Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City fury at Hodges red card as they suffer stoppage time heartbreak

Todays win was Wellings TENTH win on the trot which included knocking Conference Premier Woking out of the FA Trophy, in the NINE games before today they had only conceded 4 goals so for Truro City to score three against them shows how good our players are, we were beaten in the main by an inadequate referee who lost control of what was a good game until he lost the plot.

Our numbers were thin on the terraces, the City choir reduced to four of us but there were still a couple of us at the end to let the referee know what we thought of him. The Welling fans were baffled why Lee Hodges was sent off and like us expected a Truro City free kick not the penalty from which they scored.

On our travels in 12 games we have only seen City win once this season but Maidenhead apart we have been proud of the team on every occasion, I hope the lads efforts are rewarded with a bumper gate at Treyew Road next week, they deserve the support, on the other side of the coin high flying Welling fans were moaning like mad about how POORLY their team has been playing recently, if they don't want them, we'll take those 10 wins.

A bright point for hoteliers, Welling plan a similar trip to Truro for the return game as last season when 100 plus made the trip to Cornwall, they were very upbeat about that.

I amended the number of games won by Welling because the website I got 12 wins from was wrong, realising that I went to the Official Wellng site which shows it is 10 consecutive wins.