Cornwall Football Forum

Any Subbuteo (Table Football) Fans out there?

Atrants

I'm currently looking for fans/players of subbuteo in Cornwall to play against and eventually form a club. I am a member of English Subbuteo Association (http://subbuteoassociation.co.uk) and regularly play in their individual tournaments. But the problem is that to play regularly means I have to travel all over the country which of course is quite expensive; so it would be nice if I could find people closer to play against. Plus if we were to form a club it means we could enter the ESA's team events.

Used to play back in 1976 in the Cornwall League, based in Hayle, with Malcolm Webb, Steve Quick, Sean Ryan and others. We once lost 10-0 to Wales in a series of internationals. Sorry to hear about Geoff Luke: lost 13-0 to him once. Recall that most successful pitch formation used to be 8-1-1 with the back 8 stretched across the 30-yard shooting line. Do you favour the traditionally proportioned players or the tall thin almost two-dimensional ones with the smaller bases ?

Good money to be made out of 'old' players, pitches and equipment. My dear old Nan bought me a battered and broken set of the traditional Red & Blue teams, pitch etc in a Jumble Sale back in the late 60's (I was three), it ended up in my Mums loft when I left home. A couple of years ago, I dug it out, dusted it off and popped it on Ebay. Even old broken players sell, it helps if you still have boxes but I got £72.00 from an collector in Italy for what in effect was stuff that would never be fit for playing a serious game.

Enjoy a good flick or sell up, there are plenty of buyers out there.

Used to play back in 1976 in the Cornwall League, based in Hayle, with Malcolm Webb, Steve Quick, Sean Ryan and others. We once lost 10-0 to Wales in a series of internationals. Sorry to hear about Geoff Luke: lost 13-0 to him once. Recall that most successful pitch formation used to be 8-1-1 with the back 8 stretched across the 30-yard shooting line. Do you favour the traditionally proportioned players or the tall thin almost two-dimensional ones with the smaller bases ?

I generally play with the new soft touch bases as most players in modern tournaments use these. But there are some "Old Subbuteo" tournaments are still being played by Old Subbuteo enthusiast. I never had the honour of meeting Geoff Luke but by the sounds of things he was great guy who did a lot for the game. It would be nice to bring subbuteo back to Cornwall the problem is finding regular players who are up for playing regularly. Like I said before anyone interested in having a game or two just send me message and I'll get back to you. I'm currently based in the Truro area.