. Certainly a few new faces from last time we played them, hence their improved results since then.

Kilkhampton also looked strong on Saturday, although we were more than a match for both sides I feel and are unlucky to come away with no points from either game.

The season is certainly being decided by who can cope with April the best though due to the horrendous weather in the winter.

On a side note, a thank you to Sean Edge for stepping in after our listed referee failed to turn up, meaning the game could go ahead as scheduled.

What happened to the Ref? Why did he not turn up? Martin?

saltash Linesman has been touted on here as a cheat. Have to say thought he was superb up until the point he got joe knight sent off for saying he swore at him, when he didn't. This was probably due to the saltash manager giving him so much stick first half for some of his decisions which didn't go for saltash but were the correct decisions. A bit of advice for the linesman would be, make decisions based on what you see, not because daddy throws his toys out of the pram. A draw would have been a fair result, but spoilt by the linesman decision. Millbrook need to step up to the mark in the coming weeks.

saltash Linesman has been touted on here as a cheat. Have to say thought he was superb up until the point he got joe knight sent off for saying he swore at him, when he didn't. This was probably due to the saltash manager giving him so much stick first half for some of his decisions which didn't go for saltash but were the correct decisions. A bit of advice for the linesman would be, make decisions based on what you see, not because daddy throws his toys out of the pram. A draw would have been a fair result, but spoilt by the linesman decision. Millbrook need to step up to the mark in the coming weeks.

What a load of crap, I was taking the throwing right next to the Lino and the player in question swore using the F word and branded him a cheating C#%T as which you clearly stated he is not! He does an excellent job and does not deserve stick for it!