Cornwall Football Forum

Mission Impossible - Sutton Utd 2-2 Truro City

Sutton previously had thrashed Truro's full first team squad 3-0 at Treyew Road earlier in the season and I expected little better when Truro made a visit tonight. That's before I heard of the extraordinary circumstances:

Truro were down to 11 players due to a combo of injury and suspension. 11 players and one sub in the form of reserve player Tom Dixon.

Incredibly, Truro managed to pull off a heroic display to draw 2-2 - even managing to take the lead twice. Sutton's 2nd came in the 95th minute.

Well done Truro, next up is away to Weston-Super-Mare on Boxing Day and then home Weston on New Years Day.

Great result Dave as mentioned, but may i ask the question why havent any of the West Peninsula players been asked to play in this fixture. Going away with 12 players is surely unacceptable at this level.

At the beginning of the season the club registered their players including Cody Cooke and Kieren Conibear-Trathen for the Peninsula West league. The club were then put under a Transfer embargo meaning that they can not register any more players unless they have less than 16 contracted players. The league last night allowed for two players to register (Scott Palmer and Tim Nixon) however Scott couldn't make it to the game. This arrangement was for one game only.