Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin vs Helston 10/04/13

Without doubt, Bodmin fully deserved the victory.

I did read in a local paper a comment regarding the Helston supporters and their abuse towards Bodmin goalkeeper Kevin Miller. Yes, he was given a "bit of stick", but nothing like the abuse that comes from the "old codgers" within the Bodmin Town supporters who always stand behind the opposition goal. I heard it first hand tonight, totally offensive and embarrassing.

Quite looking forward to the final.

that letter in the independent about the comments of the helston supporters towards kevin Miller in the senior cup final was a joke....good bantered humour waz all it was! and your telling me that a keeper who has played hundreds of games in the football league has not had worse abuse than that! the old codgers who stood behind the goal tonight and at the senior cup final gave our keeper far worse!

I did read in a local paper a comment regarding the Helston supporters and their abuse towards Bodmin goalkeeper Kevin Miller. Yes, he was given a "bit of stick", but nothing like the abuse that comes from the "old codgers" within the Bodmin Town supporters who always stand behind the opposition goal. I heard it first hand tonight, totally offensive and embarrassing.

that letter in the independent about the comments of the helston supporters towards kevin Miller in the senior cup final was a joke....good bantered humour waz all it was! and your telling me that a keeper who has played hundreds of games in the football league has not had worse abuse than that! the old codgers who stood behind the goal tonight and at the senior cup final gave our keeper far worse!

My feelings exactly. What Helston brought to the Cornwall Senior Cup final at Saltash was fantastic. Really good humour and great support for your team.

we have sang a song tonight saying "we cant call you fat we cant call you fat..the independent said we cant calk you fat!!"

My feelings exactly. What Helston brought to the Cornwall Senior Cup final at Saltash was fantastic. Really good humour and great support for your team.

Disagree that Bodmin fully deserved the win. Helston were by far the better team second half and at times ripped Bodmin open. Miller once again was superb for Bodmin but in my opinion Helstons number 8 was stand out player? Young lad looked distraught at the end of the game when the Helston fans sang his name.

Must say that it makes next Tuesdays game at Truro even more interesting

charlie young....agree had a great game

Disagree that Bodmin fully deserved the win. Helston were by far the better team second half and at times ripped Bodmin open. Miller once again was superb for Bodmin but in my opinion Helstons number 8 was stand out player? Young lad looked distraught at the end of the game when the Helston fans sang his name.

Thoroughly agree Pastman. The old codgers who go behind the goals are a discrace to Bodmin FC.

They do my head in with their childish and abusibve language.

What was Krac doing back ?

I thought Helston supporters were brilliant on the day. They were loud, colourful and brought a touch of entertainment to the day. As Dobbie said it was all light hearted banter and more of a mark of respect to Kevin Miller who is still an outstanding keeper. I bet the other 3 teams that were there on that day wish they had the support Helston did as i know the players appreciated it.

Thoroughly agree Pastman. The old codgers who go behind the goals are a discrace to Bodmin FC.

They do my head in with their childish and abusibve language.

What was Krac doing back ?

I think Shane Krac wanted a short breather from football and to get his head back to playing the game.

But when St Austell brought really good humour and good support Pastyman v Saltash in 2009, you slated them???

Nanks , from what I heard and saw last Saturday , a section of your supporters let your club down too. Foul and abusive language and even aggressive . At one stage on the half time whistle they were arguing amonst themselves and a fight could have easily broke out.

The old guy in the stand was at it most of the match ( and you should know ,as that was where you watched the second half from ).

And no , this is not sour grapes , as your team fully deserved the win.

I think bodmin captain and Krac made the difference for them last night. Krac is gobbie but in my opinion a different class. They scored to goals in the first Half that came from our mistakes and we took the game to them in the second half. I don't think there is a massive difference if I'm honest.

As for the fans again they were a credit to helston yeah there are loud but it's only a bit of banter I'm sure the Bodmin players can take it. Plus as mentioned before the old boys behind the goal for Bodmin were mouthy too.. It all adds to the game maybe the language could be kerbed a little. Anyway good luck to Bodmin in the final.

Cup competitions will always favour the underdogs, and even things out. Teams ultimately play better and completely work their socks off when they are expected to lose, and teams who are heavily tipped to win naturally do the opposite. It happens at all levels (Oldham in the FA Cup!)

Bodmin are a class above everyone in the SW Prem, and to say there isn't much difference between your side (3rd in the league below) and theirs (multiple champions of league and cups and excellent run in the Vase) is quite laughable. This isn't posted as a dig towards Helston, as I'm fully aware you have a great set up, and a great bunch of lads. Just believe things will be a lot different if/when you arrive in the Prem (take a look at Newquay for example!)

You maybe right bushy. I can only go on the 2 occasions I have seen them. They are consistently good which we at the moment may not be. I think we can compete at that level as we have shown against other teams in the prem. weather we can do it week in week out is yet to be found out and may not be for another year. So if my comments were a bit hasty I apologise but I can only go on what I have seen

I think we have more than proved that we could compete in the Premier in the next couple of seasons, our team spirit and togetherness is amazing and I have never enjoyed playing football as much as I do now.

As for competing in the Premier division, we have played 7 teams in that league this season. We have won 6, drawn 1 and lost last night against Bodmin. I think all the Helston players will agree that we are more than desperate to play in the league above and see how we get on, win or lose!