Cornwall Football Forum

St Dennis v St Austell Knockout Cup

Finished st dennis 0-2 st austell. Pretty comfortable for st austell in the end although st dennis battled hard and restricted st austell to very few chances until just b4 the 1st goal. A bizzare begining to the game aswell, danny carne and will tinsley starting for snozzell only to come off after 5 mins so they are eligible for the mid week junior cup area final. They both headed straight to poltair park for the tavistock game after coming off! Presumably why this game kicked off early and why the mid week game against probus was played? Although no rules have been broken surely its against fair play/morals! Will be rooting for them agsinst bude still the same.

Then why pull a trick like you did yesterday if you are going to be playing the same team that got you there! Made a mockery of yesterdays game and also the midweek final! It is a junior level cup so is your club that desperate to win a cup that you pull stunts like that using senior players?

My hopes for the trophy have now switched!

We have 2 players who cannot play on tuesday, ben douglas, who is sadly working until 8.30 and mike body who has played 1 too many senior games. They have been replaced by will and danny. Every single other player will be identical to every other round, most of which have played since duchy 5. I don't have to justify anything to you or anyone else, that is the fact, all the players from the rounds will be there. Or would you like us to play with 14 and not 16? Nobody Is being left out or replaced, and every player that has played in every other round that is available to play will be playing. The reason we got the games in, not that it is any of your business, was so dave kitson can serve his suspension and play in the final, is that alright with you? See you on tuesday with your bude scarf.

He has played 1 too many senior games... is that a serious argument? It is a junior final! I do feel for the lad that is working though as is a big game to be missed.

Nothing wrong with trying to get a suspension out of the way (although playing it early was clearly not for the benefit of Dave Kitson was it!!) at all but bringing on two first team players ( who I assume will start??) for 5 minutes makes a mockery of the entire system of junior football. For players at this level it is as big as it gets so to do it that way just leaves a bitter taste on the mouth as many of the other posters above would seem to agree with me on.

Sounds like some of the squad dont like it either!!

Genuinely wish you the best, and I def won't be wearing a Bude scarf, just wish the club had gone about this in a very different way!

Fair enough. this is the last post I will make on this with regard to mike body, mike , as everyone who follows cornish football will know, was not in the st austell team at the start of the season and so dropped down to the seconds, he then obviously played numerous league games and the junior cup, not for any alterior motive, simply as that was the team he was selected to play for. He then got a number of goals, as he is a brilliant player, and was promoted back to the first team. Where he has now played a number of senior games. You make it sound above as if he was a ringer, he absolutely was not,he was a second team player , playing for us, nothing more. I hope that clears it up.

This is a debate that is going knowhere, my advice though would be if you want the credit from the wider footballing community not just the St Austell Chairman is to play with your junior players ( who are more than capable) and if you get the win you deserve all the credit you deserve. Win it with 1st teamers and you open yourself up to this type of discussions because as the name suggests it is a JUNIOR cup!!!

Dont disagree but this is as the name suggests a JUNIOR cup not the league!

How they think it is okay to play someone who has played 18 times for the first team is beyond me! I also wish chris and the regular boys all the luck in the world but as I said above I think the club have got this wrong!

Bude Town first team do but not the reserve team; which is their Junior Cup side. I also thought that you were only allowed to play a maximum of 4 players that had been reinstated in the current or previous season; surely St Austell have at least 3 or 4 in their squad that have been reinstated without Tinsley or Carne to be added to that number.

Junior cup or not, just wondering if its NOT ok for St.Austell to legitamely play Mike Body, even though he started the season with St.Austell 2nds and now is involved with St.Austell 1st team or for that matter, any other of the St.Austell players playing for either side as long as its above board, but its been ok for Sticker to play some of their 1st team in the duchy side??

You cant have a go at one club and back another on the same issue.

Good luck to St.Austell, I for one, will be wanting them to win.

Nobody had any complaints about Mike Body!! It was the attempted inclusion of the other pair - one who has played EVERY game for the first team this year!! Makes a mockery of the comp and glad the rules came to light in time as would of been worse for the club if they played and lost for that reason!

Did make me laugh when i heard the news about what st austell got up to sat but i would of prob done the same if the players didnt mind.no rules broken no problems and the end of the day what you going to do.And whats the problem with Body theres 10 other players that have class through out and when we (meva) played st austell he didnt do alot.Good luck to st austell going to be a good game done you lot a favour sat beating fowey they had 2 players go off after 5 min but that was through injury.

Message to Chris Knight - As someone who has seen the pain of the consequences of ineligible players in the past through misunderstandings or even basic checks not being carried out after working very hard to be successful in various competitions etc - my advice to you is to ensure that EVERYONE on your teamsheet tonight is eligible to play without exception as I think you will know by now there will be many jumping at the chance to check tomorrow if you slip up....cheers and all the very best tonight....Pete