ECPL Wednesday 27th March.

Premier Division

Launceston 0 St Dominick 0

Liskeard Athletic 5 Bere Alston United 1

Wadebridge Town 0 Saltash United 1

Division One

St Blazey Gate 2 Roche 1

Liskeard Athletic 5 Bere Alston United 1

Disapointing result for Bere, but a good result for Liskeard.

Bere's goalkeeper played very well and did well to keep the score to only 5.

Liskeard on tonights proformance was the best team that we have played this season - In my opion anyway.

The Referee needs to go back to school and learn how to referee a match, he had a very bad first half.

Good crowd and very friendly on a very cold night. Thanks Liskeard.

I was told 22 by someone else! I'm pretty sure it was around 14 though!

He apparently missed one against Saltash in the first half. Just seemed young and in the second half the Saltash defenders just seemed to stand still with their hands up.... It was pretty strange, didn't make the game a great spectacle!

I'm not a regular at Wadebridge by the way.... That was just what I saw! Ref did ok and probably gave more wadebirdges way which saw Saltash players getting wound up! Both teams played some decent football,Saltash passed it around the back and through the middle nicely.

In my opinion Wadebridge were worth a point though on their second half performance.

If that lad is one of the fairest in the league I don't think I will bother with the ecpl again!

I was told 22 by someone else! I'm pretty sure it was around 14 though!

He apparently missed one against Saltash in the first half. Just seemed young and in the second half the Saltash defenders just seemed to stand still with their hands up.... It was pretty strange, didn't make the game a great spectacle!

I'm not a regular at Wadebridge by the way.... That was just what I saw! Ref did ok and probably gave more wadebirdges way which saw Saltash players getting wound up! Both teams played some decent football,Saltash passed it around the back and through the middle nicely.

In my opinion Wadebridge were worth a point though on their second half performance.

If that lad is one of the fairest in the league I don't think I will bother with the ecpl again!

Well he can't be that bad a lino, I see on mitoo he's got the line for the cup final on sunday

Garf that's your opinion.....For a cheat as some of you say makes me laugh. james has been involved with the Referee's academy in cornwall and now has been asked to join the devon academy and currently referee's games for Plymouth argyle upto the age of 16y. Garf the referees on match days mark there linesman and if James had crap marks he would not of been selected. he has got there on his own merit.

I hate to lose, but i would never for those who know me would insist that James ( my son ) ever cheat!!!!!!!!!! An absolute ridiculous statement :SM_carton: .

teams play well and on days it just doesn't go there way. I and Parks ( wadebridge manager ) were talking throughout the game and thought that both teams were offside an ridiculous amount of times, poor running from the front line and not looking across. gally's flag was up and down like a whores draws as much but am i slagging another cornish academy referee???? NO

I have played for Stews team before when his son was linesman and James is definitely not influenced and very, very honest. I am aware I am not perfect but moaning on here about young referees and linesman is not on. Leave it at the game or in your dressing room if you have to moan at all. Putting off young refs means we will never get rid of the likes of Smithy, Al Johns and Gary C... ;)

Garf that's your opinion.....For a cheat as some of you say makes me laugh. james has been involved with the Referee's academy in cornwall and now has been asked to join the devon academy and currently referee's games for Plymouth argyle upto the age of 16y. Garf the referees on match days mark there linesman and if James had crap marks he would not of been selected. he has got there on his own merit.

I hate to lose, but i would never for those who know me would insist that James ( my son ) ever cheat!!!!!!!!!! An absolute ridiculous statement :SM_carton: .

teams play well and on days it just doesn't go there way. I and Parks ( wadebridge manager ) were talking throughout the game and thought that both teams were offside an ridiculous amount of times, poor running from the front line and not looking across. gally's flag was up and down like a whores draws as much but am i slagging another cornish academy referee???? NO

Must say that James together with another youngster at Kilkhampton are two of the best I have had on the line all season

I have played for Stews team before when his son was linesman and James is definitely not influenced and very, very honest. I am aware I am not perfect but moaning on here about young referees and linesman is not on. Leave it at the game or in your dressing room if you have to moan at all. Putting off young refs means we will never get rid of the likes of Smithy, Al Johns and Gary C... ;)

CARPS YOUR WISHES COULD VERY SOON BE FULFILLED

Very sad people slating James on here he's young and chooses to give his time up to run the line,give it Afew years and he will be one of the best out there,these youngsters can't win least he's not out drinking and taking drugs and being a yob like some kids these days so have a think before you start moaning Fair play to the lad 10/10 all day long

Haha only joking Al, your patience over the years is much appreciated so hope your not retiring yet.

Stew, all good thanks, hope your we too. Good result Wednesday.

Cheers Carps but hoping I might able to help someone run a side next season (Open to offers)

got to agree james is is a very good asst referee.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and good luck to him this sunday too :thumbsup: :thumbsup: enjoy the day

whilst on here

best of luck to alan shaw and s robbins along with james for sunday :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

carps got another 15 years refereeing left yet. i am not going anywhere.. :yahoo::P

I agree James is a very fair linesman and never cheated I any the games I played against saltash . He is a credit to you Stewart and saltash . If people slate refs or linos we won't have any as they will give up and then we will buggered . Keep up the good work James

Not long ago Stewart that i heard you have a go at another teams lino about being a CHEAT,if you don t like it being said about your lad why do it to others ?? its all about opinions and if it doesnt go your teams way of course your going to blame everyone apart from your team and yourself,and you 2 refs that are on here Lynx and Karaoke don t get to carried away with yourselves,because iv e seen both of you have howlers,so your recommendations wouldn t carry a lot of faith.

Once again there is ref bashing ... Lynx and karaoke are 2 of the best refs around and have had the privilege of having both of then ref me and can honestly say they not been bad at all . People like you humf will kill this game off with slating refs as they will not want to do it anymore . If they have made mistakes then that's natural as there only human . I suggest people like you keep quiet as if you do play for a team you might not in future if ref bashing continues

So that means people like me should keep quiet,what you forget Jayjay 21 is they get paid i do not,in actual fact I pay them as i go and watch these games and PAY for doing so,when u watch football do you not have an opinion,when you watch pro footie even if its only on tv do you hear the fans singing (not nice things about the ref)and when Lampard scored against the germans when it was 2 ft over the line you must have been the only one saying unlucky ref and assistants unfortunately you got that wrong,mate do not be holier than thou(and if you don t know what that means then look it up).Maybe you need to give your head a shake mate.

Pro football is alot different . As for my intelligence well I am very educated thanks . Yes they get paid and people have opinions . But this is local football and we need refs to at the sport we love . I'm not insulting you and expect not to be insulted back . Which team you follow then humf as your behind a name I'm open about who I am !!!

Gotta say that when I was at Bere and James Cawte did the line for Saltash he was very fair and also very good.

Since the ECPL made it a policy that all teams had to have a qualified club linesman the standard has improved immensely.

I remember the young fella they used to have doing the line at Wadebridge, he was so biased even the Wadebridge players were embarrassed.

Among the best linos I've come across in the ECPL (apart from James Cawte) would have to be John Cole at Parkway, Steve Box (Snr) at Bude and the guys at Tavistock and Torpoint.

All very fair and enjoyed a friendly chat, plus the guy at Tavy used to advise you to tell your player he'd done a foul throw before giving it the second time he did one.

Some of the referees can have poor games (just like players) and many are too set in their ways, but as you tend to get the same ones in certain parts of the county(s) season after season you get used to them (i.e. Shaun Edge is card happy and Pete Sowden, although a decent ref will throw a hissy fit if you question his decisions).

Over all, clubs have to be thankful these guys do the job in the first place and I would have to agree that Smithy is one of the better ones.

humf

why dont you stop hiding benind a name and tell us who you are. :thumbsup:

been on this league now for a long time and got to admit its one of the best leagues around.

agree with you we all have bad games and i wouid be the first to admit that. :thumbsup:

but over a whole season that cant be bad can it??

also we dont do it for the money :yahoo: its because both myself and karaoke used to play good decent football yes belive it or not south western league :thumbsup:

so we understand players and will explain things to managers and player but thats our style of refereeing which is a good thing

you only got to ask managers that both of us are very appoachable on the field on off it. :thumbsup:

i cant speak for other referees on here. who read this but 99% are just doing a job which they enjoy on saturdays :thumbsup:

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, March 30, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, March 30, 2013 - No reason given

This is seriously the last time you see the mighty shafts name..... You sound like a bunch of tits!!! It's local football not the premier league, jay jay all you do is lick everyone's a**, on every topic, you sound a right women. Hope you get relegated so we no longer see your name come up!!! Humf one thing I agree on is Stewart does have ago at at officials but that's football!!! His lad is flag happy fact, he is also a rubbish linesman.

humf

why dont you stop hiding benind a name grow some balls and tell us who you are. :thumbsup:

been on this league now for a long time and got to admit its one of the best leagues around.

agree with you we all have bad games and i wouid be the first to admit that. :thumbsup:

but over a whole season that cant be bad can it??

also we dont do it for the money :yahoo: its because both myself and karaoke used to play good decent football yes belive it or not south western league :thumbsup:

so we understand players and will explain things to managers and player but thats our style of refereeing which is a good thing

you only got to ask managers that both of us are very appoachable on the field on off it. :thumbsup:

Martin who ever humf is sounds like a proper dickhead. At least we come on here in a good spirit to have some lighthearted banter not personaly insult other people. Perhaps he would like to introduce himself to us and we can have a meaningfull conversation but no, he will hide behind his alias name but renamed "DICKHEAD"

Shafts if you have the balls to match your mouth why don't you introduce your self to me ? It's not licking ass at all it's a opinion and not everything a post is complimentary to people ? I don't hide behind a computer and slag people off for fun unlike you !

Stewart if my flag was up and down like whores draws then the ball must of been out of play a lot of times. But I must have given at MOST 5 offsides all game! And being told what isn't offside from the dugout behind me and defend decisions where i didnt have clear view of from someone encouraging respect of officals being is abit hypocritical IMO.....

Thank you Gally just proved my point why isn t Stewart on here defending himself about slagging other Lino s of,or is it only ok to slag Lino s of so long as its not your son ????.JayJay21 why do you need to know who i am,is it only you thats got a right to voice their opinion on here,all im saying is the 2 refs who are commenting on this subject about Lino s have their opinion,everyone else are allowed to have theirs,especially when we have paid 4 quid to watch the game,if you think im wrong then comment and maybe us guys that pay our money won t bother to turn up again,and then you defo won t need refs.

humf you seem to have a problem. What makes you think a referee is not needed if you don't pay your £4. This is local football where players pay subs. Perhaps you should stay home by the TV with your coco and pipe and save this vast amount of money or is perhaps you have just discovered the "on" button on your computer.

Thank you Gally just proved my point why isn t Stewart on here defending himself about slagging other Lino s of,or is it only ok to slag Lino s of so long as its not your son ????.JayJay21 why do you need to know who i am,is it only you thats got a right to voice their opinion on here,all im saying is the 2 refs who are commenting on this subject about Lino s have their opinion,everyone else are allowed to have theirs,especially when we have paid 4 quid to watch the game,if you think im wrong then comment and maybe us guys that pay our money won t bother to turn up again,and then you defo won t need refs.

f

Players play because they want to play football and people watch because they want to. You are on the East Cornwall and Cornish Combo league forum where I don't believe anybody pays £4 to watch. Might be better if you could come up with an original ideal other than pipe/coco but by your comments on the site mentality seems to be lacking