Cornwall Football Forum

Thanks, but surely it should be the same for every game?? Yesterday the ref didn’t see an incident in which an attacking player was sent off and the club linesmen for the defending team flagged and advised the ref to send the player off. Surely this shouldn’t be the case as the same linesmen should have flagged to give the attacking team a penalty before the sending off but obviously didn’t as it would be against his team??

I’m not complaining about the sending off because I think it was a red card offensive, however the just wonder if a club linesmen should be giving these decisions when they will only ever favour their team?

tomhall, it will not be the same for every game as referee`s will ask for different things from a club assistant, myself for instance will always ask the assistants not to give me fouls on the field of play, As to a club assistant advising the referee to send off any player is a no, a referee should see the offence himself and make his own decision, we cannot have club assistants getting players sent off.

I watched the liskeard game on Saturday and my thoughts are that club linesman should have advised the referee to book the forward for diving! But sometimes decisions go for you, sometimes they go against you. A quick mention for liskeards little left winger, my goodness doesn't he moan! Luckily torpoints right back was able to put him in his pocket and keep him there to save us all from listening to him all game!!

Thanks, but surely it should be the same for every game?? Yesterday the ref didn’t see an incident in which an attacking player was sent off and the club linesmen for the defending team flagged and advised the ref to send the player off. Surely this shouldn’t be the case as the same linesmen should have flagged to give the attacking team a penalty before the sending off but obviously didn’t as it would be against his team??

I’m not complaining about the sending off because I think it was a red card offensive, however the just wonder if a club linesmen should be giving these decisions when they will only ever favour their team?

Seems like cheating to me - if the integrity of the linesman is in question, then his own club should do something about it - Utopia I know but some will win at all costs.

I watched the liskeard game on Saturday and my thoughts are that club linesman should have advised the referee to book the forward for diving! But sometimes decisions go for you, sometimes they go against you. A quick mention for liskeards little left winger, my goodness doesn't he moan! Luckily torpoints right back was able to put him in his pocket and keep him there to save us all from listening to him all game!!

Haha possible one of the funniest things ive heard!! He must have quite big pockets!!!

I couldn't give an honest opinion on that as I was behind the goal and didn't have a very clear view. I also wasn't aware that the ref did speak to the linesman. But surely if the linesman can be trusted to give offside/throw ins he can be trusted to give an honest opinion on an incident directly in front of him? Wasn't your linesman your manager? Do you think that is right?

Yes our linesmen is our manager, I dont think that it makes much differance if its the manager or a club linesmen, :) I simply wanted to know if there job was to give throw-ins and offsides as I wasn't sure!! The main problem is that how many club linesmen can be trusted to give decisions against their own team??

yea the left winger for us was in the right backs pocket-apart from when he raped him at every chance he did-scored a goal and set up the other! ref was poor-couldnt see the sending off. he missed a pen for liskeard in first half, missed blatant corners for torpoint and gave goal kicks, club linos should only be there for offside, throws and corners. anymore than that cant be trusted! its a sad state but true.

No it doesn't make any differance there still involved with the club, you must have good hearing from all the way behind the goal :thumbsup: lol!!! My point for this topic was not about the game saturday but to see what the actual rules for club linesmen at this level was! Do you think its right that your linesmen got a player sent off??

It was right down in the corner and he was shouting so didn't need great hearing. But I am allowed to move around am I not? I think it depends on the qualifications of the linesman. But I don't think the linesman should be allowed to shout to a player about someone being unmarked!!

I shouted once at my defender after the play had gone into the oppositions half, the only other time I spoke to my players was 3 or 4 times congratulating them on their play. You are completely wrong with your posting and it is obvious that all you want to do is cause trouble because that's all you are capable of. Most teams that we play against( Torpoint is an exception) have linesmen that continually coach throughout the game, I do not and will not so try and find a different tune to sing please.

MQ x

I think to say torpoints linesman got the player sent off is a bit harsh, I'm sure he only gave an opinion. I can't comment on the incident cause I didn't have a clear view but Tom hall himself has said it deserved a red so maybe you should be questioning your player for getting himself sent off. MQ I'm not trying to cause trouble, just saying what I saw,

Did you see me shouting at my defenders after the play had broken down and the ball was in the other half, this was frustration on my part and still not classed as coaching, I even apologised to the fans nearby because of my language, once again not coaching. You can see why people get cross with certain postings on here, hiding behind names, posting what they thought they saw and not stating facts!

MQ x

The play had stopped yes. It just seemed strange to see a linesman react in that manner. I thought while on their linesman duty they had to be impartial. As a linesman then, What is your opinion on the sending off with the referee asking the torpoint linesman his opinion?

If you re- read and understand my posting you will see that it was frustration on my part, an out burst of anger and therefore nothing to do with being impartial ! I was giving my team a bollocking not a coaching session!

My opinion on the sending off is that if the ref did not see the incident he cannot give a red card, he also did not see a Torpoint player run from the 18 yard line down to the incident( fastest and furthest he has run for a while) and raise 2 hands to a Liskeard player which is also a sending off offence.

MQx

Once again you are twisting words to fuel a fire and I'm sure most people with one more brain cell than an amoeba will be able to see through the conversation, pick out the facts and form their own opinions. With that in mind, I'm going to leave you to continue before I have to repeat the facts again and then get bored and start to fall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . .. ...... .....

Night x