Cornwall Football Forum

Player Deadline Has Passed

The 10am deadline has passed and it would appear that players have not been paid.

@Jakeyash For those asking, no we haven't been paid...

Since last Thurs 'TCFC' have contacted me once, to tell me to tell the players they aren't allowed to play for anyone else while contracted

Rhod Mitchell from The West Brition has more on Thisiscornwall.co.uk© - Truro City Crisis Grows After Players Not Paid By Deadline

Truro City is not dead, I knew this day would come but despite what has happened I will not criticise those who have tried, succeeded and then presumably failed. All my postings in the past have been FOOTBALL related and I stand by them HOWEVER >>>>

Come next week it has been mentioned the whole first team squad will walk away from Truro City, there may be a couple who decide to stay, I think there is no alternative than to withdraw from the BS Conference South, make the reserve team the FIRST team and harbour ambitions of one day advancing to the Western League Premier which is probably as far as any Cornish club could financially compete. It has been said it costs £500,000 to compete for one season in the Conference, that kind of money is not available at this time for clubs of Truro's size.

We have had a wonderful journey, something I wouldn't have missed alas it appears to be over, many things could have been done better, maybe now they can, a start could be ensuring there is a ground to play on, signing over the playing side of the football club to the fans, debt free - Maybe those 500 plus average conference fans could feel a sense of relief, they would have THEIR OWN club back and continue to turn up at Treyew Road to aid the recovery.

This is NOT the end - For Truro City 1889 - THIS HAS TO BE THE BEGINNING. - WE'RE NOT FINISHED.

I read in the WB that we may pull the reserves out of the Peninsula to concentrate on the BSS, presumably with the reserves! That could get ugly pretty fast. Having seen what we did to teams in the Western League, I can't say I fancy seeing what we did to them done unto us. It could make a masochist of me and God only knows where that might lead...

Still, whatever happens it has been a lot of fun and as the lovely Doris Day once sang: Que sera sera...

Whatever happens to the football club, you can be sure that he won't give up any land or buildings that he may own, or have a claim on at Treyew Road. This is where the next nasty mess is going to happen, if and when the time comes to pick over the bones.

For the sake of football in the City (or close by), there must be someone at TISA with the sense to form on paper, a City Of Truro FC. start talks with CCFA & SWPL to see what might be possible, negotiate with Goonhavern or someone to groundshare and get 18 players ready to play in the West Division.

12 months out of the game and you will find it a long road back.