Cornwall Football Forum

From Truro City's Chairman KEVIN HEANEY

Received from Mike Truscott, Editor, City Alerts - the official Truro City Football Club news service for supporters and media.

From Chairman KEVIN HEANEY, 1202 pm, Monday, 16 January, 2012:

"I have just left the High Court in London and can confirm that the outstanding six-figure sum has been paid in full to HM Revenue and Customs. So from now on it is business as usual, with team strengthening and our continued commitment to the Stadium for Cornwall project. We will now be seeking to have the League's transfer embargo lifted just as soon as possible so that we can start strengthening our squad again.

"We are immensely grateful to everyone who has stuck by the club and helped in all sorts of ways over the last few extremely difficult months. I will be at Bromley for our next match, this Saturday, and I very much look forward to seeing as many as possible of our fantastic away supporters there - followed, of course, by our next home match a week later against Staines Town. Now it's time for a fresh start - onwards and upwards, as they say."

A very flippant comment Nemesis, firstly well done for all the hard working people at TCFC who over the years have supported their club throughout the leagues. Surely no Cornish person would want any club to go out of business. I also appreciate Nemesis you are not Cornish but I am more thrilled to hear the news that the club are committed to the S4C. At last we may get an opportunity to build a stadium to be proud in our fine county. Without TCFC support im positive it would have made a major impact of the decision of our county councillors.

Why do people make some silly statments on this site?

I would like to say, well done to Truro and KEVIN HEANEY. Its great to see a team from cornwall trying their best to put cornwall on the football map.The higher the better as far as iam concerned. Who on this website wouldnt want Pro football in this county ! If you are football fans than that can only be good for this county.You should leave your petty opinions at home, its pathetic. instead of moaning and groaning about Truro, put your hand in your pocket, get out and support them instead of slagging them off. IMAGINE they draw Man utd,Chelsea,Man City etc, in they F A Cup, you will all pay to see that ! GET BEHIND THEM FOR GODS SAKE ! ! ! TIS A CORNISH TEAM ME ANSUM. WELL DONE TO EM ! AND MORE POWER TO EM. All these Cornish Plymouth supporters could get behind a cornish team, instead of supporting a Devon team, or are you not that loyal ? ? ? Only when it suits me thinks ! Think about it ! WELL DONE TRURO...................................

I'm Cornish but I still echo the comments of Nemesis on this subject.

Are people really congratulating Mr Heaney for simply taking responsibility and paying his dues?

I'm neutral, would love to see them have success on the field but before I go dishing out glib congratulatons, I'd like to see some recompence and an apology for the chaos he left some Cornish Businesses in!

HMRC are like dogs with bones, the difference between this debt and that of the various local business debts is that it was never going to go away. They would get him one or way or another; did he want to bust the club and lose the only asset left? No chance.

If he hadnt have paid the bill, the stadium for Cornwall would have been an even larger pipe dream so in my mind it was never in doubt. Treyew will one day repay the promotions, it might just take a little longer than he would have liked.

More congratulations should be offered to those clubs who havent got in trouble in the first place!

I'm Cornish but I still echo the comments of Nemesis on this subject.

Are people really congratulating Mr Heaney for simply taking responsibility and paying his dues?

I'm neutral, would love to see them have success on the field but before I go dishing out glib congratulatons, I'd like to see some recompence and an apology for the chaos he left some Cornish Businesses in!

HMRC are like dogs with bones, the difference between this debt and that of the various local business debts is that it was never going to go away. They would get him one or way or another; did he want to bust the club and lose the only asset left? No chance.

If he hadnt have paid the bill, the stadium for Cornwall would have been an even larger pipe dream so in my mind it was never in doubt. Treyew will one day repay the promotions, it might just take a little longer than he would have liked.

More congratulations should be offered to those clubs who havent got in trouble in the first place!

OK, point taken........... lets build some apartments that no one can afford instead.

Good Idea, perhaps we could run up some materials and labour costs from local businesses and then Cornish Homes i mean Heaney can leave others to foot the bill?

No point dragging up old news, its a row that you will never win due to his lack of morals.

On a more serious note, it was probably the over ambition and lack of sales at the Boscawen Woods development that led to the problem in the first place!

A great day for Truro City,we survive to fight on and continue to bring Conference South football to the County.Long may it continue.

A very sad day for the same few that were hoping that Truro City went under today.You know who you are.Hold your heads in shame.