Cornwall Football Forum

Still hopeful that tax can be sorted!

From the below taken from thisiscornwall it would appear Truro's owner Kevin Heaney is still working on a way out in settling the tax bill:-

"Truro City chairman Kevin Heaney is optimistic that 2012 is going to a good year for the club. He is confident that the club can resolve its problems with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, which has issued a winding-up order over an unpaid six figure tax bill, and can also go forward with plans to move to the proposed Stadium for Cornwall.

City are next due in the High Court on January 16, after the first hearing on the winding-up order was adjourned. Heaney believes an agreement will be reached early in the new year.

He said: "An improved offer has been made and I am confident that it will be resolved. There is funding from sponsors and our development partners to assist that.

"I am hoping it gets signed off in the first or second week of January. We don't want it to go to January 16. But a lesson I've learned over the last four years is don't rely on things until they are signed and sealed."

Heaney also said the club were "100 per cent" committed to the proposed Stadium for Cornwall. He said that a deal to develop the club's Treyew Road ground, which would allow the club to move to the venue, was nearing completion. He said: "We're almost there. I'm in no doubt about that. It will give the club an income for life and not rely on any one individual. We want a viable Truro City which makes for a viable stadium."

I thought Mr Heaney originally said they had the money. Now he seems to be hoping that the club sponsors will stump up the cash plus who-ever the hotel chain is that will be allowed to run the hotel at the Stadium for Cornwall (if it is built).

This is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Take away the club's future earnings to pay current debts. 3-4 months from now when the next 6-month's VAT is due the club will be in the same boat.

Is he hoping that Dicky Evans of the Pirates, a hotel chain and the tax-payers of Cornwall will pay for the Stadium For Cornwall because it doesn't seem that he has any money to chip in to the project or are there another group of "Irish Investors" linked to a company in Gibraltar waiting to invest in a club that is teetering on the brink?

NO STADIUM FOR CORNWALL

Mr Heaney should not be allowed to opt out of his duty to provide Truro City with a football ground,

an out of our control rental option is not acceptable.

Truro City Footoball Club cannot afford it despite what Mr Heaney says.

Cornish Pirates will not be able to afford it if PROMOTED, one of the Aviva Premiership rules is that

ALL players in their squad have to have FULL TIME PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTS, 15 + those on

the bench would surely cost more than the funds it is possible to generate in Cornwall plus any

sponsors they may attract from outside the county.

YES - Treyew Road will generate a good return for Mr Heaney's investment.

NO.. - It will not benefit Truro City in the long term because a SforC would dwarf any support and cost

... ... . too much outlay repairing the pitch after EVERY rugby game, rental etc.

• 2 weeks later...

From the below taken from thisiscornwall it would appear Truro's owner Kevin Heaney is still working on a way out in settling the tax bill:-

"Truro City chairman Kevin Heaney is optimistic that 2012 is going to a good year for the club. He is confident that the club can resolve its problems with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, which has issued a winding-up order over an unpaid six figure tax bill, and can also go forward with plans to move to the proposed Stadium for Cornwall.

City are next due in the High Court on January 16, after the first hearing on the winding-up order was adjourned. Heaney believes an agreement will be reached early in the new year.

He said: "An improved offer has been made and I am confident that it will be resolved. There is funding from sponsors and our development partners to assist that.

"I am hoping it gets signed off in the first or second week of January. We don't want it to go to January 16. But a lesson I've learned over the last four years is don't rely on things until they are signed and sealed."

Heaney also said the club were "100 per cent" committed to the proposed Stadium for Cornwall. He said that a deal to develop the club's Treyew Road ground, which would allow the club to move to the venue, was nearing completion. He said: "We're almost there. I'm in no doubt about that. It will give the club an income for life and not rely on any one individual. We want a viable Truro City which makes for a viable stadium."

Any news on this? Only six days left. :ph34r: