Cornwall Football Forum

Maidenhead United 1 Truro City 3

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Walker, Hayles and Afful all on target for the mighty Truro as they swept Maidenhead aside 3-1. The game finished with only 19 players - Truro losing one and Maidenhead two. Truro are now 11th - 3 points off the play-offs and 8 points off top spot. Next up is away to struggling Thurrock on saturday.

Maidenhead United 1

Brookes (og) 19mins

TRURO CITY ........ 3

Walker (pen) 63 mins

Martin .......... 71 mins

Afful.............. 90+4

Att 301

The League and all other websites I have seen credit Truro's second goal to Barry Hayles,

I stood about 6ft away, Hayles shot was blocked and Marcus Martin following up scored.

It was not a dirty game but the referee thought he would send two Maidenhead players off and one from Truro City,

on top of that he also found it necessary to book at least 10 more, I blame the referee for what happened because

his actions frustrated everyone, a brawl broke out between both teams, the ref was booking for nowt at the same time

missing a number off the ball incidents following the brawling, maybe his youthful 24 years of age should be taken into

account for further appointments, send him away to get experience at a lower level, fast tracking is all very well but it

has no place at this level.

With a volatile situation manufactured like it was, it is unusual for both sets of supporters agreeing the referee ruined

the game by losing control

i think you will find the report was written by mountaineer who lives no where near truro so it is probably a report from someone who deonst normally write one who was able to attend a game a bit nearer to where he lives!

You get an extra saucer of milk for that :clapper:

YES this was my HOME game only a dozen miles each way. It will be different on Saturday for the game against THURROCK, car, two trains, then across London on the Underground, another train, then a bus journey to the ground - 90 mins of football - and then do it all again in the reverse direction, when City played at Havant I got home only one hour before the lads got back to Cornwall so us exiles do our bit to support the team, therefore have a right to post our experiences that may be of interest for FANS who we meet on our travels but unable to commit great distances mid week.

Most times I don't bother to report back on CSF because some saddo has already scattered their poison, I like many am only interested in REAL FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS who respect other clubs and what those running them do to keep them going, this I have done for most of my 75 years, respect people.